Trying to get the new kneeboard to work - need help

sirrah

Could someone please help me

I purchased and activated Voice Attack, Vaicom Pro and the new Vaicom kneeboard function.

Being very unfamiliar with Voice Attack and Vaicom I did my best to get all settings right and started up DCS to give it a try.

Guess what, I must have done something right, because pretty much everything works!! :clap:

One last thing I need to get fixed:

In game, I can see the new kneeboard, with all its tabs. Watching the tutorial video by @Hollywood_315, I saw him say: "kneeboard" and the thing popped up. Well, somehow that doesn't work here (I tested it in the Vaicom editor and it does recognize me say "kneeboard", so it isn't my presumably Dutch accent)

When watching the tutorial video a 2nd time, I saw I had to click the Finish button after validating my Vaicom Kneeboard purchase. So when I do this, I get this message prompt (see screenshot).

Can anyone please tell me step by step what I need to do here? Because, being just a simple soul, this is just higher match to me

2021_01_02_16_32_32_Window.jpg

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Short answer: Do exactly what it says in the pop up. Longer answer: There is more detail about the Finish step in the manual.  In the current version it is on page 36. (Aside: Various places in the manual tell you to look for it on the wrong page.) 

Detailed answer: In your case you do not have "multipart commands" consolidated in your profile and instead are displaying each keyword as a separate line. So in the profile screen (right side of your screenshot) you first need to click the icon just to the right of the "Import Commands" box in the lower left corner. It currently appears as three horizontal lines each preceded by a dot. This will change the icon to just one line preceded by a dot, and will cause all of the "AI Communications" multipart command parts (each is a single keyword) to appear in one line rather than as separate lines. Then do the things in the popup. That is, double-click on the "AI Communications" command to open it. (It's the line directly below "Keyword Collections" that has a long list of keywords.) Within this command, highlight and delete everything on the "when I say" line, and then paste in the contents of clipboard, which will hold the new keyword list. Finally, click OK to save the new version of that command, and then "Done" to save the changes to your profile. 

• Thanks 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

2 hours ago, sthompson said:

Short answer: Do exactly what it says in the pop up. Longer answer: There is more detail about the Finish step in the manual.  In the current version it is on page 36. (Aside: Various places in the manual tell you to look for it on the wrong page.) 

Detailed answer: In your case you do not have "multipart commands" consolidated in your profile and instead are displaying each keyword as a separate line. So in the profile screen (right side of your screenshot) you first need to click the icon just to the right of the "Import Commands" box in the lower left corner. It currently appears as three horizontal lines each preceded by a dot. This will change the icon to just one line preceded by a dot, and will cause all of the "AI Communications" multipart command parts (each is a single keyword) to appear in one line rather than as separate lines. Then do the things in the popup. That is, double-click on the "AI Communications" command to open it. (It's the line directly below "Keyword Collections" that has a long list of keywords.) Within this command, highlight and delete everything on the "when I say" line, and then paste in the contents of clipboard, which will hold the new keyword list. Finally, click OK to save the new version of that command, and then "Done" to save the changes to your profile. 

Thanks mate!

That helped me 🙂 

With the limited playtime I have available, I have to find a balance in reading all the manuals and just try and see if things work yet. Well, everything seems to work great now! This truly offers a whole new dimension to DCS!

(one small addition, for those like me who are also new to this; in order to browse through the different Vaicom kneeboard pages using voice commands, you need to tag the "auto browse" tick box in the Vaicom EX menu. Took me a while to find out about that one)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 7 months later...

Thanks.

On 4/20/2021 at 11:34 AM, hornblower793 said:

That is because those do not need separate downloads - once you have registered the licences in the Vaicom config their functionality will become available to you

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

what is the VIACOM EX menu and where do I find it ?

55 minutes ago, Johnezq said:

Thanks.

On 1/2/2021 at 9:21 PM, sirrah said:

Thanks mate!

That helped me 🙂 

With the limited playtime I have available, I have to find a balance in reading all the manuals and just try and see if things work yet. Well, everything seems to work great now! This truly offers a whole new dimension to DCS!

(one small addition, for those like me who are also new to this; in order to browse through the different Vaicom kneeboard pages using voice commands, you need to tag the "auto browse" tick box in the Vaicom EX menu. Took me a while to find out about that one)

On 1/2/2021 at 9:21 PM, sirrah said:

Thanks mate!

That helped me 🙂 

Thanks Sirrah scrub previous question fond it. It works fine now thanks again but these things should be provided by Viacom pro people its there product and for PC trogs like myself there should be a step by step guide. in terms that an idiot like myself can understand.

The information above is not quite correct - you do not need the 'Auto browse' feature for it to work. Auto browse allows you to switch tabs without just by saying the name of the tab, but also means that if you are elsewhere in the Kneeboard (e.g. on an airfield layout) it will switch back to the Vaicom tabs whenever a message comes in.

Without auto browse on you have to say <tab>.....page (e.g. Texaco....page, air traffic....page) to bring the relevant tab up.

You can use callsigns for the relevant tab - REF works with Chief as a page name (REF = Refueling)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal