VR Shaders for IC Pass, Clear Water and Texture fixes

No reshade.   This seems to happen occasionally. Then, no matter which shader, I can only get it back to normal with a clean install, rip and replace of the mod.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

• 2 weeks later...

**Edit - I was being even more dumb and hadn't installed it correctly 😔**

This may be a really dumb question so please excuse me. I am trying to use the mod on Open Beta build 2.5.6.61527 and getting the error below. Would I be correct in thinking that the mod is not compatible with OB?

image.png

Edited by Badyk
My own stupidity

On 3/30/2021 at 4:09 PM, Sr. said:

No reshade.   This seems to happen occasionally. Then, no matter which shader, I can only get it back to normal with a clean install, rip and replace of the mod.

OK, i did come across this recently, when playing with AA settings in game turning them on and off without coming out of the game... and lo the water was completely transparent, came out went back in and all was fine!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

PSA

i don’t know if it will work with 2.7, my personal guess is it won’t, we will need @Kegetys to modify his original version before we do anything else, so it may take some time.

I won’t be able to test it until later on this evening, by all means post your test results on the main thread.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

1 minute ago, Baseketboll said:

Does not work with 2.7 😔 Will wait for update.

To be expected tbh. We're kind of reliant on Kegetys updating his mod to allow @speed-of-heatto add his tweaks along with @Taz1004fixes. Not wanting to put a dampner on things but I'm not sure Kegetys has been around much. Let's hope he comes back and saves us 🙂

• Like 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

@BIGNEWY you beautiful sons of bitches!!!!! you added a VR mask of your own! 

ha ha ha and the VR mirror can use the system 2d resolution!!!!

Performance in 2.7 really is astounding. Haven't seen this good vanilla VR performance since 1.5. For the hell of it, I registered which files were conflicting and snipped them out after necessity and gave it a run-through. Basically just a duct taped together version of the 2.5.6 VR shaders because insomnia. 

Averages from Nvidia FrameView benchmarks look like this:
image.png 

Validated with OCAT for frametimes (note FrameView and OCAT measure FPS differently, hence discrepancies, FV is more representative for VR framerates):
image.png

Nothing to write home about, but hey, it's free real estate. Seems like the framerate has an easier time staying high granted the balance between 90th, 95th and 99th percentiles, further confirmed by the higher average FPS despite similar maximums and 8% discrepancy in minimums. I've done minimal testing but attached it in case someone really wants it I guess.

Shaders IC.rar

Edited by Woona
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Woona said:

I registered which files were conflicting and snipped them out

Which shaders were conflicting?

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

4 hours ago, Woona said:

Performance in 2.7 really is astounding. Haven't seen this good vanilla VR performance since 1.5. For the hell of it, I registered which files were conflicting and snipped them out after necessity and gave it a run-through. Basically just a duct taped together version of the 2.5.6 VR shaders because insomnia. 

image.png 

Validated with OCAT for frametimes (note FrameView and OCAT measure FPS differently, hence discrepancies, FV is more representative for VR framerates):
image.png

Nothing to write home about, but hey, it's free real estate. Seems like the framerate has an easier time staying high granted the balance between 90th, 95th and 99th percentiles, further confirmed by the higher average FPS despite similar maximums and 8% discrepancy in minimums. I've done minimal testing but attached it in case someone really wants it I guess.

Shaders IC.rar 21.23 kB · 9 downloads

Thanks for doing this @Woonai will have a look later today as well. 

It would be nice if all the shader gurus collaborated to open source their mods at a single github. That way if Kegetys or one of the others drops off the planet (heaven forbid) others can pick up their work.

• Like 3

DCS Wishlist: | Navy F-14 | Navy F/A-18 | AH-6 | Navy A-6 | Official Navy A-4 | Carrier Ops | Dynamic Campaign | Marine AH-1 |

Streaming DCS sometimes:

So lets be super clear ... @Kegetysdoes surgery, the best i can do is lop of limbs, (which is no offense because its good work) is what  @Woonahas done here, is cut out the dead meat...

