Help WW2 P-51 altitude issue/ speed issue

Vaporise

I am really struggling to get my P51 to around 10,000 feet. I set RPM to 2600 MP to 46-47. I bleed off speed and eventually start descending(speed drops to 50 MPH). I am only ascending under 2 on the climb meter usually just over Zero. I keep slowly trimming the plane with Right rudder but still i feel like its not helping i still drift left and it i let go of the stick i will roll left. My last flight i was watching from Chase view to make sure i was level with the horizon. I struggle to keep the black ball in the center.

I have watched every video i can find but i am still struggling to gain altitude? is it a trim issue? what am i doing wrong?

Thank you for any help anyone can provide

Edited by Vaporise

50 mph is way below stall speed (which is around 100-110 mph)... You should be climbing at 200 mph or more. Level off first, gain speed (250+ mph), then start your climb.

A few questions...

• What's your fuel loadout?
  • What ordnance are you carrying?
  • What position is your Mixture lever at?
  • Are you trimmed for climb with the elevator?
  • What are your oil and coolant radiator switches set to?

Also, 2600 RPM might be a little low for climb... it's more appropriate for cruising. You can bump RPM up to 2700.

Edited by Charly_Owl

I am just doing a free flight mission. usually just Guns. 

Mixture lever is set to Run

oil and coolant switches are set to Automatic

I feel like i would be lucky to hit 250 MPH on a level flight. with throttle and RPM levers all the way forward i can do about 230mph level flight

I think it might be a heat issue my coolant is past red line. On the coolant gauge. How do i cool the engine down?

I have not been able to climb to 20,000 feet minus the two successful attempts.

I run at 42 MP and 2700 RPM.

• Vaporise changed the title to Help WW2 P-51 altitude issue/ speed issue
On 1/3/2021 at 7:52 PM, Vaporise said:

I think it might be a heat issue my coolant is past red line. On the coolant gauge. How do i cool the engine down?

I have not been able to climb to 20,000 feet minus the two successful attempts.

I run at 42 MP and 2700 RPM.

It would be easier to troubleshoot if you posted a replay track with your climbing attempt so that we could see what's going on there.

Things to check:

a) do you use "game flight mode" or "simulation flight mode"? I suspect the former, while the servers you played on twice forced the latter, which would explain why your plane performed different (realism/difficulty settings are set on the server side so they override the settings you use offline). The problems with trimming indicate the same thing (as far as I know, trimmers don't work in "game flight mode");

b) MAP regulator in Mustang is unable to keep the value set at sea level when climbing, so you have to adjust the throttle constantly to maintain 46". Did you do that during your tests?

c) as long as you stick with manual recommended climb parameters (170 mph IAS, 46" MAP, 2700 RPM), don't bother with radiator flaps, they'll automatically keep the engine around redlines, but still healthy.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.