FRENCHPACK V4.9.1 Update on 27/04/2022

Yes, same here.

Im quite sure adding the VTB Mephisto cause a conflict between the mod and DCS, preventing from starting.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

How about Frenchpack gets updated to deal with newer DCS?

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

I have the frenchpack and my DCS runs without issues so far. However last week the frenchpack had a conflict with another mod Navy equipment, i leave here the fix that BlackLibrary gave me and maybe he somehow help someone:

"

In the frenshpack the Common.lua

4. Line: 

dofile('Scripts/Database/Weapons/warheads.lua')

change to:

:dofile(current_mod_path.."/Scripts/Database/Weapons/warheads.lua")

that should do the trick

one of my testers find this error

Edited May 14 by BlackLibrary"

Cheers,

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

I dont have that Navy mod and the French Pack keeps stoping DCS from loading

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

1 hour ago, fagulha said:

I have the frenchpack and my DCS runs without issues so far. However last week the frenchpack had a conflict with another mod Navy equipment, i leave here the fix that BlackLibrary gave me and maybe he somehow help someone:

"

In the frenshpack the Common.lua

4. Line: 

dofile('Scripts/Database/Weapons/warheads.lua')

change to:

:dofile(current_mod_path.."/Scripts/Database/Weapons/warheads.lua")

that should do the trick

one of my testers find this error

Edited May 14 by BlackLibrary"

Cheers,

F.

Hi fagulha,

I tried the fix but unfortunately it doesn't work for me...

• Like 1

Fixed version is under upload now 🙂

DOn't try to fix on your side, it's far more complex than 1-2 tweaks. 

They changed the way automatic reloadable guns are coded. I had to use a less efficient method, though everything is tested and working now here. You will get the link for V4.5 this friday. 

I would gladly like to hear again about this "modders guide" that was promised... As everything got encrypted it is obvious for me taht FrenchPack may die if something else like this is hit and I don't have any datas. 

To note : I removed PT-76 and Mephisto since they are now redundant and HOT missile code always was a source of issues on my side. 

Nicolas

Edited by dimitriov
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 8

• dimitriov changed the title to FRENCHPACK V4.5

Merci Nicolas ! 

EDIT : Quand tu dis

- Created optics for AMX-10RCR, VBCI, VBAE, AMX-13. Contrarily to before, they do not replace already existing ones. 

Cà concerne aussi le Leclerc ? (Je ne vois plus le répertoire séparé pour l'optique dans l'archive  ... ) 

Edited by Meliok

9 hours ago, chrisram said:

Bonjour

J'ai installé le pack. Je vois tous les blindés sauf le VBCI

J'ai  raté quelque chose ?

Pour le VBCI je confirme également, en tout cas très beau pack 😉

Edited by Shogoun

On 5/21/2021 at 2:40 AM, dimitriov said:

Fixed version is under upload now 🙂

DOn't try to fix on your side, it's far more complex than 1-2 tweaks. 

They changed the way automatic reloadable guns are coded. I had to use a less efficient method, though everything is tested and working now here. You will get the link for V4.5 this friday. 

I would gladly like to hear again about this "modders guide" that was promised... As everything got encrypted it is obvious for me taht FrenchPack may die if something else like this is hit and I don't have any datas. 

To note : I removed PT-76 and Mephisto since they are now redundant and HOT missile code always was a source of issues on my side. 

Nicolas

Too sad reading that.

After the encrypted debacle i remember Nineline and Bignewy repeating that it will not affect the modders and they will support them, yet here we are...

Dimitrov my sincere thanks for giving this mod to the community, and for the quick fix 🤘

14 hours ago, Renko said:

After the encrypted debacle i remember Nineline and Bignewy repeating that it will not affect the modders and they will support them, yet here we are...

But 2.7 is beta and by that more or less developer branch ... I would hope that things will be documented in stable.