WWII Allied Aircraft

Hawkeye60

WWII Allied Aircraft

Here is where I will post all the allied aircraft mods.

First up.

The Fairey Gannet

She is ai only

This aircraft model is the work of, and comes with permission from,

Author : BARANGER Emmanuel (helijah)

BARANGER Emmanuel

http://helijah.free.fr

http://embaranger.free.fr

I thank him!

The RAN Livery, and the RN livery

Are the work of crazyeddie.

I thank him for his outstanding work.

Cheers Mate!

All other work, and errors are my own.

She comes with custom Depth charges!

They are currently configured as bombs.

I find no appropriate code in sim.

That may change.

I was fun bringing this unusual and iconic aircraft to the DCS skies!

I hope you enjoy it!

(Please note, there is a static, folded wing deck version included, but not yet activated. Coming soon.

Feel free to create a mod to  use it. Pic below)

Next, we present,

The WWII French Airforce

On display,

Latécoère 290 Torpedo Bomber

Potez 25 Bomber

Potez 630 Bomber

Dewoitine D-520

and finally,

Morane-Saulnier M-S 406

All are ai only for use in mission creation and enhancement.

I hope you enjoy them

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mi4esboqmqgpn4f/ai- Latécoère 290 Torpedo Bomber.rar?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0rs9t5efffh91yw/ai-Potez 25 Bomber.rar?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3terl24y5vcv4qh/ai-Potez 630 Bomber.rar?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tvyvtk7h2ot92tc/WW II French Aircraft Pack.rar?dl=0

france-aircraft.jpg

france-aircraft2.jpg

france-aircraft51.jpg

france-aircraft6.jpg

Up-date 1/22/2021

Small position up-date to center the aircraft in 3d space,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lu2q44ohnpe3wi9/fairey_gannet_edm.rar?dl=0

With thanks to Joey45 for the heads up!

With compliments of the author, BARANGER Emmanuel,

Herein find a large livery collection for your enjoyment!

He wishes you all a good flight  and is trilled his aircraft live in the Skies of DCS world!

I thank him!

Merci!

Replace the livery folder with this one.

You must make a copy and re-name it to the static version for it to work on on that mod.

So two folders are needed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/23q1w2iltlc3t0v/Fairey_Gannet.rar?dl=0

A Small sample,

nullgannet3.jpg

gannet2.jpg

gannet1.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vc3mywfes74k8he/Fairey Gannet V1.2.rar?dl=0

Fairey-Gannet-static.jpg

ganneta.jpg

gannet.jpg

Weapon on board!

mine-on-board.jpg

On the way.......

on-the-way.jpg

I think we got him!

direct-hit.jpg

gannet-ran.jpg

Have fun!

New addition!

This model is also from helijah

I thank him!

Presenting,

The Curtiss P-40 Warhawk

The Curtiss P-40 Warhawk is an American single-engined, single-seat, all-metal fighter and ground-attack aircraft that first flew in 1938. The P-40 design was a modification of the previous Curtiss P-36 Hawk which reduced development time and enabled a rapid entry into production and operational service. The Warhawk was used by most Allied powers during World War II, and remained in frontline service until the end of the war. It was the third most-produced American fighter of World War II, after the P-51 and P-47; by November 1944, when production of the P-40 ceased, 13,738 had been built,[3] all at Curtiss-Wright Corporation's main production facilities at Buffalo, New York.

She comes with Ten liveries, all from helijah

I made This one is because My "Other" P-40 from THAT company got cancelled.......🙁

It may not be as nice or as detailed. Or Flyable.

But she is a beauty!

I so hope you enjoy her!

Have Fun!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/debc0u3mty6othq/Curtiss P-40 Warhawk V1.0.zip?dl=0

Curtiss-P-40-Warhawk-5.jpg

Curtiss-P-40-Warhawk-6.jpg

Curtiss-P-40-Warhawk-3.jpg

Curtiss-P-40-Warhawk-7.jpg

image.jpeg

Edited by Hawkeye60
  • Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Can't download it says network error

I just tried it.

It does work.

Try the link again.

Remember these at RNAS Condor (Arbroath Scotland) at the annual airshow in the 50's-60's it would demonstrate the double mamba engine off, one prop normal the other feathered, probably would be banned now. Big beastie. THANK YOU

You are welcome!

Up-dates are planned for this mod.

Stay tuned......

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

First post up-dated!

Very nice livery pack for the Gannet!

Enjoy!

Compliments of the author.

Thanks a lot, Gregory ... it looks really nice, will try it on the Melbourne 👍

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

First post up-dated

The Curtiss P-40 Warhawk has arrived!

Nice aircrafts 👍 ... however the tittle of this thread is a bit off, as the Gannet was actually a Cold War aircraft, rather than a WW2 one ... but that's just nitpicking, I love having more aircrafts to enhance mission variety, even if I use them only as AI aircrafts. 

Unfortunately, something is not working, as the Gannet is not able to launch from a carrier, I tried it with both the Stennis and the Melbourne (Bungo's Mod) and it refuses to latch onto the Catapult, it just taxies forever. For now I can use the static version as background aircraft, but it seems to not be able to fold its wings which limits its use as it takes up more space:

FCQ978h.jpg

KVYcWY4.jpg

Best regards,

Eduardo

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

First Post up-dated!

The Free France Air Force Has arrived!

• Like 1

Thanks a lot, Gregory, I will try them tonight ... looking forward particularly to the french bombers 🙂

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, navyBtown said:

So after installing the aircraft in my mods file, my current DCS open beta would not launch not until I removed the files.

Can’t be sure without looking at your dcs.log, but most likely you placed the mod within the program’s files instead of at /saved games/

21 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Can’t be sure without looking at your dcs.log, but most likely you placed the mod within the program’s files instead of at /saved games/

Yeah not sure how to get that log for you, I can tell you instead the mod just like I have with all the other. User/ Saved Games/ DCS.openbeta/ Mods/ aircraft/ Fairey Gannet

Error  has been noted.

Fix in progress.

Thanks for the heads up @navyBtown

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi Hawkeye,

sorry to necro the thread, just installed the Gannet (V1.2) but I'm having a similar issue to that described by navyBtown above.

Installed at : \Users\Saved Games\DCS\Mods, but can't launch unless I remove the Gannet from the mod folder.

Would be a nice to have as as a deck static on the Melbourne and Hermes.

• 1 month later...

I have a new version coming soon!

Stay tuned!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1