My 3090 Settings for my G2 (2.7.11)

speed-of-heat

It has no detrimental impact on performance;  as for if it has a benefit , it’s certainly not bound to a dcs version. I’m pretty much in line with wolta’s views on NVCP…  

• Like 2

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

SOH, is your OP up to date with what settings you run. been out of the game for a bit and need to adjust my settings

Thanks

System Specs: Windows 11, Intel i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus TUF OC RTX3080, 64GB Vengeance Pro 3600 CL18, MSI Z390 Carbon Pro MB, Reverb G2, TM Warthog Throttle and Stick, TM TPR Rudders, Voice Attack.

More or less, clouds are high, water medium, I keep on going back snd forth on simplex & migoto and Clearwater/Kegetys & reshade 5. & with vrperfkit 140% in steam  & no MSAA and 100% and MSAAx2 … these are mostly “perf neutral” (ish) but finding the right quality of image… which is so personal… but I am tending towards the later… in each case.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

i just want to know is any other setting than vsync and motion smoothing can lock the frame to 45 ? 
because i almost in every settings getting around 45 frame and didn't find any solution for it !

AMD R9 5950X | 32GB DDR4-4000 | Radeon 6900XT | Thrustmaster warthog + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 |МиГ-21 | F/A-18C |  F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 | JF-17| AJS-37

Hags might, there are a couple of places for motion smoothing, wmr settings and steam and if you have fiddled with it the old steam vr settings text file, vsync won't do it to the best of my knowledge 

As a rule I would create a separate thread for this kind of issue. As this thread is long and complex enough, without it being hijacked for a specific problem.

Edited by speed-of-heat

On 2/18/2022 at 2:08 AM, speed-of-heat said:

...140% in steam  & no MSAA and 100% and MSAAx2 … 

And that's really kind of the bottom line for this iteration of DCS and this generation of HMD.  Wanna drive 9.3m pixels, at native resolution plus MSAA, ya need a 3090 (or maybe a 3080ti?) ... Next step down to a 3080 or 6900xt you can either have native resolution, or MSAA, but not both.  Next step down (3070/6700) you just can't drive that many pixels. (But can still have an enjoyable experience using upscaling technology)

Glad to see HMD designers finally thinking about how to get the most out of your GPU.  Finally.  The G2 is the last  and best of a breed, I think.  

There's a gold mine of data in your thread.  I'd be interested to see an "infographic" going through each of the DCS graphics settings and showing how much each one affects GPU time, and how much CPU time proportionally.   The absolute numbers will vary depending on the system, but I'll bet the proportions don't vary all that much.  I may make a pass at that this weekend if you don't mind me processing your data...  

1 hour ago, shayan said:

i just want to know is any other setting than vsync and motion smoothing can lock the frame to 45 ? 
because i almost in every settings getting around 45 frame and didn't find any solution for it !

G2?  Or Oculus?  I was never able to get my RIft or Rift S off every-other-frame no matter what I did.   

There are places in Adrenaline that'll lock or limit your frames, typically marketed as power-saving features.  Dunno of NVIDIA drivers do that. 

• Like 1

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

57 minutes ago, DeltaMike said:

There's a gold mine of data in your thread.  I'd be interested to see an "infographic" going through each of the DCS graphics settings and showing how much each one affects GPU time, and how much CPU time proportionally.   The absolute numbers will vary depending on the system, but I'll bet the proportions don't vary all that much.  I may make a pass at that this weekend if you don't mind me processing your data...  

Thanks and crack on 🙂 there is some error/noise in the data, because its spread across multiple versions but the proportionality should be about right in terms of delta.

59 minutes ago, DeltaMike said:

There are places in Adrenaline that'll lock or limit your frames, typically marketed as power-saving features.  Dunno of NVIDIA drivers do that. 

not that i have seen, providing you are inside the powercap for your card's firmware and you have that many watts available you can keep drawing power. There are power saving features I just set the drivers to "prefer maximum performance", in the nvidia control panel 

but overall you are right, you have to figure it out as a total number of pixels, which is why tools like FSR/NIS and hopefully one day DLSS are so important.. they change the pixel to quality discussion .

