VR Shaders for IC Pass, Clear Water and Texture fixes

1 hour ago, Hive said:

Yeah, really great community. Thank you very much for the mod (version).

I just installed the standard mod and it works fine so far, although my FPS gain is minimal as it seems. Started Instant Action Takeoff (Caucasus) on Legay A-10C and had 30 FPS on the runway. After the mod I have 32-33 FPS. My system is a I7-7700K @4.2 GHZ GTX 1080 32 GB RAM. Will test further.

Does anyone know what the best mask size would be for the HP Reverb G2?

EDIT: Performance in flight is much better now. Up to 50 FPS. Huge improvement. Cool! Now I have to get rid of the baked in reflections. They look much worse with this mod.

Agreed, the mod is great and also seems to have really tamed the shimmering textures and shadows, the only downside I have noticed is as you say, the baked in reflections. On the Hornet in certain lighting they look really out of place on the steam gauges.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

4 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

Turn them off … that option is available 

In _HMD.hlsl? I can't see anything obviously relating to them

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

No , under the special menu for f-18... same for the f-16, in game

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

36 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

No , under the special menu for f-18... same for the f-16, in game

Thank you, completely missed that option 👍

• Like 1

i havent tried it withthe steam version of DCS, but, im not aware of any issues

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

16 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

i havent tried it withthe steam version of DCS, but, im not aware of any issues

Ok, and how do I implement this ?
the file structure is different, so not sure how to do.

what files and where do I overwrite / delete to make this sorcery happen ?

Found it. Result however not what I hoped for. Trying to get some life back in a mac pro 5.1 running dcs steam on windows. 32gb ram, saphire rx590 8gb vram and installed on nvme ssd 970 evo plus. Never the less the processor I think is to slow being old xeon quad core. Have to check if that is the bottleneck or still a higher end gpu will do some magic for my oculus quest 2 vr.

I have a question concerning the cockpit reflections in the A-10C und A-10C II:

With the mod it seems there is no glass at all in front of the cockpit gauges of the A-10C and for the A-10C II the baked in refelctions are overpronounced (with Taz' mod to remove them, it it looks the same like in the A-10C).

Is there a way to get normal looking glass in front of the instruments?

Apologies if I missed something (English is not my native language). I only understood there are problems like transparent cockpit and missing glass/rotors for a specific helicopter. I guess the solution might be to try translucent water version for me, too. Sorry and thanks again for your work.

Edited by Hive
  • Like 1

this is an issue with the underlying mod... there have been several posts on it if you read the thread rather than just posting to it.

On 1/6/2021 at 5:34 PM, HipoxiK said:

Stock NVG settings with the VR Shaders mod actually works almost perfect with the Reverb G2. Don't need Tacca's NVG mod now. 

One question though, can the blurryness (is that a word) be dialed down around the NVG ring so it's a clean NVG circle?

I see in C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\shaders\deferred\_HMD.hlsl you can make adjustments. Will one of these affect blurryness outside of the NVG ring?

Cheers

Sir, 

I too have the G2. I followed the video instructions for the VR Shader (Below) and get the following error when launching Into  say Instant action Free Flight. 

"DX11 Renderer - Error

Shader "bazar/shaders/netashaders/grass/grass2.fx" failed to compile. Reason:

warning X4717: Effects deprecated for DCDCompiler_47

../terrain/inc/vortexUtils.hlsl(42,44-62): error X3004:undeclared identifier 'TerrainContect_time'"

I followed the instructions to the letter, even renaming the folders.old where asked and now I have no idea what to do. DCS is Dead.

If you or anyone else knows how to correct this please let me know.

Thanks,

MrScott on Discord (aka eFlight and Smokin1)

PC SPECS: Aorus Master Z390, I9-9900K@5.2Ghz, HC150Pro Cooler, 32GB T-Force 4133 Ram, 1.TB Samsunge 960Pro M.2, (20TB of other data storage in SSD and SATA6 too), EVGA RTX2080Ti KingPin Hybrid 11GB with LN2 BIOS. X-52Pro, Brunner MKII and Rudder Peddles. VR and or 3 55" 4K Displays.

This error is almost always a result of incorrect installation or conflicting mod.

The video recommends just overwriting the folder, I explicitly say don’t do that.

I recommend running repair on dcs, and then reapplying the mod as I have suggested using modfx or OvGme etc...

12 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

this is an issue with the underlying mod... there have been several posts on it if you read the thread rather than just posting to it.

I used the search function and found no mention of P-51 issues. Other WW2 aircraft are not affected and other shaders mods don't cause similar issues, so there must be a file or a value somewhere that can be tweaked to fix it. 

The IC Pass version appears to work, so it seems to be an issue with Taz's texture files. 

Edited by Nealius

Try reading, and you will see that some people have the same problem with helo rotors. It’s not specific to the p51. And I think you can use my clear water version and not encounter the problem. 

the problem with just searching is you loose the context, and only search on the thing that you think the problem is...

"Helo blades have a problem and therefore warbird propellers may also have the same problem" is a massive leap in logic, and a totally unreasonable expectation of the reader. 

The problem still persists with both versions that include Taz's texture fixes. Only the IC pass version seems to work. 

Does this NVD_HDR.fx file still work? I keep getting installation issues

On 1/11/2021 at 4:20 AM, Taz1004 said:

It's Simple Transparency that's causing it.  You can simply set it to 0 but then you'll lose simple transparency altogether.  I fixed it in attached "forward_def_ps.hlsl"

Also attached is NVG blur reduced in case anyone don't want blurry cockpit with NVG. "NVD_HDR_fx"

Why is it blurry anyway?  Is it supposed to be blurry?  I used NVG goggles before and they were noisy but not blurry.

Also, sun.fx looks like it's identical to default file.  I think it can be deleted.

Screen_210111_021212.jpg

NVD_HDR.fx 4.98 kB · 25 downloads

Edited by AlexCaboose

2 hours ago, Nealius said:

"Helo blades have a problem and therefore warbird propellers may also have the same problem" is a massive leap in logic, and a totally unreasonable expectation of the reader. 

To be fair it's really not that much of a leap, since both are sets of spinning blades and will therefore be using a similar (or identical) graphical effect in the sim to look like a spinning disc. I commend you for using the search function at all since most people don't, but it's still not a substitute for simply reading through a thread before posting in it.