Sell me the Viper

twistking

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Sternzy:

Are you sure it is bound correctly and that your TMS Right bind has nothing else bound to it? You could try TMS Right to HUD scan in ACM mode or TMS Right to engage area track with TGP as SOI to verify other functions are working as intended.

*edit*

What I would try is deleting the TMS Right bind and then going back to the"all keybinds" or whatever in the dropdown. Then hit what was the TMS Right bind and see if anything highlights as being bound to it.

Very unlikely, but one other thing to check is that you aren't setting up your keybinds under the top far left drop down for "F-16C_50_easy". You want to be binding under "F-16C Sim"

No, I never bothered with Easy since I came from "that other sim" and I can confirm that the TMS works in other modes. TMS is a Dx mapping. It locks the first contact, then stops until you break lock with TMS down. Does it work for anyone of you in Open Beta? I think it's just buggy currently. 

On 1/17/2021 at 1:00 AM, TobiasA said:

Well, I did but I can't cycle targets with TMS right in TWS even with a newly created mission. Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug?

Yea TWS is pretty hit and miss at the moment. Just getting back into the Viper this week after a long break (am used to that 'other' sim, so the 'simplified' DCS Viper was annoying me).

I tried a Viper free fly instant action mission on Syria and there are 4 Vipers flying wide formation up to the Nth, and approaching them from behind I could TWS cycle 3 of the 4, but it refused to cycle to the fourth aircraft for some reason. You also need to give it a fair bit of time to build the TWS picture, then yea just TMS right to swap all tgts to system, then you can 'mostly' cycle through them. But sometimes TWS just doesn't work properly at all - usually when you have multiple bandits inbound and you are faffing trying to get TWS to work properly and end up in a dogfight. End of the day RL radars aren't perfect either, and if it isn't working you need to make the decision to move to something else.

What I miss most is the TTS and especially the Spotlight mode - but I guess they are coming in due course. CRUS ICP would be handy too...

• Like 1

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Hummingbird:

Faster at low AoA's? You mean straight line speed?

Nvm... I forgot I am not carrying the ECM pod 😵

And I just found out that the AB detent wasn't exactly on the mark, so I was on stage 1 AB. My fault.
Since the ECM pod adds a lot of drag, the performance seems reasonable. I'm just so used to carrying one... 🥴

Edited by TobiasA

On 1/25/2021 at 6:12 PM, TobiasA said:

Nvm... I forgot I am not carrying the ECM pod 😵

And I just found out that the AB detent wasn't exactly on the mark, so I was on stage 1 AB. My fault.
Since the ECM pod adds a lot of drag, the performance seems reasonable. I'm just so used to carrying one... 🥴

If you're ok with paying 80 bucks now and getting the full value a few years later you should buy it. If you want the full bang for your buck you have some time left.

It also depends what you would like to fly, if you just love the f16 just get that.

Honestly if you don't have the f18 or a10 and like to have lots of system implementations i would go for one of those.

Jf17 is pretty nice too. But the f16 is very nice to fly, very fast and agile. Great bvr beast, but has a lot missing and the problem is that you notice it.

vor 13 Minuten schrieb DoctorVixen:

If you're ok with paying 80 bucks now and getting the full value a few years later you should buy it. If you want the full bang for your buck you have some time left.

It also depends what you would like to fly, if you just love the f16 just get that.

Honestly if you don't have the f18 or a10 and like to have lots of system implementations i would go for one of those.

Jf17 is pretty nice too. But the f16 is very nice to fly, very fast and agile. Great bvr beast, but has a lot missing and the problem is that you notice it.

A-10C is a great module, but I'm not the typical tank buster or mud mover in a slow attack plane. I like mainly CAP's and Wild Weasel, and I like them fast. Paveways are great too.

JF-17 is not going to happen, just not my plane / nation even tho it looks well made, but the tiffy will be on the list as soon as it comes out. It's also not from ED, so we will probably see more progress on the tiffy. All those planes I'd like to fly are mainly just on the horizon to appear, the viper being one of them.

Hornet... Another EA module together with the one I already own? Just to own only two EA modules? No. If I'd have to choose between any module right now, it would be the Viggen (not sure about that one too, but I've heard only good things about it), F-14 or the persian gulf map.

