TEW A10C-II - Mission 3 TOT

Hi,

Bit of an A10 noob, and perhaps I've missed something obvious. In mission 3 where you have to perform the low pass over Tbilisi at 750 AGL at exactly 12:00, I set the TOT for the WPT (4) in the CDU but the actual clock in the aircraft when on the ramp is at around 07:30, that can't be right surely? I think it's around a 45 minute trip to WPT 4 from memory. I'm pretty sure the time was set to local in the CDU too, is it a bug or me being a bit "thick" (likely the latter) 😉

Regards,

Z

• Like 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

I`m searching info on this as well. How to set up ToT, and if you must change the clock in the plane?

Windows 10 pro 64bit | Intel I7 4790K@ 4GHz | 24GB Crucial ballistix sport 1600MHz DDR3 | ASUS Strix GTX1080Ti OC | Crucial mx 100 250Gb SSD | Crucial mx 300 520Gb SSD "Game disc"| Samsung 1Tb HDD |

I think they changed the way Hog clock works from local to Zulu time. IIRC there is a way to change that via CDU, but perhaps someone else can help, haven't flown the A-10C II that much!
Thanks for confirming, thought I was going mad. Will have a hunt around.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

I was also wondering about this. Btw, Georgia is UTC+4 i.e. 12:00 local time is 8:00 UTC or 0800Z. This gives you 30 minutes, which I didn't make. I think I spent too much time waiting for 2 to catch up by flying out over the water, should have turned back towards land earlier I guess. Not a big deal, still passed the mission, but not without a scolding of BEHOLDER 🙂 for being 10 minutes late. These little details really make the campaign awesome!

• Like 1

I just tried out the mission, just passing the stadium, 4 seconds late. Mission starts at 11:12, Clock in hog 07:12. You have 48 min. So just get rid of some time on WP3 if need to, then do the pass. But there should be a correct way to do this..... somehow.

Edited by karkka
  • Like 2

Windows 10 pro 64bit | Intel I7 4790K@ 4GHz | 24GB Crucial ballistix sport 1600MHz DDR3 | ASUS Strix GTX1080Ti OC | Crucial mx 100 250Gb SSD | Crucial mx 300 520Gb SSD "Game disc"| Samsung 1Tb HDD |

I had to re fly the mission, did not get the coordinates right i think,  hour flight to target seems too long.

Now when I refly, I hear the same chat between WP 5 and WP 6 as WP 1 to WP 3, and got choose if stay silence. I follow the flight path

I completed the mission now. I did a misstake with the coordinates the first time (38). I also think you need to be careful with your speed otherwise your wingman will maybe see things you dont see because you fly too fast, thats why 300kts GS  (170 ish in HUD) is important, right??

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished the mission, it was great even if a bit long...I really like the way you did the campaign, with difficulty slighly increasing, painting the context mission by mission, radio messages,...All is well done,

Some remarks, flight start rolling just when I asked the takeof clearance (I had a mission message just before, near entrance of runway 25). So finally they were late, and never managed to really join up. As there is great time margin, and I did know if WP 1 was really important or not, I passed all WP and so did not have the time to wait them...I passed above stadium at 12:00, but alone. Anyway, I had the greeting message...

When wingman send a message after wp 5 he was quite behind, so I did not see what was to be seen. I had to confirm and get coordinate from radio to be able to find the place...Maybe it should be possible to have waypoint created only if asked by F10 ? I created a WP with coordinate and discovered that a WP was existing on same place...Or maybe I did a mistake and create it two time ?

Otherwise, it's a bit unrealistic...but welcome if you are in VR, don't have my mod and can not memorize coordinate or type them quickly enough...

Last thing, when I asked the flight to engage my target, they simply flew away, I had to do the job alone...SPI was in good place...

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Hey! Most of what you describe is the AI problem. They taxi too early, they often don’t see their targets, crash into the mountains and lag behind in formation...

One advice is to get them clise to target until they call seeing it. After that they usually engage. Also, use general command and not the ones telling what weapons yo use, works better for some reason. 

Better luck with the rest!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Hello, thanks for your answer. Unfortunately, there is few you can do for AI, except hinding its flaws with smart triggering or actions.

I just wanted to report that maybe you should made WP1 optional (and inform it can be bypassed) to help to have the flight joining up and keep timing.

And are you creating the WP on target automatically or did I create it double time without caring ?

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

• 4 months later...
On 1/2/2021 at 11:49 PM, karkka said:

I completed the mission now. I did a misstake with the coordinates the first time (38). I also think you need to be careful with your speed otherwise your wingman will maybe see things you dont see because you fly too fast, thats why 300kts GS  (170 ish in HUD) is important, right??

I also had problems like you describe... first, flight chat was triggered after WP5 and they were discussing how to get to WP4.

I guess I was in formation too late, but I never exceeded 280 GS. Anyhow, I got boring mission, nothing happening after WP7. Mostly silence until landing. Only later I saw on YT videos that some action should have happened. But I got only something like "I see smoke on 2 o'clock", no instruction to look for it and press space. I tried to find it but could not. Maybe triggered at wrong time. Had something similar in mission 2, at end was some comment about incident, but nothing happened during flight. I hope I won't mess up next missions. 😄

• 1 month later...

Hi,

can you please change the TOT to 08:00 Z in the briefings?

Had the same problem with the clock.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

• 4 months later...