Oculus Quest 2 - Worth it!

Nalfeyn

A very disappointing and perhaps predictable event from oculus/facebook/meta/whoeveryouarenow 

No new hardware out soon, one tease of a new social/productivity headset named "Cambria" which will be out at some point next year. Odd that a new fresh branding for a new "open and inclusive" company called the headset Cambria (Analytica?) and the company is called Meta(data?). The laugh is on us....

Slightly disappointing end to four VR events. Only Pimax and Varjo have anything interesting and the Varjo is cheaper and quickest to sale! I think Valve will add something to the space we are interested in but no announcement on their announcements, so hmm. Wait for that.

Seems the Q2 is still worth it considering the price.

Edited by Hoirtel

Just seen the prices of the Varjo . Ill stay with my Quest2 . lol

And like the guys have said quest2 with the new update V33 looks great . 

Just tried it and its amazing I'm even up on PD 1.2 in DCS-VR .

Edited by KoN

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

Just now, KoN said:

Just seen the prices of the Varjo . Ill stay with my Quest2 . lol and like the guys have said quest2 with the new update V33 looks great . 

Yeah. I didn't think it would work out like that when I watched the event. I'm sure things will be different in a year or so and that this fidelity will be available for less. Q2 is still a great purchase!

I have a 9700K@5Ghz and a RTX2070 (not Super)   v33 or v34 for both Oculus Tool and Quest 2
Q2 90Hz at max 5408x2736

ODT / OTT (I use both) 
Pixels per Display Pixel Override (Default Super Sampling)   = 1.1
OTT - ASW 30Hz - some folks prefer OFF
FOV (.8;.8 )
Note: Use in DCS  Ctrl+Pause to show FPS (upper left hand corner ) and confirm 30 (try 45 as well ) - I like a non stutter result out the side window

ODT - Oculus Link    Low, 2912,Disabled,0,300,0,Enabled 

Make sure you test your Link cable to being greater than 1 Gbps (mine is 2.6 for a $30 cheap USB-A to USB-C )

PC HW 9700K@5.0Ghz

Win 10 (Build 2004 ) with WMR

VR - Reverb

RTX2070 with Nvidia 451.48

DCS 2.5.6 (latest)

11 hours ago, dureiken said:

Hi guys

any idea why I can' use oculus link cable ?

it works perfectly with virtual desktop via wifi, but under oculus, I have something like 2 fps

thanks

have you ran a test on the cable using the software . 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

Run your oculus software .

Devices .  {set up and support }

test USB .

or go too YouTube 

test USB cable quest2 

Edited by KoN

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

21 hours ago, KoN said:

Run your oculus software .

Devices .  {set up and support }

test USB .

or go too YouTube 

test USB cable quest2 

OK thanks, did it and it's 2.6Gbps. Don't know why it's laggy as hell 😞

Will try again with cable later, I am using airlink for now, works pretty well.

PDx2 in oculus app and this in ODT :

image.png

Edit : had to disable ASW, just force 45fps, because of artifacts problem, image wasn't stable

Is there a way to FORCE airlink beta in oculus app ? because it's reboot I have to do it.

And same with ODT, even in administrator I need to apply again settings.

Thanks for your help

Edited by dureiken

2 hours ago, dureiken said:

OK thanks, did it and it's 2.6Gbps. Don't know why it's laggy as hell 😞

Will try again with cable later, I am using airlink for now, works pretty well.

PDx2 in oculus app and this in ODT :

image.png

Edit : had to disable ASW, just force 45fps, because of artifacts problem, image wasn't stable

Is there a way to FORCE airlink beta in oculus app ? because it's reboot I have to do it.

And same with ODT, even in administrator I need to apply again settings.

Thanks for your help

I think that you should try setting the pixel overides to 0 (leave it as it is when opening) this should be the same as 1 as 0 is the default values. With res set to max in software my 3090 has no headroom to increase this without it having a noticeable impact (lagging!)

I only use oculus software . Running at 75hz @ 1.1  

In DCS PD=1.1

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .