Hercules crashes DCS

badhorse

I watched the Grim Reapers videos on the C-130 Hercules and decided I wanted to give it a try. I download it (ver. 5.9) and put it in my Mod/Aircraft folder. I started a quick mission with the airplane sitting on the ramp so I could go through the cold starting procedure. The airplane spawned on the ramp and I was sitting in the pilot's seat. Then DCS crashed. Tried it again with the same results. I am not running the Steam version or the beta version of DCS. Just downloaded it from their website. I also installed the A-4 mod which works just fine.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

It's happened to me 2-3 times - with v.5.9 as well as with the latest version. But usually, after DCS restarts, I jump into the same mission and I have no issues. The aircraft is so much fun that, for me, it's worth suffering through an occasional crash. But if your installation crashes over and over, I can see how this can be very frustrating. You should probably provide your system specs and any info on the crash you have available to the developers, so they can look into solving the problem.

I thought 5.9 was the current version?  In any case I tried it again. This time I went to the mission editor. Created a small mission and clicked on the go fly button. The same thing happened. The airplane spawned on the ramp as instructed and I am sitting in the pilot seat, and DCS crashes. I tried it twice in a roll with the same results. I am really at a loss as to what is causing this. 

12 minutes ago, badhorse said:

I thought 5.9 was the current version?  In any case I tried it again. This time I went to the mission editor. Created a small mission and clicked on the go fly button. The same thing happened. The airplane spawned on the ramp as instructed and I am sitting in the pilot seat, and DCS crashes. I tried it twice in a roll with the same results. I am really at a loss as to what is causing this. 

are you on the Steam version of DCS? If so, be sure to click the appropriate check box in the specials tab under the Hercules section. We have it on our server, and a couple people, including me, were able to spawn in it and fly.

No.  I am not on the Steam version. To be honest, I don't know what that is. I just downloaded DCS World from their website.  But as to your suggestion, I have tried it both ways. With that check box checked and with it unchecked. They both crashed. 

It just got more weird.  I did find a newer version of the Hercules, the Super Hercules.  So I downloaded and installed it plus a livery pac.  I spawned on the ramp and waited for the crash, but it didn't happen! Yet.   So I started up the engines, taxied out, took off, flew around the pattern and landed. When I came to a stop on the runway. I was feeling pretty good. Thought my problem was solved. I clicked to exit and DCS crashed. At least I got to flew the darn thing. The livery's seem to work fine.

My original problem was with version 5.9. When I found out there was a newer version (6.1) I down loaded that one.  At first I thought that cured my problem. Under 5.9 I would spawn on the ramp sitting in the pilot's seat. DCS then crashed. After down loading 6.1 I was able to start the aircraft, taxi, takeoff, and land without issue. But when I clicked to end the flight, DCS crashed. I then added the C-130 to an existing mission where I had been flying the F-18. I again flew the C-130, this time starting in the air. I dropped paratroopers on an airfield and then landed. As soon as I ended the mission, DCS crashed.  My last attempt was a new mission. I air spawned a couple of 4 ship groups of C-130s. Took off in the F-18 and went hunting. I intercepted the C-130s and fired a missile. As soon as a C-130 got hit, DCS crashed. I also down loaded a livery pac which worked fine. I have attached the latest log file.

dcs.log-20210105-011241.zip

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hallo, ich habe folgendes Problem.
Ich kann den Herkules Ver. 6.5 nicht über den Missionseditor verwenden. Sie ist nicht auf der Liste. Als ich heute DCS startete, erhielt ich die Meldung: Eine Autorisierung ist gültig. Die folgenden DLCs sind nicht autorisiert und werden deaktiviert.
Was habe ich falsch gemacht?

Siggi

Edited by Resistor (Siggi)

• 9 months later...

wrong installation folder (you put it into DCS Main folder), you should put it into \User\You\Saved games\DCS World\mods\aircraft

Regards / Grüße

Neo

-- Core i7 2600 @4,5 GHz | ASRock P67 Professional | 16 GB RAM | GeForce RTX 2070 | SB X-Fi | 250 GB SSD + 1 GB SSD + 2 TB HD | WIN 10 Pro | TM Warthog | VPC WarBRD base | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip | WINWING F/A-18 H.O.T.A.S | MFG Crosswind | TIR5 | HELIOS --