FRENCHPACK V4.9.1 Update on 27/04/2022

vor 8 Stunden schrieb ruxtmp:

Yes same issue for me Geschirre. I cannt see the supercarrier or the F-14 by heatblur. This has been like this for me since version 3. I assume its a combination of my mods but i have not been able to figure out which ones

if I remember correctly, the  mod " US Navy Deck Equipment" was responsible for this error in the supercarrier when the frenchpack installed.

Edited by Dallenbach

Thank you very much, that was the culprit.  In my Mods folder "NavyEquipment" and "US Navy Equipment" mods were preventing the Super Carrier from appearing with FRENCHPACK_V4 CORE (I didn't try with the stock aircraft carriers).  Now to pick and chose which mods to activate when and for what.  Thanks again! Merci beaucoup, j'apprécie!

"A plan is a list of things that wont happen"

DCS banner.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It's a joke... 

Well actually no, it's my personnal vehicle ^^. To be completely transparent about this : I didn't get the liveries to work with this particular paint. I don't know why, which is why desert vesion is a separate version, and well, I then favorized my personnal paint. 

You too get it for the woodland version, it's the Dimitriov skin. It workef for this one, but not for the desert one... 

Edited by dimitriov

Excelent work!!!

So the amx10 rcr has been updated with a new sight.  

Also.. just to let you know, the manual has left out all about the amx10, so people may not know hoy to use its features (low profile and high)

I see the stabilization has been removed from the amx10 .

So what the real thing has? Auto tracking? Target computer? 

Without the stabilization its almost imposible to hit a target while moving, the amx rocks left and right like crazy.

Thanks!!!

A.K.A. Timon -117th- in game

Hi, 

Yes I removed the AMX-10RCR part in the manual to focus more on the general pack aspect. 

IRL 10RCR does not have any kind of stabilizer, and it rocks in every direction like you get, the only electronic part is the thermal camera from the older AMX-30B2, but it doesn't have any kind of targeting computer. I had allowed stab to ease a bit the handling. It's an ambush vehicle, nothing more, though can be quite efficient in some specific scenarios. 

The sight will be reworked btw.

Nicolas

Edited by dimitriov

I discovered beautiful machines :worthy: :worthy:

Thank you "dimitriov" for this beautiful package delivered on the first day of this new year.
Some images to reward the work of these novelties.

AMX 13/90

8peq.png

8945.png

g5uc.png

And also the AMX 13/75

zoix.png

xp58.png

dtsg.png

And the all new VBCI

yba4.png

gtms.png

5qib.png

g62l.png

Edited by Pappy2

The FrenchPack is really something, for sure !

A shame the deal with ED could not be made, the overall quality of the pack clearly deserves to be included in the core game. C'est la vie !

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

1990 Operation Salamander.
On Sunday August 13, 1990, at 11:00 am, the Salamandre group, made up of the aircraft carrier Clemenceau, the cruiser-missile-launcher Colbert and the tanker-tanker Var, set off from Toulon.
The PA, in a helicopter carrier version, takes on board the aircraft of the 5th Combat Helicopter Regiment (5th RHC) of the Army Light Aviation as well as a company of the 1st Infantry Regiment (1st RI) with its vehicles, and other units of the Navy in what will form the embryo of the French forces engaged in the liberation of Kuwait.

3kbm.jpg

n3tv.jpg

wzbf.jpg

iqly.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2021 at 8:33 AM, Urbi said:

For the conflict with NavyEquipment-Mod and the other conflicts resulting from it, the not displaying of units such as ships and infantry is the common.lua created in this mod. An incorrect entry in the fourth line is responsible for the conflict.
"dofile ('Scripts / Database / Weapons / warheads.lua')" so the warheads.lua is not loaded here. The correct name must be "dofile (current_mod_path .." / Scripts / Database / Weapons / warheads.lua ")". With change, not only does this mod work properly, but both mods work side by side.

Thank you for this discovery 🙂 I will put it in for the next version 🙂

• 1 month later...

After today's patch (2.7.1.6430 Open Beta - 20.05.2021) DCS doesn't even start (silent crash) until I remove the "FRENCHPACK_V4 CORE" folder.

No problems with my other mods (and I have plenty).

2021-05-20 16:45:49.224 INFO    SOUND: Added sound path: D:\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods/tech/FRENCHPACK_V4 CORE/Sounds
2021-05-20 16:45:49.277 ERROR   SOUNDER: Failed to load /sounds/44/Sounders/GroundUnits/WeaponSystem/IFV/toyota_desert.lua: [string "/sounds/44/Sounders/GroundUnits/WeaponSystem/IFV/toyota_desert...."]:9: '=' expected near '-'
2021-05-20 16:45:49.283 ERROR   SOUNDER: Failed to load /sounds/44/Sounders/GroundUnits/IFV/amx10rcr.lua: [string "/sounds/44/Sounders/GroundUnits/IFV/amx10rcr.lua"]:2: '=' expected near 'dofile'
2021-05-20 16:45:49.289 INFO    SOUNDER: Loaded 57 sounders.
2021-05-20 16:45:49.292 WARNING EDCORE: Source D:\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods/tech/FRENCHPACK_V4 CORE/Shapes is already mounted to the same mount /models/.
2021-05-20 16:45:49.298 WARNING EDCORE: Source D:\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods/tech/FRENCHPACK_V4 CORE/Textures/AMX10RCR.zip is already mounted to the same mount /textures/.
2021-05-20 16:45:49.300 WARNING LOG: 1 duplicate message(s) skipped.
2021-05-20 16:45:49.300 WARNING EDCORE: Source D:\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods/tech/FRENCHPACK_V4 CORE/Textures/AA20.zip is already mounted to the same mount /textures/.
2021-05-20 16:45:49.304 WARNING EDCORE: Source D:\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods/tech/FRENCHPACK_V4 CORE/Textures/M120.zip is already mounted to the same mount /textures/.
2021-05-20 16:45:49.311 WARNING EDCORE: Source D:\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods/tech/FRENCHPACK_V4 CORE/Textures/AMX10RCR.zip is already mounted to the same mount /textures/.
2021-05-20 16:45:49.314 WARNING EDCORE: Source D:\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods/tech/FRENCHPACK_V4 CORE/Textures/VABH.zip is already mounted to the same mount /textures/.
2021-05-20 16:45:49.317 ALERT   Dispatcher: Error running db_scan: ?:0: attempt to concatenate a nil value
2021-05-20 16:45:49.317 INFO    DCS: application shutdown
2021-05-20 16:45:49.405 WARNING EDOBJECTS: lTypeObjectManager::Create() doesn't exist.
2021-05-20 16:45:49.535 INFO    TERRAIN: lSystem::exit()
2021-05-20 16:45:49.535 INFO    TERRAIN: lSystem::CleanScenes()
=== Log closed.

Edited by Minsky
  • Like 1

Dima | My DCS uploads

11 minutes ago, Minsky said:

After today's patch (2.7.1.6430 Open Beta - 20.05.2021) DCS doesn't even start (silent crash) until I remove the "FRENCHPACK_V4 CORE" folder.

No problems with my other mods (and I have plenty).

same here I'm afraid. someoen on ED Discord said one of the vehicles has been added to stock...? 
>Adds some stuff that's redundant with the 2.7.1 additions (PT-76, VAB MEPHISTO)

• Thanks 1

:pilotfly: BrotherBloat