DDR Liveries not available for DDR

CanopyJettison

Hey,

like mentioned in the title are the DDR liveries not available for DDR.

I think the reason is at release of this module there was no DDRcountry in the mission editor available.

So back then they added the DDR liveries to Germany.

Now we have the DDR.

Would it be possible to move the DDR liveries now from Germany to DDR?

Thanks a lot.

• Like 2

+1 Ideally ED and other developers would've gone through all the assets and liveries to make sure the correct ones showed up for the real operators (this doesn't just affect the L-39C). 

There is a simple enough workaround though; all you need to do is navigate to CoreMods -> aircraft -> L-39 -> Liveries -> L-39C, find the DDR Luftwaffe &DDR Luftwaffe Early;  in each folder there will be a description.lua file, if you open it in Notepad++, and scroll all the way down, you will see countries = {"GER", }, if you replace GER for GDR, the livery will now be available for the GDR.

(Best keep a backup of the original description.lua file just in case). 

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 1 month later...

This is such an easy fix ED. All you need to do is replace the current description.lua with the corrected ones attached.

The top/left one goes in DDR Luftwaffe (should be called DDR LSK (Luftstreitkräfte der Nationalen Volksarmee), or just GDR Air Force; Luftwaffe is for West Germany/Unified Germany).

And the bottom/right goes in DDR Luftwaffe Early.

Both folders can be found if you navigate to your main DCS installation folder (which should be Program Files -> Eagle Dynamics -> DCS World) and the folder path you want is CoreMods -> aircraft -> L-39 -> Liveries -> L-39C

description.lua description.lua

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 2 months later...