VR Shaders for IC Pass, Clear Water and Texture fixes

2 minutes ago, Taz1004 said:

No.

After you enable it in OvGME, what path is _HMD.hlsl located?  And what does your _HMD.hlsl look like?

image.png

This is where OvGME put it. The only thing I have been changing is the mask size and no number seems to make even a little bit of the mask come up.

It’s in the right location, I think, what is your path to the dcs binary, is that also c:\program files\eagle dynamics\dcs world?

one other thing, you can only see the mask in VR, so if you are in2d it won’t show up.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Yeah its the same.

Is me using skate zilla dcs updater / launcher having anything to do with this? I need it to launch VR because of how I am using VR. Any other way and steamVR will launch but wont put me into it in the headset. Ill either not be in steamvr at all or it will just sit in the mountain scene and not recognize the game.

I even tried using the non IC version and it doesn't work. SteamVR launches and everything, the game window sometimes goes into a really narrow window sometimes it goes fullscreen.

Idk what is going on...

I use Skatezillas app again without problem can you show me a screen shot of your application settings "tab"  from that app ?

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

yes, i can't see anything obviously wrong there.

you seem to have done everything right.

I  really dont know whats going on on your box, and why the mod isn't showing up for you.

you said you have to use Skates app because there is something special about your config ?  I dont think it can be that ... as the app is working if its installed correctly ... 

I would

1) uninstall the mod via OVGME

2) Check the paths again (i know)

3) Run repair DCS from skates app

4) re-apply the mod via OVGME

5) launch DCS via skates app

Still doesn't seem to be working... I even did a full search this time on the repair to make sure I got everything and had a complete verification.

Am I just missing something, do I need to change some launch setting on the exe? Does it matter I have fullscreen optimizations disabled because the guide said that would help with fps? Do I need to start DCS in admin? 

Idk what else could be wrong... Like at this point I feel like out of every thing to do I missed one tiny thing and its causing this but idk what it is...

Edited by Zerathrax

no you should be able to launch and go; if its in the right place it just works ... 

try this, try running ovgme as admin, right click run as admin and then applying the mod

Is there a specific value range for the NVG mask size? No matter how high I make the values it will not go smaller than the A-10's canopy bow. I'm tired of asking so many times and being ignored.....

Edited by Nealius

37 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

try this, try running ovgme as admin, right click run as admin and then applying the mod

Sorry for slow response, but I just learned something. So apparently it IS working (at least to some extent?) because I just decided to load into a game, and noticed way better FPS. Now this was with the non IC safe one, so the maximum performance one, and I'm saying I think its at least somewhat working because I was in the HIP and the gun targeting glass was missing, as well as the sun blocker things had nothing in the frames. And I tested turning on the gun sight and saw it but it was just like floating as if there was no glass but still acted like it was in the glass. So that plus increased FPS makes me think something is working just not everything if thats even possible? 

That or just a coincidence idk. I will try the admin thing in a bit though, need to take a break since I actually flew around and had fun for once lol.

• Like 1

Its all good, thanks for trying. I'm going to switch back to the IC version and see if it maintains most of the FPS. Just sucks I cant get the mask since I'm assuming that would help out the most, and if that's not working what else isn't being applied?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 8:10 AM, speed-of-heat said:

Hi All,

this is not a MOD of my own creation and I have created this thread solely to provide an easy point of "finding" my variants of @Kegetys excellent Shader MOD for VR, I have also included @Taz1004 texture fixes for  cockpit and trees and included them where appropriate.

There are three basic variants: 

Great productivity improvement. Thank you for your work. There's only one but.

I am running the F/A-18 module in HP Reverb (1) and 1080ti. All is great except the instruments. In my VR goggles they look black and white after the shaders mod (standard, most performant) installation. What could be causing it?

mighty pilot, so it seems

· Intel i7 8700K 3.7GHz · Asus 1080 Ti · HP Reverb · Virpil T-50CM2 base + stick · Virpil MT-50 Throttle · TM TPR Pedals

1 hour ago, Herisson said:

Great productivity improvement. Thank you for your work. There's only one but.

I am running the F/A-18 module in HP Reverb (1) and 1080ti. All is great except the instruments. In my VR goggles they look black and white after the shaders mod (standard, most performant) installation. What could be causing it?

Thanks 

I don't have this problem on my G2, nor did i have it on my G1 with a 1080ti (so i dont think its hardware specific) some trouble shooting ideas: 

are you by any chance using a custom cockpit ?

have you any other mods installed? 

try a DCS repair and reinstall the mod?

you can try turning simple transparency off in the config file _HMD.hlsl?

try deleting FXO and metashaders2 from your saved game directory (takes a while as it will regen all the shaders when you next go into game, hence me putting it last on the list) 

On 3/21/2021 at 4:31 PM, speed-of-heat said:

are you by any chance using a custom cockpit ?

have you any other mods installed? 

try a DCS repair and reinstall the mod?

you can try turning simple transparency off in the config file _HMD.hlsl?

try deleting FXO and metashaders2 from your saved game directory (takes a while as it will regen all the shaders when you next go into game, hence me putting it last on the list) 

- no custom cockpit. Only TM MFDs.
- no other mods
- tried. The problem persists.
- no effect
- no effect
Interesting that if I am flying towards the sun, then the instruments (or, rather, glass layers over instruments) behave correctly. When the sun is between ~9 and 3 o'clock, they turn black and white.

mighty pilot, so it seems

· Intel i7 8700K 3.7GHz · Asus 1080 Ti · HP Reverb · Virpil T-50CM2 base + stick · Virpil MT-50 Throttle · TM TPR Pedals

Are you running any anti-aliasing options?  Otherwise out of ideas 

On 3/11/2021 at 9:32 AM, Nealius said:

Is there a specific value range for the NVG mask size? No matter how high I make the values it will not go smaller than the A-10's canopy bow. I'm tired of asking so many times and being ignored.....

If nobody knows the answer then nobody knows the answer. It's not our fault, and asking ten times won't miraculously beam this knowledge into anyone's head. You'll just have to search for the answer elsewhere or do your own testing. But FYI, adjusting the NV mask works perfectly fine on my Rift S so it would seem the issue is on your end anyway.

• Like 1

Well done fellas, I'm seeing a very nice visual and performance improvement here in my Vive Pro using the most performant download option.

My F-18 DDI's are clearer and the colors really pop now 🙂

Cheers!

• Like 2

I seem to have broken something.

Whichever mod I try the water looks like this. Clear.

Screen_210329_192931.png

Screen_210329_193042.png

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

Oh OK, yes you have. Were you by any chance playing with that reshade thing? I would say that you broke the water.fx component, likely by making a change in compose or somewhere else... that’s not what “clear” is meant to look like... that’s completely transparent!

run dcs repair, remove any files that are extra, re-download the mod, and re-apply the mod, good luck