Combined Arms is on the list of modules I watch as well, probably gonna get it but I can't say if it really is what I think it is.

A free to play month would be cool, I guess. Even without the discount. Would download viggen, F-14, combined arms and persian gulf in one night.

Don't get me wrong, I'd buy the viper again because... It's an F-16, and if DCS wouldn't have the F-16 I wouldn't have it on my hard disk. It would just be cool if it would get some love. I think they planned too much at the same time, and i won't be angry about it. That's the wrong approach, and if you moan about it or not doesn't change a thing. They realized it, but for now the hornet gets the love because of the new map and the supercarrier module.

"but for now the hornet gets the love because of the new map and the supercarrier module."

it's also first in line, so considering these things it does seem to make some sense and seems fair also.

It means waiting if u want to have the full viper now.

I hope new EA releases will have a bit more features where it's less noticeable that stuff is missing. So instead of modeling mandatory maverick alignments and tweaking shutdown sounds for EA releases we get updates that matter a bit more.

But i get why current choices are made. Viper is a lot of fun to fly as is, it can only get better.

depending on who you ask an incomplete viper is still better then no viper.

The f18 updates seem to go pretty fast, once they are done i think we will see more updates on the f16 that have a bit more impact.

Edited by DoctorVixen
  • Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 12:10 AM, taco3rd said:

ros: fast, great agility, awesome at BVR, decent dogfighter, multi-role so you're not a 1 dimensional a-a or a-g.

Damn, my heart is bleeding...

The plane designed as "the ultimate dogfighter" sinks that low.

But our late variant is some 2 tons heavier than F-16A having the same wing. So i guess it's as it is.

Oh man .... Lunar Sale is making it hard to resist picking this up!  First time I've seen this module on sale.  🤩

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

38 minutes ago, Mistermann said:

Oh man .... Lunar Sale is making it hard to resist picking this up!  First time I've seen this module on sale.  🤩

Just get it. You know you want to! 😉

Ryzen 9 3900X, Gigabyte X570 Master MB, Gigabyte RTX2080S, G.Skill Trident Z 32GB 3600Mhz, Corsair MP600 2TB M.2, Corsair MP510 1Tb M.2, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X case.

4 hours ago, Concentric Arc said:

Just get it. You know you want to! 😉

Guilty as charged.  

Purchased.  

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

On 1/19/2021 at 10:40 PM, VampireNZ said:

Yea TWS is pretty hit and miss at the moment. Just getting back into the Viper this week after a long break (am used to that 'other' sim, so the 'simplified' DCS Viper was annoying me).

I tried a Viper free fly instant action mission on Syria and there are 4 Vipers flying wide formation up to the Nth, and approaching them from behind I could TWS cycle 3 of the 4, but it refused to cycle to the fourth aircraft for some reason. You also need to give it a fair bit of time to build the TWS picture, then yea just TMS right to swap all tgts to system, then you can 'mostly' cycle through them. But sometimes TWS just doesn't work properly at all - usually when you have multiple bandits inbound and you are faffing trying to get TWS to work properly and end up in a dogfight. End of the day RL radars aren't perfect either, and if it isn't working you need to make the decision to move to something else.

What I miss most is the TTS and especially the Spotlight mode - but I guess they are coming in due course. CRUS ICP would be handy too...

I feel like something has improved though . I don't have to be super slow and careful anymore when moving bugged targets around in my radar beam. 
I can now bug a target and quite aggressively put it on the gimbal limit and it keeps the bug. 
It used to always drop the lock if i went half upside down and to the right or left, but no more. 

It's like they sprayed some WD40 in the gimbal motor or something. 

Edited by Csgo GE oh yeah

Am 5.2.2021 um 17:58 schrieb Mistermann:

I bought it in the winter sale, it was on sale back then. I must say that even if the viper is far from being finished, the level of detail in what is finished looks very promising.

Bought the syria map (before the sale, instead of persian gulf) and the viggen now. The viper on the syria map is an absolute beauty. It's like the map is made for the viper, fits like a glove.

That free to play time is a great thing. I already found some modules to purchase after I mastered the viggen 😎