Incorrect native language and JTAC calls abbreviated

Helo739

I created a fast mission in DCS 2.5 stable using the A-10C. I set myself up as being a member of the Blue coalition (USA). On my main settings screen I have English selected as the native language.

Once I entered the mission and contacted JTAC, all the JTAC transmissions were truncated, so no usable information was obtained. For example, when I first contacted JTAC, the entirety of the response was "Advise when ready to copy." In addition, my calls to JTAC were all in some other language, which I assumed to be Russian, but don't know for sure. Thinking that I made a mistake in setting up the mission, I exited out, rechecked my language selection from the main settings screen, then started another fast mission. Results were the same so the fast missions are unusable.

The voice over language depends on the country your flying for. If you're flying for Russia (and some other eastern countries), it's in russian language, if you're flying for western countries it is in english, if you're flying for China it's in chinese.

The language you have selected in the settings just applies to the subtitles, which you need to enable, if you haven't done so already.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Can you share the mission, so we can take a look at the setup?

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Just created one under "Create Fast Mission" with a JTAC on VHF FM Radio Two.

Works well so far. Contacting JTAC ok, but reply was just " No further tasking available, good job, you may depart"

Strange, but no other bug showed up.

btw. no chance to save the mission, only track is possible.

Edited by ex81

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

I also just tried this and got "No further tasking available" from all JTACs, but at least they responded in English. 😉

There are several ways to save such a Fast Mission.

During the creation phase, it can be done by selecting the Advanced Mode, and after generating the mission hitting Edit. This leads straight to the Mission Editor, where the File menu can be used to save the mission before flying it.

Another way is to fly the mission straight from the "Create Fast Mission" menu, and then in the debriefing screen hitting Save Track. DCS tracks always include the mission, and the track has the added benefit that we can see what happened during the mission.

Thanks for the input everyone. Just want to clarify that the language problem was not with JTAC. It was with "me" when contacting JTAC. THAT transmission was not in English. the problem I had with JTAC was all the calls from him were truncated, so the required information to prosecute an attack was not part of the message. I was only getting the very tail end of the calls.

In any event, I uninstalled DCS and am in the process of reinstalling it, so once that's all squared away, I will try it again and save the track, now that I know how to do it. Again, thanks for all the input, and I will post again once DCS is up and running.

Ok, I was able to reinstall DCS World and all the modules. I created a fast mission and PRESTO! Everything was normal EXCEPT: In the mission briefing screen, at the very bottom where the airplane group and airfield are listed; my flight was listed as Alfa #078 instead of the usual A-10C. Looks like reinstalling fixed the other problem. Thanks again everyone.

• Like 1