Happy New Year!. So, i dont fly anton, but i fight a lot against those, and i think they need a big DM tweak, its so hard to beat, several times me and my squadron buddies (we fly spits on SoW Server) spent all the ammo just in one Anton, we take turns shooting him, then with a lot of visible damage they start to flutter like butterflies, and they manage to fly for a long time including climbing so well that some time they escape, or it gives time for some enemies to reach us and catch us already without ammunition. So lately if we see an anton we let him go and much more if it is an AI. I don't usually complain about these things but it happens very often already, I know of many who are only grabbing it for that "super mega" resistance, historically I know it was hard but this is not normal the number of shots they can receive 😱

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

This chap and myself had a head-on collision today (I was in a Mustang that fell to pieces immediately) and he was able to fly all the way home, from Caen to Lessay, with most of his wing missing.  It was streaming something for a while but that stopped, probably after that particular fuel tank ran dry.  Anyway, as you'll see from the text on the right he was able to type and fly at the same time.  Not a care in the world.  The confidence having an indestructible plane must give you 🙄

One Wing Wonder.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, iFoxRomeo said:

I'm not saying everything is perfect,

but just because people think it shouldn't, doesn't mean it shouldn't. 

Fox

Cool photo.  Thanks. I guess I was just unlucky that my plane blew-up in a head-on collision like it was made of polystyrene when colliding with his wing-tip.

I had a few head on collisions.

The last one when flying the Anton ripped my Anton's complete right wing off. No chance to control anything.

Last time when flying a Mustang and colliding with a Kurfürst lead to an explosion of the adversary, I lost only an aileron and my engine stuttered and fought for five more minutes but then failed on short final.

At my last Kurfürst collision I exploded in a big fireball. 

• Thanks 1
Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

I don't know a game that handle well the colilsion at the moment.
You can either get fully destoryed or end up unharmed while the other go down or stay in flight like nothing happened.

It's just luck or bad luck.

But DCS seems to not fully work when it come to FM modification due to damage. Some plane can still fly really well with heavy damage or big part missing. Or either become unflyable after few damage. But as visual don't match the actual state of the plane in some (many?) case, it's hard to tell.

I feel in many case too easy to fly a plane with big part missing. But compared to before the damage model, it's far better on this point.

Moreover I don't know if anyone can confirm it's still the case. But I asked at the DM release if it would have influence on collision and the answer I get was no. The DM was only "gun damage related". So I imagine there is still much to do on this. But seems it can happen with every plane for the moment.

• 1 month later...
On 7/27/2021 at 5:30 PM, NineLine said:

Collisions were really not something adjusted much with the new DM, it was more about combat damage, so especially in MP you can get some odd results sometimes with collisions.

Is it planned for future updates to also adjust collisions with new DM?

• Like 1

P8Z68 | 2500k @ 4.5 | GTX 1080Ti | 2x8 GB @ 1600 | TM Hog (extended 7cm) & MFG Crosswind (S/N 007) | TIR v5

WWII bomber formations | DCS P-51D: [TEST] TO distance / gross weight / temperature

• ED Team
On 7/26/2021 at 8:41 AM, JupiterJoe said:

Cool photo.  Thanks. I guess I was just unlucky that my plane blew-up in a head-on collision like it was made of polystyrene when colliding with his wing-tip.

Because of the nature of Multiplayer, you could have seen the collision one way, and on his end it could have looked another, this is why you might see things like this from time to time, where both planes probably should have ended up in a fire ball. 

• Like 2

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

• 3 months later...
On 7/27/2021 at 1:04 PM, JG13Wulf said:

But DCS seems to not fully work when it come to FM modification due to damage. Some plane can still fly really well with heavy damage or big part missing. Or either become unflyable after few damage. But as visual don't match the actual state of the plane in some (many?) case, it's hard to tell.

Here is the probe that bears out that FM and DM (at least the visual DM part, also the physics- it's my guess-) are weirdly linked, otherwise you can't logically explain why an A8 heavily damaged, with one wheel out  has an almost zero aerodynamic penalty, be faster than a fresh Mustang with 35% fuel load, also do a tight 360 like a rock ( rock is not equivalent as brick, it means with no apparent inestavility in its hard turn). Should be remarkable if in the Me 109 K-4 could be also checked out by the team cause it has a similar issue, also with one wheel out due combat damage. 

Note: if you got any visual issue to differenciate the Anton from the deck background is due the P-51 glass visual layer, also reported as a "bug" several time ago. it's not due YT video quality.

• Like 1

A simple Human being's Passion

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

56 minutes ago, NineLine said:

There are some issues already reported with the 190s and 109 where heavy damage doesnt seem as impactful to player aircraft right now.

On 1/1/2021 at 10:59 PM, NineLine said:

We still have some tuning to do on the player DM with both 190, how the wings break when heavily damaged, and how the aircraft flies with damage, so its reported and known, just not fixed quite yet. Thanks.

A classic drama.... But We'll always have Paris... won't We? 

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

• ED Team

Eagle Dynamics is a small team, and in relation to that, the WWII part is smaller yet, we will get there, but in general this is a small impact on your experience if you land the bullets in the best places on those aircraft. Also, when posting issues, tracks are a must.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

8 hours ago, NineLine said:

Eagle Dynamics is a small team, and in relation to that, the WWII part is smaller yet

Don't worry about that... I'm an small customer too, but don't misunderstand small with inefficiency about long term already reported issues.

9 hours ago, NineLine said:

but in general this is a small impact on your experience if you land the bullets in the best places on those aircraft

If it were as small impact as you said (this is only your oppinion) I wouldn't have bothered to report it, like the rest of the users/customers that had reported before me. And basically what you've said here is that We can discharge all the loading in the opponent's A/C, "visually" leave it as a "pasta strainer", but if no one of our bullets switch the right damage triggering box, for example the "set fuel tank in flames" one, it can stay flying with minimal-zero FM penalty.... I think you need to develop your answer cause this is a huge/core concept in a too small sentence....

9 hours ago, NineLine said:

Also, when posting issues, tracks are a must.

Oooops.... sorry... my foult.... I don't want to be who have paralyced the issue fixing process, so here you are the track.... upppps I can't attach it to the post cause it exceed the max 5 MB's. But, do you really think you need SEVERAL tracks +1 for starting fixing long term known issues?... Anyway... whatever you need if it helps you in the process. Even that inconvenience let me know how can I send it to you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]