[CHK] MFCD Day/Night Switch and BRT/CNT buttons have no effect on TV_Render viewports.

J20Stronk

The MFD DAY/NIGHT and BRT/CNT switches do not affect any TV_Render viewports, ie the TGP, TVIR, MIL and DMAP renders.

When flipped to NIGHT mode, all of these screen renders retain the same level of brightness as they would during the daytime, which makes these screens extremely overexposed and very hard to see at night especially the DMAP on the HSD.

The POD, TVIR and MIL renders are also not affected by the BRT/CNT buttons and they along with the DMAP do not have the screen glow effect when displayed.

I confirm this.

Also when the POD etc. are displayed, the texture of display itself so to speak, isnt overlayed on it. Which makes the screen able to show pitch black color in POD page, while showing "less black" when you turn the screen off.

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

• uboats changed the title to [CHK] MFCD Day/Night Switch and BRT/CNT buttons have no effect on TV_Render viewports.

Some images to show what I mean:

DMAP:

vhul0X8.png

sJzqEoN.png

POD/TVIR/MIL Seeker:

XRCE6mf.png

Something I forgot to mention in my OP, some symbology and and text, for example the POD or RDR page are also no affected by the DAY/NIGHT switch; they will remain at the same brightness as in DAY mode:

w3WFaos.png

6qcqpJw.png

Edited by J20Stronk

24 minutes ago, J20Stronk said:

Are these being worked on, or is it at least planned to improve the render of these screens later in the year?

in pipeline

btw, for your cockpit mod, what did you do to reduce the symbol glow during night?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

18 minutes ago, uboats said:

in pipeline

btw, for your cockpit mod, what did you do to reduce the symbol glow during night?

Thank you for addressing the issue!

As far as the reduced symbology glow during night mode, all I did was reduce the color_night values in the MFCD_init_COMMON.lua file from 1/2 of the day value to 1/5 of the day value.

ie.

Color_green_day = {0, 1, 0}

Color_green_night = {0, 0.5, 0}

to

Color_green_day = {0, 1, 0}

Color_green_night = {0, 0.2, 0}

I tried to keep the white color of the AA RDR symbology, but I didn't since the symbology wouldn't dim when I set it to night mode had I kept it white.

You can see that issue in the last screenshot; only green, red and yellow materials dim when set to night. Some materials like White, Blue, Blue_L and others do not.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

should be left for wmd7 c701, others (dmap, ag radar) are fixed

will check for Feb update

Edited by uboats
  • Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• 2 months later...

hi. what's the status of these issues? I use no mods and in the current OB version the MFD issues at night for viewport exports still seem to persist. no matter if tgp-pod, HSD etc.

the exported mfd's are way too dark at night.

Edited by osram

On 4/14/2022 at 3:34 AM, osram said:

hi. what's the status of these issues? I use no mods and in the current OB version the MFD issues at night for viewport exports still seem to persist. no matter if tgp-pod, HSD etc.

the exported mfd's are way too dark at night.

will check with ED

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]