New F-14 model released!

BadgerDK

Majesco, you are a mind reader lol,

I was just looking at that skin and wondering if it would be possible to skin the F-14D with Bossi's skin or similar a dirty skin almost, Great minds think alike lol. at the moment I'm making a mission with both versions of the F-14 and the new Mod looks to 'clean' if you know what I mean.

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

Rattler, please can you send me an 1.02 meinit.xml? my mail is csocsesz @ chello dot hu . I try to make an 1.02 version.

e-mail on the way. Really appreciate your time and help.:thumbup: It's a pleasure to meet you Sir_Trooper!!!!!

Edited by rattler

No problems Rattler. :)I havent got 1.02, and dont know if it is working, but please can you test this? Please make backups before.

No problem my friend, will give her a go very soon.Again really appreciate the help!!!:thumbup:

Just gave it a try. Loaded game but would not recognize the MEINT.xml file. Good effort, I see what you were trying to do.

In previous try on my own I changed the .lom to F-18A made shape f-18a ,name F-18D, everything worked but would not recognize joy stick when it came to takeoff. Started in the air but it would not recognize the joystick, just crashed to the ground. Might have to have an .xml for F14 and one for F18 because they both use the su-33 and the f18 moddifies a lot of the su-33 files in Bazar/world/shapes. I think I see what you are trying to do so I am going to see if I can mess with your .xml and see if I can get it to work. May not be able to have both A/C in same .xml file.

No joy getting it to work. Thanks for the try.

Edited by rattler

I have a bit of a problem with the arresting hook, it works on the su - 33 but not on the tomcat.

Note : I installed the model over the ai F-14a not su-33

To INVENT an Airplane is Nothing.

To BUILD One is Something.

But to FLYis EVERYTHING.

- Otto Lilienthal

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Tomcat is a non-flyable aircraft (just an AI plane) so you won't make the cable arrestor work as on the Su-33

Hi: Just a question. the v1.02 VFA 204 F-18 works to perfection, arrestor hook , folding wings, etc. That was also an AI A/C and please correct me if I am wrong. It uses ths su-33 but most su-33 files have been modded. In that case the Tomcat could be made to work. Am I wrong? Now not saying it won't take a lot of work but if F18 can be done, maybe the F14 can also be done. What do you think?:thumbup:

hehe, the v1.02 VFA 204 F-18 mod is a flyable mod for the Su-33, it'll use all functions of Su-33 such as folding wings, arrestor hook... because you're running the Su-33.

With the F-14D mod for AI F-14A, it's not the mod for flyable plane, it's just replace the F-14D hi-def model for the old one - a non-flyable aircraft in LO

So you just have Human Cockpit changed from No to Yes in Meinit, you really don't control a flyable aircraft

hehe, the v1.02 VFA 204 F-18 mod is a flyable mod for the Su-33, it'll use all functions of Su-33 such as folding wings, arrestor hook... because you're running the Su-33.

With the F-14D mod for AI F-14A, it's not the mod for flyable plane, it's just replace the F-14D hi-def model for the old one - a non-flyable aircraft in LO

So you just have Human Cockpit changed from No to Yes in Meinit, you really don't control a flyable aircraft

Sorry for the stunned questions. there is a Tomcat mod available that uses the su-33. It's on lockonfiles. If I wanted to fly the Tomcat oh, it's a v1.1 download. Rats. Well if someone got the f18 flying in v1.02 maybe someone might take a crack at the Tomcat. At least the F-18 is a blast to fly. Love those carrier landings. Thanks for your help. Appreciated. Maybe sometime someone will tackle a v1.02 for the Tomcat. Cheers.:thumbup:

BadgerDK, will we have a dirty hi-res skin pack for the Tomcat model ?

Well, its 2048x2048 already, 5 BMPs. How high do you wanna go? :music_whistling:

I expect you guys to come up with all the fancy stuff. I know there are some heads out there that are waaay better than I at this - Im waiting to see what they will do.

I am working on our (the VNAO) textures and improving on them as we go along. But for those, you will have to come and fly navy - so far ;)

We have four birds already: Black Lions, Tophatters, Grim Reapers and Jolly Rogers. In a few hours we will have the VF-51 too. And next week the VX-4. Those are the CAG birds. We will have low-vis versions of those too.

And our F-18 is a WIP, getting there steadily.

Edited by BadgerDK

Lovely Mod by the way

but when i installed it the afterburner textures disapperaed for all the other aircraft.

Any info would be appreciated.

I did install it as an AI replacment though

But to FLYis EVERYTHING.

- Otto Lilienthal

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

k thx

but did the VNAO forsag.lom over wright the orginal fosag.lom or was there none in the begining in whotch case i should just delete it?

EDIT : Nevermind Got it Working

Edited by Zulu

But to FLYis EVERYTHING.

- Otto Lilienthal

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, this mod is truly awesome. Even in beta, I'm floored at how much fun this Tomcat is to fly. I've been bagging traps for about the past hour. I really can't wait to see this mod when it's finished.

Quick question: How can I have this mod installed along with the A-10 and Walmis' F-15C models also?

Thanks!

"When you're out of Tomcats, you're out of fighters!"

helk.gif