Orsi

44 minutes ago, Orsi said:

The flashlight is very handy, but it needs battery power to turn it on [...]

It does?

For me it can be switched on without battery power (A-10C and A-10C II, latest OpenBeta). After all, it's a handheld (or glove-attached) device with no connection whatsoever to the aircraft.

Are you certain the flashlight can only be switched on with the battery on?

2 hours ago, Yurgon said:

It does?

For me it can be switched on without battery power (A-10C and A-10C II, latest OpenBeta). After all, it's a handheld (or glove-attached) device with no connection whatsoever to the aircraft.

I’ll test again an reply to you, thanks in advance 

2 hours ago, Yurgon said:

It does?

Was for me (requiring the battery power switch to be on)

Also something similar with the Hornet - but there was some stipulation with the Hornet, that once you'd applied the battery switch power and then toggled the battery switch power, the flashlight wouldn't turn back on again.

Cheers,

Ziptie

• Like 1

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

This seems odd.  I thought the Flashlight was just a handheld flashlight.  Is this a bug?

• Like 1

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

The "Flashlight" in the Hornet is a hand-held-lamp, mounted on the rear, right cockpit wall. I don't recall that you needed to turn the battery on for it to work, but maybe.

I the A-10C the flashlight was only just added due to popular request. Even though it is in the category "Right Console" there is nothing else in the category and I'm guessing it was simply copied from a different module and left as it is.

I just tried it, and starting in an A-10C II Tank Killer cold and dark at 2am local time, no moon, no nothing, pitch black out there, it works as the very first game button I press. Dim controls don't seem to work, but better than nothing.

No idea what your issue is Ziptie. Maybe check your controls again. Also try <LAlt><L> on the keyboard. That should always work, unless you've changed it.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

3 hours ago, Captain Orso said:

The "Flashlight" in the Hornet is a hand-held-lamp, mounted on the rear, right cockpit wall. I don't recall that you needed to turn the battery on for it to work, but maybe.

I the A-10C the flashlight was only just added due to popular request. Even though it is in the category "Right Console" there is nothing else in the category and I'm guessing it was simply copied from a different module and left as it is.

By the way flashlight followc your curcor, I'd say it's more something like that:

FGP-R_c916c319-3050-4ec1-96b1-92cdcd25c9

It's called a "wander lamp" or "utility light". It's mounted in the cockpit and you can take it out of the holder and use it as a "flashlight". It's permanently attached by a power-cord and does not require for the battery switch to be on. That is, it is on the "hot battery bus" so you can use it without any electrical switching.

Capture.JPG

Edited by chaos
  • Thanks 2

"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage..."

On 1/1/2021 at 4:53 AM, Captain Orso said:

I just tried it, and starting in an A-10C II Tank Killer cold and dark at 2am local time, no moon, no nothing, pitch black out there, it works as the very first game button I press. Dim controls don't seem to work, but better than nothing.

No idea what your issue is Ziptie. Maybe check your controls again. Also try <LAlt><L> on the keyboard. That should always work, unless you've changed it.

Odd, tried it today and it worked as intended.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• 7 months later...

Tested: the lights works as intended at first start in the mission.

However, there is a bug: once the battery has been on, the flashlight always needs battery.

So

mission start - turn flashlight on:ok

enable battery: flashlight ok

disable battery: flashlight goes off and can not be switched on again

battery back on: flashlight ok

Reported

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro