U.S.A.F WEAPONS SCHOOL

• 3 months later...

Tried the newest version (2.1) with the present update for DCS (2.7.5) with the AV-8B and when mission is completed it does not respond to End Mission. Clicking but button after exiting the mission just sits there. If I fail the mission by exiting it without doing anything End Mission does respond. Interestingly, in the General Debrief Data the Mission Name and Pilot are both blank. I do not know if this problems happens with other aircraft as I have not tried with other aircraft at this time.

Hello @@JeffreyC

I have experienced the bug you have described. It turns out its a DCS bug and it effects numerous paid and free campaigns.

Fortunately, another forum member @BuzzLinehas found a fix.

Download the modified LUA file and replace the me_logbook.lua which is 

stored in your DCS install Directory\MissionEditor\modules.

I have tested it and the fix works great.

this thread contains the latest patch.

Unfortunately, you will need to apply it every time you update DCS.

Thanks and all the Best!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have some weirdness on the AV-8B 2v2 ACM mission. The instructor followed me to the runway, took off after I did, but then turned around and landed instead of forming up. 🤨 Turned off the map restrictions to get a better picture of what was going on after the first time it happened. Your triggers are WAY over my head so afraid I can't really offer anything on what could possibly be the cause so a track file is about the best I can do showing what is going on.

AV8B 2v2 Instructor lands.trk

10 hours ago, JeffreyC said:

I have some weirdness on the AV-8B 2v2 ACM mission. The instructor followed me to the runway, took off after I did, but then turned around and landed instead of forming up.

I managed to find the bug you described. It seems to only effect the 2v2 and 4v2 missions.

I have updated all the missions and posted them here.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313504/

Thanks for taking the time to point it out. Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

All the best

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but the instructor doesn't seem to be engaging the enemy in 2v2 and 2v4 missions. I tried a couple different planes and notice this last time after he calls that he is engaging he remains in formation on my wing. I remember way back he would break and attack but that was several versions ago so things might have changed and I missed a new instructions.

3 hours ago, JeffreyC said:

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but the instructor doesn't seem to be engaging the enemy in 2v2 and 2v4 missions. I tried a couple different planes and notice this last time after he calls that he is engaging he remains in formation on my wing. I remember way back he would break and attack but that was several versions ago so things might have changed and I missed a new instructions.

Hi JefefreyC.

Last time I tried the 2v2 and 4v2 BFM missions the instructor engaged as intended. 

Can I ask what aircraft you tried and and which mission you were using. I.e BFM, ACM, BVR

Thanks

I noticed him on my wing specifically on the F-16C 4v2 ACM. He didn't fire since he made no Fox-2 calls in the 2v2 ACM but that could have just been chance, I didn't think to check on what he was doing.

I did find that on Fox3 the instructor does fire for sure. 👍

Edited by JeffreyC

Thanks @JeffreyC

In the ACM missions, there is a delay between the instructor switching from following you and engaging the adversary's.

This is to prevent him from shooting the adversary's before the merge. I believe the delay is 2 minutes from calling "Ready". 

I will test the Viper in the 4v2 mission to confirm it does work properly. Might take a day or 2.

Thank you and take care

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/4/2022 at 6:59 AM, JeffreyC said:

Noticed the instructor isn't taking off since the new DCS update. It also seems he isn't spawning. This might be related to an internal name change for the Nevada map and saw MOOSE has an update to address this.

Hello JeffreyC.

I have updated the Campaign for compatibility with 2.7.9

I have updated the MOOSE file, changed the airbase names and modified all of the "Follow Me" vehicles. The vehicles were disabling the runway for the instructor.

I have also made a number of small changes to the clouds and changed the Tanker frequencies.

Thanks again, It makes me very happy to know people are still enjoying the campaign.

Latest version can be downloaded from here:

• Thanks 1

Hello JeffreyC.
I have updated the Campaign for compatibility with 2.7.9
I have updated the MOOSE file, changed the airbase names and modified all of the "Follow Me" vehicles. The vehicles were disabling the runway for the instructor.
I have also made a number of small changes to the clouds and changed the Tanker frequencies.
Thanks again, It makes me very happy to know people are still enjoying the campaign.

Latest version can be downloaded from here:

G'day@avalanche110, I just downloaded your latest 2.7.9 campaign and noticed the "Follow Me" car still stops at the holding point to not allow the instructor access to the runway. This is on the very first mission.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

3 hours ago, Scotch75 said:

G'day@avalanche110, I just downloaded your latest 2.7.9 campaign and noticed the "Follow Me" car still stops at the holding point to not allow the instructor access to the runway. This is on the very first mission.

Cheers!
emoji1634.png

Hello Scotch75

Can I ask what aircraft you were flying? 

Hello Scotch75
Can I ask what aircraft you were flying? 

Flying F-18. The script spawned an F-5 and Mig-29 as the two bandits.

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

16 hours ago, Scotch75 said:

Flying F-18. The script spawned an F-5 and Mig-29 as the two bandits.

Hello @Scotch75

I have fixed the F/A-18 Follow me vehicle blocking the runway in mission 1. I checked the rest of the missions, it seems it was only the first mission that was effected.

Thanks for letting me know. The updated file can be downloaded here.

Hello @Scotch75
I have fixed the F/A-18 Follow me vehicle blocking the runway in mission 1. I checked the rest of the missions, it seems it was only the first mission that was effected.
Thanks for letting me know. The updated file can be downloaded here.
Ok, many thanks. I'll check the new mission out tonight

Hey@Avalanche110, I tested the first 4 missions using F/A-18 and the "Follow Me" vehicle cleared the holding point correctly. So all good there.

One thing I have now encountered with these 4 missions is at the debrief; it shows "Score 0, Results 100" but pressing the green "End Mission" button will not advance the campaign. I wonder if there is something going on with the triggers or criteria for mission sucess.

This can be worked around by just pressing "Skip" in the campaign GUI.

Cheers!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scotch75 said:

Hey@Avalanche110, I tested the first 4 missions using F/A-18 and the "Follow Me" vehicle cleared the holding point correctly. So all good there.

One thing I have now encountered with these 4 missions is at the debrief; it shows "Score 0, Results 100" but pressing the green "End Mission" button will not advance the campaign. I wonder if there is something going on with the triggers or criteria for mission sucess.

This can be worked around by just pressing "Skip" in the campaign GUI.

Cheers!
emoji1634.png

The End Mission not advancing is a DCS bug that shows up at times. There is a user made fix I'm including link to the thread for you.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just loaded a refly of the ACM 1V1 mission with the F-14 to test and it loaded up fine. What module are you trying? If it's one I have I'll try it as well. It does seem to take a little while so might just appear frozen depending on how long you waited.