My 3090 Settings for my G2 (2.7.11)

speed-of-heat

10 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

i just go into Windows Update and ask for any new updates....

You think Windows update could be to blame? Interesting, sounds a bit far fetched but I'll take anything at this point I did defer it a couple of times and previously I tried to turn it off entirely. As an aside is there any way to force WMR to update, or is done through the cliff house? If I can't get it sorted I will probably do a complete clean reinstall of Windows, Steam and DCS World. 

Edited by Lurker

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

2 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

no i don't but someone else said to turn it off ... 

Okay thanks, it could very well be something like that as I did turn it off (and it somehow started up again a few weeks ago) so that could be part of it. Sorry to clutter up your thread like, I will stop posting here if you like. 

Edited by Lurker

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

..just an aside, you can prevent Windows update from downloading anything but critical updates by setting all your network connections as "metered connections"

settings | Network & Internet | Properties (for each connection) | Set as Metered Connection

Easy enough to flip on and off

• Thanks 1

RYZEN 5900X | 32GB | ASUS Strix RTX3090 | 500GB NVMe OS 1000GB NVMe DCS | Warthog HOTAS | HP Reverb G2 | VA & ViacomPRO

My DCS Apps:    Radio KAOS for DCS      KB Quick - Quick and Easy Kneeboards

hace 2 horas, Lurker dijo:

Sí, la captura de pantalla es después del bloqueo de SteamVR, el 35% es en realidad DCS World, que curiosamente no se bloquea después de que SteamVR falla, pero sigue funcionando a pesar de que el auricular deja de funcionar. 

Intentaré deshabilitar esos servicios si aparecen, aunque primero tendré que buscarlos en Google. Solo aparecen después de dicho accidente, por lo que creo que podrían ser la causa del horrible rendimiento / accidente.

*editar*

Encontré esta publicación, que recomienda deshabilitar el suavizado de movimiento en SteamVR. Podría intentar forzar la reproyección a través de WMR y deshabilitar el suavizado de movimiento a través de SteamVR.

The problem is with the Windows mixed Reality for SteamVR beta version 1.3.22, when using the WMR for SteamVR options or the SteamVR video options the motion reprojection mode / motion smoothing in AUTO, deactivated or force always does not fail.

The other option is to go back to the Release version of Windows Mixed reality for SteamVR 1.2.625, in this version no problem. At least for me and more people in my squad

Edited by Werewolf_fs
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for this detailed write-up - I have a similar system (3090, 5900x, 32gb, Reverb G2) and basically followed your guide 100%. I have no problem maintaining a locked 45fps with low gpu/cpu times. Game play is smooth and enjoyable! The only thing that bothers me - and I'd like to know if you have the same issue - is the damn shimmering!!! For example, when on the carrier, the lines towards the back, the writing on the control deck, all like a shimmering mess. I hope you know what I'm referring to, because shimmering is the only word I can think of the properly describe it 😄 It seems to be mostly close up? Zooming in on things or looking out at the scenery in flight doesn't really seem to have this problem - it is primarily when you are like just starting up and looking around on the ground. Thoughts?

I am running:

100% Steam Gen, 80% per eye res

Same in-game settings as your screenshot

Clear Water 

F14 lux cockpit 

OpenVR mod with .80 scale and 1.0 sharpening

Thanks for any input you might have!

PC: ASUS TUF 4090oc - Ryzen 7950X3D - 32gb DDR5 6000 - Quest Pro

Sims: DCS, IL2, MSFS

Pilot Skill: Drunk guy from Independence Day

RIO Skill: Goose (post neck-break) 

12 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:

try setting sharpness to 0.0

No dice - I actually didn't see a difference either way, which I find odd in and of itself. I assume you don't have this shimmering I am referring to? 

there is some, but i find it acceptable ... are you using the Reshade mod?

aka sharper eye

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Ah, ok - I can live with it as well, I just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something, since not having it would be ideal 😄 Not using Reshade per your guide. 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2021 at 1:02 PM, speed-of-heat said:

Steam vr, hasn’t changed that much, go to your pc screen, steamvr is usually minimised on the task bar.

Bear in mind that the G2 defaults to 150% of an Already upscaled resolution so it’s going to hurt in dcs…

X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MixedRealityVRDriver\bin\win64\OpenVRSettingsUX.exe

For the wmr for steamvr settings

This is something new for me. Up to now, I thought I understood about PD in DCS as well as the SteamVR settings->graphics->per app settings slider.

But this control panel has me confused.

This is my default.

Capture.PNG

So what should I set this to? 

Edited by skypickle
sp

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

Thank you. I did that as well as adding Kegety's mod.

Running 10700k @5ghz, 32 gig ram and 3090.

These are my settingsScreen_210909_131231.png

dcssteam0.JPG

dcssteam.JPG

I am getting 15ms frame time GPU  and fpsVR is orange. My DCS graphics settings are set to 2560x1440 . As you can see my pixel density is 0.8 and custom resolution multiplier is 68%. Isnt my fps frame time too high?