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DeltaMike said:

And that's really kind of the bottom line for this iteration of DCS and this generation of HMD.  Wanna drive 9.3m pixels, at native resolution plus MSAA, ya need a 3090 (or maybe a 3080ti?) ... Next step down to a 3080 or 6900xt you can either have native resolution, or MSAA, but not both.  Next step down (3070/6700) you just can't drive that many pixels. (But can still have an enjoyable experience using upscaling technology)

Glad to see HMD designers finally thinking about how to get the most out of your GPU.  Finally.  The G2 is the last  and best of a breed, I think.  

G2?  Or Oculus?  I was never able to get my RIft or Rift S off every-other-frame no matter what I did.   

im using g2 even on menu i cant reach higher than 45 ! 

i turend off vsync and motion smoothing in steam vr and in game setting and in adrenaline default setting wont limit power or apply any kind of vsync 

AMD R9 5950X | 32GB DDR4-4000 | Radeon 6900XT | Thrustmaster warthog + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 |МиГ-21 | F/A-18C |  F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 | JF-17| AJS-37

38 minutes ago, shayan said:

i turend off vsync and motion smoothing in steam vr and in game setting and in adrenaline default setting wont limit power or apply any kind of vsync 

Check your don't have motion smoothing set to motion vector in the wmr for steamvr menu options, that will force it on and lock you down to 45fps no matter what actual frametime you're getting. Install fpsvr and that will tell you they frametimes which is a true representation of performance in vr.

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

1 hour ago, shayan said:

Again, start your own thread,  include the information about your current settings, in dcs, in steamvr, and hardware specifications. Because otherwise it’s really difficult to actually help you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Astronaut said:

I modded the suspect file and tried to capture what the original mod had changed. I think it's working but I don't promise anything, this is my hack job after all. it goes it bazar/shaders/deferred

Tonemap.fx 11.25 kB · 1 download

By adding this file I did not get the tonemap.fx error anymore, but the Shader mod performance did not return.

Test 95 - VR Shaders mod

Test 96 - Without Shader mod

Test 97 - VR Shadermod + adjusted Tonemap.fx

image.png

However DCS also crashes when I open the NVG.

Edited by Ready

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

Hey SoH I hope all is well and dandy. 
Are your doing the OpenXR mod thing ?Been a lot talk about it. My performance from your guide with the 3090 has been flawless and crisp. I was wondering if you are going that route.

Thanks and take care.

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Hey SoH I hope all is well and dandy. 
Are your doing the OpenXR mod thing ?Been a lot talk about it. My performance from your guide with the 3090 has been flawless and crisp. I was wondering if you are going that route.

Thanks and take care.

me too, just as curious.  I went the OpenXR route, and enjoying it with my 3090.  Out of respect, this is his thread and it's been a great reference.  So not trying to derail, (I'll post OpenXR over in that thread).

thanks again SoH for this great reference thread, but really curious to hear your input.   🙂

Edited by javelina1
  • Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

On 3/24/2022 at 1:15 AM, javelina1 said:

me too, just as curious.  I went the OpenXR route, and enjoying it with my 3090.  Out of respect, this is his thread and it's been a great reference.  So not trying to derail, (I'll post OpenXR over in that thread).

thanks again SoH for this great reference thread, but really curious to hear your input.   🙂

Really curious aswell to see your methodology testing applied to it, and see if it's relevant or still placebo.

i7-9700K / 64Gb / 3080 FE / OS on 500GB M2 / Games on 1000GB M2 / LG C1 48" / Reverb G2 / Warthog Hotas & Monstertech / TrackiR 5 Clip / Tobii 5 / ButtKicker & JetPad / Os: Win11 Pro Dev / SimShaker / VoiceA. / VIaCom Pro / Srs

Hi Guys,

Sorry work and home has been fairly manic, and my play time has been focused on playing rather than fiddling, so I haven't really even tried the MOD, let alone tested it.

