FRENCHPACK V4.9.1 Update on 27/04/2022

I've noticed that the AT-14 launcher is missing a texture file. It's supposed to also use "tex_0002_2", which is not provided in the mod. Based on what the unit looks like, I'm guessing this is the specular texture.

[EDIT] I've been trying to get it to use the existing AT-14 missile in the game, but it's stymed by the fact that the GUN_POINT connector is angled up, causing the missing to fly outside the guidance cone and go stupid.

As an aside, is there a reason why the Leclerc XXI and the Toyota technicals have a separate unit for each colour, rather than using liveries for that job? I've successfully edited the files so that the desert camo is a livery for the Leclerc, and the Toyota trucks get all three skins with just one unit entry.

Edited by Xeno426

• 3 weeks later...

Hello "dimitriov"
The day after the 30th anniversary of Operation DAGUET, would it be possible to have VABs, AMX30s, AMX10s, 120 mortars, etc., sand camouflage colors with the identification sign " /\" typical to this operation ?

4sy6.jpg

dkhm.jpg

q7on.jpg

a0r0.jpg

7unt.jpg

Thanks in advance,
and thank you again for this great Addon

Edited by Pappy2
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

The Frenchpack is such an amazing addition to DCS!👍👍👍

Thanks so much for your hard work on it and sharing it with the community.

• Like 2

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Salut Dimitriov ! 

Question, pour la prochaine update du Frenchpack, est-ce que le Leclerc en camo sable aura une livrée sans le motif spécial Dimitriov, tu sais la tête de "Diable ?" sur le front de la caisse du MBT. 

En tout cas, c'est génial d'avoir fait l'infanterie. C'est vraiment le truc qui manquait 😉

Edited by GUSTO LEADER

23 hours ago, GUSTO LEADER said:

Salut Dimitriov ! 

Question, pour la prochaine update du Frenchpack, est-ce que le Leclerc en camo sable aura une livrée sans le motif spécial Dimitriov, tu sais la tête de "Diable ?" sur le front de la caisse du MBT. 

En tout cas, c'est génial d'avoir fait l'infanterie. C'est vraiment le truc qui manquait 😉

Je vais voir ce que je peux faire. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

i think this one may be welcome too 🙂

Ingame using the Frenchpack script which is provided with the pack, you'll be able to

- Deploy your tactical group with Leclerc platoon, recon,log, SAM and artillery.

- Give them orders directly with radio menus, with automated recon, sitreps and all. 

- Request CAS or SEAD missions. 

- Get automated artillery support, same goes for opposing Ai btw. It'll even ask for arty  support if an helo is spotted hovering very low for some time. Very fun surprise 🙂 (Deactivable ingame)

- ENI Armor will face the enemy or conduct random maneuvers to get more dynamic engagements. (Deactivable ingame)

- Request artillery support in one single click (Same goes for other supports)

- Deploy this little boy for recon purpose. (Once I'm done coding it lol)

Many other things........ Which will be explained in the manual. Basically if i may dare this is what Combined Arms should allow right at the beginning 🙂

Edited by dimitriov
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3

WOW!

Great work!

Waiting impatiently....😁

• Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 1 month later...
Am 11.11.2022 um 12:47 schrieb dimitriov:

Je vais voir ce que je peux faire. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

i think this one may be welcome too 🙂

Ingame using the Frenchpack script which is provided with the pack, you'll be able to

- Deploy your tactical group with Leclerc platoon, recon,log, SAM and artillery.

- Give them orders directly with radio menus, with automated recon, sitreps and all. 

- Request CAS or SEAD missions. 

- Get automated artillery support, same goes for opposing Ai btw. It'll even ask for arty  support if an helo is spotted hovering very low for some time. Very fun surprise 🙂 (Deactivable ingame)

- ENI Armor will face the enemy or conduct random maneuvers to get more dynamic engagements. (Deactivable ingame)

- Request artillery support in one single click (Same goes for other supports)

- Deploy this little boy for recon purpose. (Once I'm done coding it lol)

Many other things........ Which will be explained in the manual. Basically if i may dare this is what Combined Arms should allow right at the beginning 🙂

Wow! That‘s awesome features! And the Drone is really cool👍

yes, this is some kind Combined Arms 2…..👍

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

For the release I'm permanently improving small stuff and therefore I never want to release it aha

I think around christmas would be a nice moment. 

I'm working on this on my side so once it's over i will probably release it 🙂

Real tankist may like it, it'll bring back some memories😉

received_680961686956242.jpeg

received_857826938784290.jpeg

received_680091130415100.jpeg

For those of you who don't have any real weaponry culture ;), this is a tank rudder. The kind of system which is used to drive a tank turret. The sole difference mechanically whith a real one is the left grip which is used as an accelerator grip, like a motocycle.

Edited by dimitriov
  • Like 8

Ok so the to do list for the upcoming 5.0 "Cold War" update

- AMX-30B2
- AMX-30B2 "Daguet"
- AMX-30B2 BRENNUS
- AMX-30 AUF1
- AMX-30 Roland
- AMX-10P
- AMX-13 DCA
- AML-90

- Crotale NG as a bonus

Those are the only vehicles I'm both motivated to add and for which I have enough datas. Sorry for the Caesar, the AUF-1 will do the job. Though one wants it he can provide me accurate blueprints and photographies. 

5.0 will be released by the beginning of january. 

Edited by dimitriov
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Hi thank you but it's not worth it. Proportions are manifestly off on this model. 

I use several types of blueprints, some are factory plans, others are literally 3D models made by photogrammetry. The Caesar is like the Jaguar or Griffon, there is nothing like this available even with my contacts and therefore I would have to work inaccurately. And if many people will say they don't really care, I don't spend 20 h of modeling a vehicle if I'm to be inaccurate ^^

if I'm okay to make the above list, it's because I have been provided with photogrammetry work by people I know which can be used as a very accurate blueprint, and I have several thousands photographs. 

Edited by dimitriov
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, dimitriov said:

Hi thank you but it's not worth it. Proportions are manifestly off on this model. 

I use several types of blueprints, some are factory plans, others are literally 3D models made by photogrammetry. The Caesar is like the Jaguar or Griffon, there is nothing like this available even with my contacts and therefore I would have to work inaccurately. And if many people will say they don't really care, I don't spend 20 h of modeling a vehicle if I'm to be inaccurate ^^

if I'm okay to make the above list, it's because I have been provided with photogrammetry work by people I know which can be used as a very accurate blueprint, and I have several thousands photographs. 

Hi Dimitriov, OK, I get your point, and I agree that very accurate models and blueprints are required, of course. 😉 Thanks for all your Mods and for the fantastic work you are doing and sharing with all of us 👏

• Like 2

I really like a lot of the models in your mod pack. Would it be possible to release the new update with an option for each model to be its own independent mod? The whole pack is quite large and I find I don't use all of the items on my increasingly full hard drive.