JTAC/Buddy Lasing with BRM Rockets but without Pod?

Mirknir

Hello

I've noticed that laser guided rockets require the pod to be there and tracking something to be able to fire but it doesn't require the pod to lase.

Once fired, the rockets will guide to any laser they found (with the right code).

In my screenshots, you can see my rockets hitting the ship lased by the JTAC while my pod is just there, tracking an area and not lasing.

Why is the Pod required since it doesn't do anything for a buddy lasing except allow the rockets to fire?

Is this a real limitation?

Is there an override for me to fire laser guided rockets on a buddy laser without having the pod like I can bombs?

I feel I am this close to being able to do it 😔

Thanks

1-Buddy_Lasing.jpg

2-Buddy_Lasing.jpg

3-Buddy_Lasing.jpg

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

The BRMs need a target designation for launch authorization. A different way to do it that doesn’t require your own TGP would be to set HUD as SOI and put the designator in the general area of your target. Or using the ground radar to designate a point can also work. 

16 hours ago, Mustang25 said:

The BRMs need a target designation for launch authorization. A different way to do it that doesn’t require your own TGP would be to set HUD as SOI and put the designator in the general area of your target. Or using the ground radar to designate a point can also work. 

Thanks, I tried and it's working.

A first, I setup a waypoint on the target and made it the current one but I guess it's not officially a SPI but setting a SPI with the HUD worked.

Yay!

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread