Display L&S of flight members

LastRifleRound

During this free period I've been able to try out the Viper. I've found it much easier to maintain SA in a BVR engagement in the viper mainly because the Viper MIDS shows which targets flight members (as well as other Link-16 fighters) have 'bugged' (basically the Viper version of an L&S target).

Does the Hornet have a similar feature for its D/L that just isn't implemented yet, or is this something it just doesn't have in real life? Flying with AI wingmates is a real pain in engagements because they follow no logical sorting, so being able to see who they're targeting is a great way to efficiently use missiles. In MP, it helps me see sorting errors and adjust on the fly.

Wags said the legacy hornet doesn't have this feature.

Surely the coming soon tag generates a lot of doubts.

Maybe the mod who tagged it didn't take the time to read the OP and thought he meant the TXDSG button.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

17 hours ago, BarTzi said:

It was confirmed by Wags some time ago that it's not a feature of the Hornet. There might be a mix up with TXDSG, which should apply to A/G targets.

Damn!  everytime I think I'm going to concentrate on the Hornet and not bother with the Viper - something like this comes along.  I'm surprised that's not a Hornet thing.  It's a basic capability that I thought was inherent in all Link-16 FTF data sharing.

Makes me even more excited to get my hands on Razbam's F-15E Strike Eagle, as that (lock lines, wingman targeting, etc) is also a basic feature of the Strike Eagle's Link-16 display.  The Mudhen will definitely be the best of both worlds between the Viper and the Hornet.  

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

We're all making assumptions. It is possible the person who tagged this post DID read and understand it. Last year the ability to slew designation in the HUD in all modes, and TPOD PTRK designation following targets were also 'confirmed' not features of the legacy Hornet. It is possible that, like those items, new information has been presented that suggests that this was, in fact, a feature of the legacy hornet.

Edited by LastRifleRound
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, NineLine said:

There is am instructional video coming soon. That should help you guys out. Thanks!

Could that be the one about TXDSG??  😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Edited by Joni

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5