BUG - DLC Toggle and Thumbwheel

P0G0

Hi and Happy new year for all

I repport a bug about "DLC Toggle" and "DLC Thumbwheel".

On ground with flaps down we cannot use this commands like in startup procedure.

Regards

Tower : IN WIN D-Frame Red - Watercooling : EKWB (CM, CPU, CG) - Alim : Corsair RM1000x - CM : Asus Maximus XI Formula - CPU : Intel i9 9900K 5.1Ghz - CG : Asus Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080Ti Strix OC 11Go - RAM : DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 64Go 3000Mhz - Windows 10 64 - DD System : 1To (2 SSD PCIe M.2 NvMe Samsung 970 Pro 500Go RAID 0) - Hotas : Virpil V.F.X Grip, MongoosT 50CM2 Throttle - Rudder : Thrustmaster TPR - VR Headset : HP Reverb - Monitor : Asus ROG PG348Q - Keyboard, Mouse : Steelseries

we are not talking about the same thing.

You talk about "Antiskid & Spoiler BK". That is OK.

Tower : IN WIN D-Frame Red - Watercooling : EKWB (CM, CPU, CG) - Alim : Corsair RM1000x - CM : Asus Maximus XI Formula - CPU : Intel i9 9900K 5.1Ghz - CG : Asus Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080Ti Strix OC 11Go - RAM : DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 64Go 3000Mhz - Windows 10 64 - DD System : 1To (2 SSD PCIe M.2 NvMe Samsung 970 Pro 500Go RAID 0) - Hotas : Virpil V.F.X Grip, MongoosT 50CM2 Throttle - Rudder : Thrustmaster TPR - VR Headset : HP Reverb - Monitor : Asus ROG PG348Q - Keyboard, Mouse : Steelseries

It is correct now, you just dont understand how it is supposed to work. On the ground with flaps deployed, engage the spoiler brake, advance throttles slighty to make them retract then THEN engage DLC - you will clearly see it engage. Now, I dont know if the stabilator shift is still present.

Edited by Skysurfer

50 minutes ago, Skysurfer said:

It is correct now, you just dont understand how it is supposed to work. On the ground with flaps deployed, engage the spoiler brake, advance throttles slighty to make them retract then THEN engage DLC - you will clearly see it engage. Now, I dont know if the stabilator shift is still present.

Do you have any evidence to back up your statement?

2 hours ago, P0G0 said:

we are not talking about the same thing.

You talk about "Antiskid & Spoiler BK". That is OK.

yeah dude the “Antiskid & Spoiler break” needs to be set to either “Both” or “Spoiler Bk” for for the DLC to operate. 

7 minutes ago, Skysurfer said:

14A natops and youtube vids of tomcat ground startups.

Then show/tell us the exact paragraph(s) please. 

2 minutes ago, Q3ark said:

yeah dude the “Antiskid & Spoiler break” needs to be set to either “Both” or “Spoiler Bk” for for the DLC to operate. 

And that is just plain false.

Just now, Golo said:

Then show/tell us the exact paragraph(s) please. 

And that is just plain false.

I’m no Tomcat pilot and I’ve never read the natops, I’m just stating how it seems to currently function in DCS. No sense in arguing about it with me pal. 

3 minutes ago, Q3ark said:

I’m no Tomcat pilot and I’ve never read the natops, I’m just stating how it seems to currently function in DCS. No sense in arguing about it with me pal. 

Well, that is the point of this BUG report, because according to NATOPS it now functions incorrectly.

7 minutes ago, Golo said:

Well, that is the point of this BUG report, because according to NATOPS it now functions incorrectly.

I don’t believe I stated anywhere that what I described was the correct procedure, only that it is a procedure that currently allows people to test the function of the DLC.

6 hours ago, Skysurfer said:

14A natops and youtube vids of tomcat ground startups.

Neither the AFCS -AAA1 nor the DFCS -AAP1 mention spoiler brakes switch as a requirement for DLC to operate on the ground. The shore-based flight controls check procedure also does not mention any manipulation of the spoiler brakes switch for the DLC check.

The spoilers are checked after the DLC. In this video you can see DLC popping independently of the other spoilers. So again, the current behavior is INCORRECT.

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD