Help with radio channels needed!

LotusDragon

I don't know if it's just my fault or if it is a bug. When I want to select the radio preset channels with the UFC it is not working.

When I select the channel with step up/down or I type in the channel number than the frequency is displayed below, but it is not used to transmit/receive. 

To make it work I have to type in the whole frenquency manually and confirm with enter every time I want to change it.

What am I doing wrong? Does somebody else have the same problem?

the step up/down do not change the channel for me either... but!  if you just click the number you want on the ICP for the preset, say 8, then hit the enter button on ICP it will select the preset for you...

Edited by pchRage

Instead of typing in the whole frequency, just type the preset number.  That works for me, but it's a weird way for it to work. 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

If you have radio frequencies in channels, the easy way is just to run the radio in channel mode.

To switch modes, hit the COM button on the ICP, then Enter. You'll now see a channel number rather than a frequency on the main page of the DED for that radio. You can now dobber down to the channel number and increment and decrement it just like the steerpoint number without needing to go back into the COM page. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/5/2021 at 8:24 PM, Bunny Clark said:

If you have radio frequencies in channels, the easy way is just to run the radio in channel mode.

To switch modes, hit the COM button on the ICP, then Enter. You'll now see a channel number rather than a frequency on the main page of the DED for that radio. You can now dobber down to the channel number and increment and decrement it just like the steerpoint number without needing to go back into the COM page. 

I couldn't get the dobber channel selection to work.  I can scroll through channels, but pressing Enter does not select it, it just flashes like an erroneous input.

Edit: Figured it out.  I was trying to do it on the COM page.  I missed the part about "without needing to go back into the COM page."

Edited by Machalot

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

Hi all.

To use the radio:

1 Press COM 1 (works the same for COM2, but diferent freqs)

2 Enter a number between 1 and 20 an then ENT. You should have a channel selected. IF you wish a certain frequency, just type it, but you will be unable to use the up/down selector to change it; again type hole frequency.

3 Dubber left to go back to main DED page.

From now on:

1 To select another channel: dubber up or down until you see the up/down arrow in front of the desired radio. Select up or down with the selector and you should be able to change channels. You can always repeat steps 1-2 above described.

2 To change channel frequencyes: Press COM1 (or 2), dubber up/down until arrows are in front of the channel frequency (lowest line, if I recall it ok) and type the new one, plus ENT. Next time you select that precise channel you will tune the correct new freq.

Be aware of the freq range limitations: COM 1 are UHF (Uniform) (2XX.XXX or 3XX.XXX) and  COM 2 are VHF (Victor) (1XX.XX). If you enter a number out of the correct range, wou will get error and no change.

Hope this helped.

Saludos.

Saca111

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

The DED is a 5-line display. On the COM override pages the two lines (4 and 5) on the bottom aren't for tuning freq or preset. They are for editing the association of preset number with frequency. E.g. I want preset 11 to be 242.40. That doesn't make the radio tune preset 11 or 242.40. It just means when you tune the radio to preset 11 that preset 11 will be 242.20.

Tuning the radio is done by entering the desired preset or frequency on line 3.

Using the increment-decrement switch to change current radio preset is not done on the COM override page. Instead it is done on the "home" CNI page. The inc-dec arrows which initialize next to STPT cycle with DCS up/down through STPT, UHF, and VHF.  If the arrows are next to UHF (VHF) and the UHF (VHF) radio is set to a preset number (i.e. "6" and not a manual frequency e.g. "243.00") then inc-dec will cycle through preset numbers for the UHF (VHF) radio.

• Thanks 1