Some observations:

- it seems to provide more options for motion smoothing to work, from 30 - 45 - 60(?) - 90, this could be pretty important in producing flyable experiences where the numbers are marginal as it dynamically steps through them as required

- removing the buffer copy, from wmr to wmr4svr to svr could be have a significant impact on perf, but, it would really need testing

- video memory, if you are shy on memory then only running wmr  should  improve performance wherever memory is a bottleneck, some maps are heavy textures etc...

- Getting actual hard numbers will be more challenging as FPSVR is a steamvr app, I don't know if there is an equivalent for openxr... Which I suspect there are lots of people saying it feels better... Subjective is a valid measure. It's why I don't force 60hz, I know it's the technically better than 45, it just makes me feel ick.

I would like to test it, I just need to get the time to do it, when I am not having to choose between testing or playing...

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

Hi Guys,

Sorry work and home has been fairly manic, and my play time has been focused on playing rather than fiddling, so I haven't really even tried the MOD, let alone tested it.

Some observations:

- it seems to provide more options for motion smoothing to work, from 30 - 45 - 60(?) - 90, this could be pretty important in producing flyable experiences where the numbers are marginal as it dynamically steps through them as required

- removing the buffer copy, from wmr to wmr4svr to svr could be have a significant impact on perf, but, it would really need testing

- video memory, if you are shy on memory then only running wmr  should  improve performance wherever memory is a bottleneck, some maps are heavy textures etc...

- Getting actual hard numbers will be more challenging as FPSVR is a steamvr app, I don't know if there is an equivalent for openxr... Which I suspect there are lots of people saying it feels better... Subjective is a valid measure. It's why I don't force 60hz, I know it's the technically better than 45, it just makes me feel ick.

I would like to test it, I just need to get the time to do it, when I am not having to choose between testing or playing...

Hi I was on the fence as well but after reading all the positive messages in 23 pages of one thread I took the plunge yesterday. Let me tell you, it was time well spent. I am excited about it and give major kudos to Jabbah and Mbucchia for creating this. My eyes are not fooling me, can only fly with 90Hz but surprisingly having the FPS locked and automatically stepped down to 30 FPS in some places it still looks and feels better than whatever I had going with all the mods and tweaks that were going on. Already have turned up some of the DCS settings and am just starting to play around with OXR. Startup is quicker and smoother as well. 

So if you have an hour or two somewhere, just try it out is all I can say. Use a mod manager to easily switch out SVR and OXR. I don't think I will go back to SVR anymore and even take the loss of my favourite kneeboard app (OpenKneeboard), which currently is only in SVR.

RE:fpsVR: You are right, I always also feel the need for some hard numbers and also have done 100+ tests with fpsVR and mod tuning in the last couple of months, following your example. There is some sort of performance stats functionality available with export to csv, see the opencomposite config file. Haven't taken the time to check it out myself yet. 

It still needs refinement and is not working perfectly for everybody yet. I still have an issue with OBS in combination with upscaling switched on. With the tempo that these devs are working on it I guess it will all be sorted out pretty soon.

To save yourself some time and get up to speed quickly start with reading this thread, great work by @edmuss

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

I saw via the M$F$ thread, the Toolkit developer is planning to include further perf measures into an upcoming release.  cool beans!

Edited by javelina1
  • Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

4 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

Hi Guys,

Some observations:

No worries buddy, we appreciate all of your contributions and hard work here!  If given the choice of flying or testing, I'd take flying too!  Whenever you manage to get that valuable currency freed up (time), we know you'll share.  All I can say is OpenXR & Toolkit are awesome. 

Thanks again SoH, your thread is legendary in this part of the woods!

• Thanks 2

On 2/18/2022 at 8:08 AM, speed-of-heat said:

More or less, clouds are high, water medium, I keep on going back snd forth on simplex & migoto and Clearwater/Kegetys & reshade 5. & with vrperfkit 140% in steam  & no MSAA and 100% and MSAAx2 … these are mostly “perf neutral” (ish) but finding the right quality of image… which is so personal… but I am tending towards the later… in each case.

could you share your migoto and reshade settings ? thanks

there isnt an easy way to do that, (that i know of), and i have just stopped using it for the moment