BTW I discovered that the G2 has to plugged in to the second display port. If it is in the third position with two monitors connected, I continually get 'window out of focus errors'

I will always recommend leaving the PD at 1.0, and just change the CRM ... your pixels is very high for running at 68% set your general resolution to 100% which should be 3168 x 3096

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Same shimmering (twinkle) phenomenon as dirty like 0330 mainly visible on fast mission F18 ready on ramp on ground. Looking other ac or building at mid distance or even in the HUD lines are like if no AA was applied au the long distance display glitter like a Christmas tree ….

10700k 32Go NVME SSD 1Tb AMD6900XT reverb G2

on flight it is not really disturbing but on carrier or ground it destroy the display

1 minute ago, Swson said:

Same shimmering (twinkle) phenomenon as dirty like 0330 mainly visible on fast mission F18 ready on ramp on ground. Looking other ac or building at mid distance or even in the HUD lines are like if no AA was applied au the long distance display glitter like a Christmas tree ….

on flight it is not really disturbing but on carrier or ground it destroy the display

i have absolutely no idea what you are saying. Is there a shimmer, yes,  use MSAA if you dont like it.

23 minutes ago, Swson said:

This is well reported and seems to be exacerbated by the new clouds/lighting. As @speed-of-heat says MSAA will provide some relief, but even a 4X (which is heavy on the rest of the system) it is still present....

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

what is interesting, at least to me is i dont get that twinkle on trees anymore, which i think was a recent fix in the patch notes last month 

• Like 1

@speed-of-heat

23 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

I will always recommend leaving the PD at 1.0, and just change the CRM ... your pixels is very high for running at 68% set your general resolution to 100% which should be 3168 x 3096

ok..my PD is set to 1.o

My general resolution in the game is set to 2560x1440

Or are u talking about a 'different' general resolution?

My per application SteamVR video settings for 'WindowsMixedReality for SteamVR is default (3856x3780) 100%

image.png

My per application SteamVR video settings for 'DCS' is 3180x3116 when set to 68%.

image.png

At 100% it is 3856x3780

How do you get your general resolution to 100% and 3168 x 3096?

I must be missing a setting somewhere. I went through your whole guide again, even creating the registry key DCS.exe with the subkey PerfOptions with the DWORD entries as you described.

Are you enabling the bottom drop down of 'Override World Scale'?

edit: Well, I went to SteamVR settings-> Video and set Render Resolution to custom and then set it 50% (2228x2180) since the G2 only has 2160 pixels. That puts me at 70 fps with a frametime around 11ms (fpsVR stays in the orange)

Edited by skypickle

Hi

thanks for your awesome topic. I have a reverb G1 with 6900XT and I have a new problem on DCS (I used to play without problem 6 month ago but I made a pause) : even in LOW setting in F16 free flight mission I have 30 fps on fpsVR.

I use my HMD with The lab for example, 90fps no problem.

I deleted saved game folder, restart my HMD and computer, no effect. Any idea how to search and find the problem ?

THanks

Sorry if this sounds harsh or rude, but this thread is already very detailed and long, and is supposed to be a "getting the best from your G2 and 3090" type affair. Whilst I appreciate the topics that are covered here span far more than those specific hardware and associated software elements, adding additional troubleshooting type questions is probably going to dilute its usefulness going forward, and make it somewhat difficult to navigate. After following this excellent guide  if you’re still having issues I’d suggest creating a new thread in the VR section explaining the issues in detail and perhaps paying reference to this thread. I'm sure there's lots of people that will be willing to help....

Edited by zildac
  • Like 4

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

6 hours ago, skypickle said:

@speed-of-heat

ok..my PD is set to 1.o

My general resolution in the game is set to 2560x1440

Or are u talking about a 'different' general resolution?

My per application SteamVR video settings for 'WindowsMixedReality for SteamVR is default (3856x3780) 100%

image.png

My per application SteamVR video settings for 'DCS' is 3180x3116 when set to 68%.

image.png

At 100% it is 3856x3780

How do you get your general resolution to 100% and 3168 x 3096?

I must be missing a setting somewhere. I went through your whole guide again, even creating the registry key DCS.exe with the subkey PerfOptions with the DWORD entries as you described.

Are you enabling the bottom drop down of 'Override World Scale'?

edit: Well, I went to SteamVR settings-> Video and set Render Resolution to custom and then set it 50% (2228x2180) since the G2 only has 2160 pixels. That puts me at 70 fps with a frametime around 11ms (fpsVR stays in the orange)

I leave world scale set to OFF as per my guide.

your resolution in Steam is set to what is close to 150% for me  

image.png

as you can see... 

Global Illumination ON or OFF? Anyone test this, recommendations? (The cockpit seems to look slightly better with ON although I have no idea what this setting really does)