That said, I think that would be a good idea if it could be placed in github or similar repository, but i think it needs a refocus, as there are some things that are now done by the base mod which make their inclusion in the mod proper less optimal than the once were...  

• Like 3

before 2.7 and latet drivers I had perfect peformance out of the box usig @speed-of-heat combined shaders .

With 2.7 I am having a lot of stutters caused by high timeframes (20-24 ms) , honestly didnt meausre the timeframe on 2.5.6 but DCS was super smooth, now its causing me a tremendous headache.

Using a G2 here + 3090

Edited by Goa

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

run a repair, if you havent already... but on your specs and hardware its likely something else I went slightly mad by accidently turning on SSOA and then forgetting i did it ... which cocked me up something chronic 

Edited by speed-of-heat

7 hours ago, Woona said:

image.png 

image.png

Shaders IC.rar 21.23 kB · 14 downloads

@Woona Thanks for doing this so fast. Had a really quick play around and I seem to have the cockpit shimmer back that I used to get pre this mod (in 2.5.6). Performance does seem slightly improved in comparison to running stock. However, I need to find the time to do some proper comparisons. Everyone seems to be wooping about their increased VR performance in 2.7 stock but I can't say that I've had the same experience. In cases where I used to get a solid 45FPS I'm now fluctuating, this could be clouds I guess, but everyone is also saying they notice no real difference witht clouds. Anyhoo, I'll keep fiddling around.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

The performance seems to differ for everyone. Here and on Reddit, there seem to be equally as many users talking about an increase, a decrease and no significant change at all.

Edited by Hive

Im putting this here for the moment i havent had a lot of time to test and hack... but I took @Woona's version and then added speedtrees back in this morning before breakfast.. not sure how meaningful it is  

--- See Post 1 for the up to date 2.7  shaders

Edited by speed-of-heat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, speed-of-heat said:

Im putting this here for the moment i havent had a lot of time to test and hack... but I took @Woona's version and then added speedtrees back in this morning before breakfast.. not sure how meaningful it is  

Shaders IC 2.7 Woona SOH Speed Trees.zip 31.27 kB · 6 downloads

Thankyou Sir, will have a play shortly.

So using Bartheks Caucasus redone with this mod the tress look a little "minecraft" I'm guessing this is the speedtress addition.

Edited by zildac
Update

Decided to wait till this morning to upgrade, then couldn't sleep past 04:30 like a kid on Christmas morning so got up and installed 😉

Runs lovely in 2D, no crashes and clouds are beautiful. Haven't had a chance to run in VR yet because, as I happened to run a bunch of benchmarks yesterday in the ReBAR thread, thought I'd repeat them with 2.7 before doing anything else. As per yesterday the benchmark is a 2 minute, high speed, NOE, high G turning circle in the Viper over the city of Damascus - Syria NOE Tight Turn Benchmark.trk

Results added to yesterdays (Note ReBAR is still on for the 2.7 tests - not sure if it makes any difference or not. I'll perhaps try without later)

image.png

FrameView_Summary 2.7 Test.xlsx

So initially, it looked like I lost 20 FPS and clouds standard or ultra made no difference.

Then I applied @Woona's version of the shaders mod and bam, I'm back to the level I was at in 2.5.6 (and I had @speed-of-heat's version installed for those earlier tests)

..the biggest change appears to be in GPU utilisation: mid 80s gone to mid 90s on all the 2.7 runs. Interestingly max FPS has gone way up too.

Edited by ShaunX

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

2.6 was running great on my 3090 i9 10850k, and the G2 2.7 not so good, any where from 33-45 with reprojection on all maps with Cacaus being slightly better, no setting have change yet but im felling like I need to turn some stuff down, its like I have gone backwwards to my 2080ti 😞

The butcher is in session ... hopefully i will have a clear water version later today 

4 hours ago, Krenth said:

@speed-of-heat What is your opinion on the jittering clouds issue? Does it look like an easy fix, or do you think it will take a while?

I have no idea .. sorry .. completely out of my wheelhouse

OP updated 

• Like 1