Huey slides forward on starup from Arleigh Burke IIa deck

Rolds

The deck of the Arleigh Burke class appears to be sloped towards the bow of the ship somewhat and the huey slides forwards along it. See attached track, during startup the huey eventually gets close enough that the rotor blades hit the ship and eventually the nose of the huey clips inside the ship.

DCS 2.5.6.59625

Huey slides forward on takeoff from ship.trk

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Actually I think this is a general DCS bug, I noticed that on typically almost all boats, the helicopter slowly slides if the boat moves.

I have tested all the american boats, but one boat though (not a carrier and I cannot remember its name), the chopper stands steady with no sliding at all.

I think there is some type of setting, or coding algorithm, involved.

Edit:

File a new bug here.

Edited by Vantskruv

• 2 weeks later...

Today I made a mission about taking off from a Arleigh Burke (part of payware super carrier pack) and land on Handy Windy cargo ship (newly added freeware bulk cargo ship).

While on the landing deck of the destroyer, my uh-1 was always sliding to the wall as always. Then I thought that nothing changed. Then I landed on the handy wind, and voila.. i wasn't sliding..

How come and why this happens?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Honestly, every time I start this game, I spent more time debugging what broke again now, than actually playing the game.

For anyone that want to use the ships heli pads until ED manages to fix this issue in 10 years time:

The sliding only occurs if the ship is moving. Therefore a workaround is to have the ship wait for the player to take off before it starts moving on to the next waypoint.

Likewise you can use a moving zone trigger to disable the ship ai when the player is near it so it comes to a hold independent of any waypoint actions. It is unrealistic and extra work for mission makers, but still better than to wait for ED to fix this years old bug.

Edited by J-man
  • Like 2

I am back with the Huey after a long time and the second day this bug shows up. I am unable to complete a mission that requires to stay on a Tico for 100 seconds because it crashes into the hangars. I even tried pulling back on the collective, not even with that can be avoided.

https://www.youtube.com/live/LGReMQe-5Uk?feature=share&t=840

Looks like the same bug that happened in the carriers with the Hornet on them sliding around. Come on ED, this is a game breaker for landing on ships: the helicopter just keeps creeping around and ends up colliding.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The internal report is still valid, but I was under the impression I could not reproduce the issue yesterday. Your track proved me wrong. Thank you, @Volator. 👍

And now I need to understand why the Huey won't slide in my track...

EDIT: OK I get it, the aircraft won't move if the Arleigh Burke is not moving.

Edited by Flappie
  • Like 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...