VR Shaders for IC Pass, Clear Water and Texture fixes

On 3/2/2021 at 8:13 PM, speed-of-heat said:

The video recommends just overwriting the folder, I explicitly say don’t do that.

Ahoy, so the reason the videos recommend as such is because I found some buddies (read: people who help with testing my routines externally before I upload a video) had issues with installing the mod with any effect using JSGME or Ovgme. I checked their directories myself to no avail. If it could happen in my relatively small group, the chance of it happening between several thousands of others is pretty large. Asking them to simply overwrite, the fail% was 0. I can't logically say why this occurs in some small margin of users, but there you are. It's been a while, so I'll give it another test externally using only JSGME or Ovgme and see if it works with the current versions of DCS. I can't say I've ever experienced direct installation causing any errors. Conflicting mods (or installing into Saved Games lmao) have been the issue in 100% of my troubleshooting cases so far.

On 3/2/2021 at 7:31 PM, MrScott said:

Sir, 

I too have the G2. I followed the video instructions for the VR Shader (Below) and get the following error when launching Into  say Instant action Free Flight. 

"DX11 Renderer - Error

Shader "bazar/shaders/netashaders/grass/grass2.fx" failed to compile. Reason:

warning X4717: Effects deprecated for DCDCompiler_47

../terrain/inc/vortexUtils.hlsl(42,44-62): error X3004:undeclared identifier 'TerrainContect_time'"

I followed the instructions to the letter, even renaming the folders.old where asked and now I have no idea what to do. DCS is Dead.

If you or anyone else knows how to correct this please let me know.

Thanks,

Hey, so asking out of genuine, unsolicited curiosity: What made you follow this video and not look on my channel for the updated guide? I'm trying (and I'm not trying to be aggressive, although my tone indicates otherwise) to wrap my head around how people aren't following a giant caps lock title and description.
I keep those up because YouTube's algorithm absolutely digs my updated guides 6 feet under unless I reference the old videos over to the new ones, but I might just nuke the old ones all-together at this point and just live with it.

Edited by Woona

@Woona thanks, I have never heard of anyone having a problem installing via OvGME I use MODMANFX64 myself and never had a problem... over many many many installs and removals. Or not copying it to the right directory and having no effect...etc...

typically I rarely recommend the force write/overwrite, mechanism because you can get to an inconsistent state very easily.  

I have had many people try to “uninstall” the mod by hand and fail in the most epic way or botch the install, and end up having to do a repair or a reinstall... 

YMMV.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

@speed-of-heat Yeah, me either. I use JSGME every time, never failed me. Just can't say the same for some others. I can always experiment with recommending JSGME/OVGME in the next one and see if the number of not-working-comments increases/decreases. 

Edited by Woona
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Woona said:

I'm trying (and I'm not trying to be aggressive, although my tone indicates otherwise) to wrap my head around how people aren't following a giant caps lock title and description.

Speaking solely for myself, I avoid any forum threads, individual posts, videos, or whatever else that are written in ALL CAPS. I'm not blind so there is no need to "shout". If people want to draw attention to their topic or video, all they need to do is give it an informative, specific title which explains what it's about. Not ALL CAPS and not click-bait crap. People will see it and if it interests them, they'll click it.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this, so it may explain your problem.

Edited by Goffik

I messed up installing a mod with ovgme by extracting the archive incorrectly. I accidentally extracted it to /nameofmod/nameofmod/bazar instead of nameofmod/bazar.  This extra directory will copy the mod to the wrong locations when ovgme installs it. Easy to do depending on how the archive was created and the option you choose when extracting it. 

Yes, it is possible to screw up, but with OvGme; uninstalling the mod is as simple as a click and then correcting the path... where as dropping the files into the directory by hand means a manual cleanup with again attendant user error.

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

@Goffik Thanks, definitely agree on annoying caps lock titles. I didn't think it could translate into titles just pointing to it being outdated, but I guess it just ticks the right wrongs, even just for version titles. I think I'll just throw them off my channel and live with it. @speed-of-heat I'll make OVGME/JSGME recommended in the next video after 2.7 comes out - at the assumption that you or kegetys are able to make these modifications work after 2.7 surely breaks them. Hopefully this will amount to less repetitive errors here.

Edited by Woona
  • Like 3

yeah, for clarity , i really am not smart enough (nor have the time) to fix the underlying code in if the base game breaks the base mod, what i do is a whole level of trivial technical butchery beneath the surgery that  @Kegetysdoes on the actual mod to make it work in the first place. 

But my assumption is that the MOD will break with 2.7.

• Like 1

I'm having trouble with the NVG Mask size. I'm trying to get a realisticl monocular effect, but increasing the setting in the HMD file doesn't appear to work. I went from the default 4.0 to 8.0, 20.0, 100.0, 500.0, 1000.0, and 5000.0. I still have full-screen NVGs in my headset, but the mask appears to be working in the DCS mirror on my desktop--it just won't go small enough no matter how high I set the values.

Is there another setting I'm missing, or do the values need to be within a specific min/max range? 

Hey many thanks for the mod. Really improved the VR experience. Though now I have a problem. Whenever I start, there is smart smoothing applied to dcs. Or better known as motion Smoothing in steam vr. When it was applied once that was ok, but rather not have it. But now it has applied it two times, so whenever I turn my head, there will be constant smart smoothing effect on smart smoothing effect and make the entire screen shake with more than 2 cockpits. But the weird thing is, when I alt+tab to another program The smart smoothing will complete stop. All this started after using this mod, though worked perfectly in start, things started to change.

Things I have tried. Do a dcs repair of all files, after uninstalling the mod. ( nothing changed ) deleted the fxo and metashaders2, still nothing changed. Then tried to install the mod again and nothing changed again.

Right now I do not have any idea how to proceed with this. Now dcs is unplayable for me in vr.

I use Pimax 5k+

thats a problem with your steamvr setting and nothing to do with this mod

it's not a function of the mod, the mod does nothing to force the behaviour you are seeing

7 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

Don’t hijack threads.

check your default.vrsettings file.

Found the problem, seems like Pimax hates windows Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling. Just a heads up if any ever will have the problem I got 🙂

So I've tried installing this like 5 times after finding it on a youtube video.. I cannot get the mask to appear, I've tried changing the size to 0.100 to 1.500 and nothing. And I'm assuming nothing else is working either since I don't really see any improvement in FPS. Help?

If you don’t see the mask, you have not installed it correctly.

38 minutes ago, Stephy said:

Found the problem, seems like Pimax hates windows Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling. Just a heads up if any ever will have the problem I got 🙂

If you see my guide on using the g2  and 3090 you will see I recommend turning it off.

Unzip the file and learn how to add a mod usingnovgme

Edited by speed-of-heat

40 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

Unzip the file and learn how to add a mod usingnovgme

Ok I unzipped it, did all the stuff to where OvGME finds it, enables it, and even adds the files. Its still not working... I just tried 0.100 and still nothing. Can I not use this on release version or something?