Rudder authority changed

oldcrusty

Now I'm 100% sure. I started a thread titled 'Pirouette' after the latest OB update related to a sluggish rudder response which made loaded rolls difficult at any speed higher then ~ 210 knots. I can still eke out a pirouette below that but full deflection of rudder doesn't feel anything like before, at any speed between 300 and 160. 

Something changed.

Edited by Gripes323

Of course, 'No change'

Anyways... I actually like the way it handles in UA mode after number of gun fights I've done yesterday.

Also, at high AOA the rudder input produces the same results as the stick input and that's what NFM000 says it should do:

" Enhanced departure resistance allows the pilot to safely command yaw rates up to the yaw rate tone (40°/sec). Above 25° AOA, lateral stick or rudder command the same, well controlled, aircraft rolling response. If opposite stick and pedal are commanded the inputs will essentially cancel each other out and little to no roll response will result."

I didn't think I saw this behavior before the update but... if nobody else noticed this, then I must be imagining thing, hehe.

• Like 1