Supercarrier Skins?

Hello all!

I myself am certainly not one to create, however I am curious if it is possible to create skins for the US carriers. I.E. make a USS Nimitz or Vinson skin for The Roosevelt to add more variety to the ships. I understand this would be purely aesthetic because there are differences between the Roosevelt subclass and other Nimitz Carriers but nonetheless would be interesting.

If at all possible if anyone would undergo the task that would likely be much appreciated by the community and mission makers alike. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2020 at 10:51 AM, Tholozor said:

Personally I think it would look weird as the lights that illuminate the hull number on the island are part of the model.

How often are those on though? I don't imagine it'd be a problem during daytime or during nighttime flight ops, which is when nearly everyone will be looking at it. 

It's not so much about the lights being on, just the physical model of the lights on the island are in the shape of the numbers, which are still visible during the day.

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

54 minutes ago, Bunny Clark said:

How often are those on though? I don't imagine it'd be a problem during daytime or during nighttime flight ops, which is when nearly everyone will be looking at it. 

They (Hull number lights) are never on at sea. Only in-port or anchored out in a liberty port. They are way too bright for at sea operations so in DCS, it's kind of pointless.

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

2 hours ago, Tholozor said:

It's not so much about the lights being on, just the physical model of the lights on the island are in the shape of the numbers, which are still visible during the day.

Oh that's a good point, I didn't think of that.

Still, if someone's willing to overlook other oddities with the later ships not matching for first few, they may be fine overlooking that too. 

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to know this too.  I've altered the skins for the Stennis (just the island number to "66" and "67") for flying the early F14-A from.  I'm fine with the downsides.

If I could find a static A7 to go with the EA6's , now that would really be nice ....