So TMS UP fails to lock up Mav H at any range

DmitriKozlowsky

I am having general TMS issues. So TMS UP fails to lock up Mav H at any range. According to https://steamcommunity.com/app/223750/discussions/3/1631916887505180218/    , I am not on Steam but its still DCS, TMS UP is target designation. But no lockup occurs. Short holds, long holds. I don't get it quite yet.

Edited by DmitriKozlowsky

I can't lock up even D on a tank. 

Posting is not needed right now. I am probably missing a step. But really! Problem locking up a target in MavD. Something that is almost automatic in A-10C & CII.

Master Mode: A-G

Master Arm On

RMFD: A-G Bore RDY 2AG65D

LMFD to WPN 

Slew MavD to hot tank. TMS UP quick

No lock. Nothing. Solid cross just slowly passes over target without lock

Try again. This time TMS UP long press. 1/2 length cross passes over target. No Lock

Try again. Re-center Mav seeker. Slew over target TMS UP quick press. No lock!

No feedback, no error. Clueless as to what is going on.

Switch to VIS mode on A-G page for AGM-65D. 

I loose the caret and recentering does not bring caret back to HUD. I see that seeker is trying to do something, but no clue as to what. Since it is not on HUD, and slewing it every which does not bring into HUD, I have no clue where to look for it. Though it may auto-slew to waypoint, as it should in pre-planned mode. 

My guess, I am getting confused and misled when to quick press TMS UP when to long press TMS UP. Quick press on TMS DOWN re-boresights Mac when in BORE mode.

But it bothers me that a solid cross in BORE mode, would float over a hot A-G target without locking up.

After 10 minutes of futility. I cursed everything and everybody and exited mission.

Use DMS aft short to switch SOI between the left and right MFD. The WPN page should be selected, indicated by a white box around it.

TMS up short will ground stabilize the seeker first. A second press will lock the target if possible. Locking range is limited to about 8 miles and you'll most likely need to be in narrow FOV.

5 minutes ago, fudabidu said:

Use DMS aft short to switch SOI between the left and right MFD. The WPN page should be selected, indicated by a white box around it.

TMS up short will ground stabilize the seeker first. A second press will lock the target if possible. Locking range is limited to about 8 miles and you'll most likely need to be in narrow FOV.

Thank you. But no joy. No lock.

Followed your procedure. As before. crosshairs just float over target, no lock. 

What is the Mav mode you are using. VIS or BORE. I tried both. Maybe its my technique, I dunno.

I am way closer then 8 nm. At 8 nm on MavD IR WPN view on LMFD, the hot tgt is barely a pixel on my screen (2560X1440). But even at 2nm, with narrow FOV, tank clearly outlined, D crosshair does not lock. With H daylight, I get nothing. Not even large high contrast bridges are locked. Tried it with K. No lock, on bridge or building corner. Probably my technique, but this sucks.

Not sure either mode works as it should, but I got VIS to work 100% reliably:

1. DMS up to make HUD SOI
  2. slew targeting box towards targets
  3. TMS up to ground stabilize
    - SOI will change to the WPN page automatically!
  4. refine aim and zoom as needed
  5. TMS up to lock a target

If you start on the WPN page instead of the HUD it just won't work properly. Boresighting the Mavericks made zero difference.

BORE only works from the WPN page and there is no way to ground stabilize. Your best bet is slewing down, aim by maneuvering the aircraft and hit TMS up at the exact right moment. You'd need to be VERY precise, so you might want to stick to VIS for any long range shots.

Looks like we are trying to achieve some functionality on unfinished product...

Apart from A2A capability and some Harm modes, Viper is naked like Adam and Eve 🙂

I will stay with Hog until Viper gets out from alpha stage (if).

Edited by =Pedro=
sdf

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

I am also finding that I am not able to handoff in auto mode.  Anyone else having issues with this as the seeker on the mav screen just doesn't go to the location of the TGP

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

3 hours ago, Raz_Specter said:

I am also finding that I am not able to handoff in auto mode.  Anyone else having issues with this as the seeker on the mav screen just doesn't go to the location of the TGP

You're talking about the PRE delivery mode. This thread is about VIS and BORE.
Please do a search for "maverick TGP boresight" on google. The updated procedure has been discussed virtually everywhere since it was introduced.