Mouse issues in VR

markturner1960

Hi, I am having issues with the mouse, often in cockpit, I get the “window is out of focus” when reaching for stuff at the edges, and it’s a bit flaky when clicking on the comm menu options....

is there anything that can be done to reduce this?

thanks

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Make sure that the object you are looking at is close to the center of your field of view(FOV). I get this a lot when I try to turn on the OBOGS in the F-18 when it's in my peripheral vision and I don't look directly at it... pretty much same thing with comms and mouse - the 2 cursors are offset, pay attention to the white dot which for me is always low and to the left, and not the blue crosshairs... 

PC: Intel i7-9700F @3.0GHz; ASUS ROG STRIX RTX2080 08G; 32GB RAM; 250 GB SSD; 500GB NVMe SSD; 1TB HDD

Joystick Base: VKB GFIII

Joystick Grips: VKB MCG Pro

Throttles: VPC MongoosT-50 CM

VR: Oculus Rift S

Hi, yeah, I realise the issue is confined to the edges, but even being aware, it’s very tricky....I was hoping there was something that could be done about it more than having to twist yourself into some awkward position to centre that area in your FOV.......thanks though

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Hi, I am in VR, and the screen does not appear full screen on the monitor........should it ideally? 

Hi, thanks, but ticking the fullscreen option in the GUI does not change this, neither does using ALT/ENTER keyboard command...
cb6734d99902da7f2714f2c3974958cb.jpg
This is how my main monitor displays DCS while running VR. You can see I have checked full screen option in the screenshot.

You need to find DCS.exe, right click, Properties - Compatibility - Disable fullscreen optimizations.

And I leave in-game fullscreen off and just use Alt+Enter to make it fill the screen.

However, this will not solve your issue.  This is game issue and not related to fullscreen.  You just have to be careful and live with it for now until ED addresses it.

Thanks Taz, I had already done that as part of my tweaking and optimizing for VR..... no idea why ALT + Enter does not make it full screen. Bad news about waiting for ED...we all know how long that can take......😐

• 2 weeks later...

MarkTurner -

I contacted ED, they said minimize the Steam window (after hitting "Play" and DCS World starts booting), and then minimize the headset window as well.  That really helped reduce my "windows out of focus" error messages.

I noticed in your picture there is a black "Now Playing" window.  That has caused me the "window out of focus" error...I would recommend minimizing that window.  (And peeking at your monitor in flight to see if that is what is causing your "window out of focus" error.

I also go full screen if I get a random "window is out of focus" error while flying a mission.

Edited by WS
clarity

23 hours ago, WS said:

MarkTurner -

I contacted ED, they said minimize the Steam window (after hitting "Play" and DCS World starts booting), and then minimize the headset window as well.  That really helped reduce my "windows out of focus" error messages.

I noticed in your picture there is a black "Now Playing" window.  That has caused me the "window out of focus" error...I would recommend minimizing that window.  (And peeking at your monitor in flight to see if that is what is causing your "window out of focus" error.

I also go full screen if I get a random "window is out of focus" error while flying a mission.

On 1/1/2021 at 2:53 PM, markturner1960 said:

Hi, I am having issues with the mouse, often in cockpit, I get the “window is out of focus” when reaching for stuff at the edges, and it’s a bit flaky when clicking on the comm menu options....

thanks

On 1/1/2021 at 2:53 PM, markturner1960 said:

thanks

MarkTurner -

Edited Tuesday at 05:27 PM by WS
clarity