Gunfighter Pro center calibration slowly drifts problem

jasonstory44

Anyone have a solution or have you seen the following problem?

I have a gunfighter pro base with the 9 inch extension and TM warthog stick. 

I keep having the problem where the center in my y axis keeps slowly drifting off over the course of a flight. X axis seems fine. 

Center stick, recalibrate and again it slowly drifts off and changes. Makes AA refueling nearly impossible at least for me and I’ve had to use a bigger dead space than I’d like. 

ive tried playing with the dampers and just can’t seem to get it correct. 

if I use the joystick tester program after centering and calibration it works properly and then after a few deflections of the stick the return to center has changed. 

any help would be appreciated. 

cheers and happy new year, Jason

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

Titan RTX overclocked and water cooled

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

TM Warthog Stick and throttle

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

Buttkicker LFE, SimShaker, Jetseat.

All DCS modules

Don't have a VKB but the first thing that comes to mind is that somehow the hall sensor of the Y-axis has become lose.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Is that a fixable issue?  Or is that a game over problem?

Win 10 Pro, Intel i9 9900k overclocked to 5.1 (water cooled), 64 gb Corsair Dominator platinum RAM (3444 MHz)

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules

9 hours ago, jasonstory44 said:

Is that a fixable issue?  Or is that a game over problem?

In case of VKB everything can be fixed (seriously!). The magnets on the axes that are used in the sensors are glues to the shafts (threaded pins) of the axis bearings. In extremely rare cases (especially with an extension/ heavy grip/ strong springs) one of the shafts can get loose so that the shaft + magnet start rotating, hence the calibration shift.

You'll need to take the gimbal mechanism out of the body, remove a Y-sensor (2 screws) and tighten the nut that holds the Y-axis shaft in place. Here is the photo; I don't have a Gunfighter, this is a previous VKB gimbal, but it's very similar (just the dampers are missing). The nut that you need to tighten is marked with an arrow.

1609569049607.jpg

Edited by Sergey_Pe

Awesome guys. Thank you

1.1 TB SSD 2 TB M.2 SSD

MFG Crosswinds

Reverb VR

All DCS modules