Elevator Trim Stopped working.

cdrkrotchetyusn

• Instant Action Takeoff Caucasus
  • On climbout, reduced rpm to 2500, MP 45"
  • Trimming full nose up, 200kts, still needed heavy stick aft to keep from diving
  • observed pitch trim wheel moving with application of aft trim to the stop, off the stop with fwd trim, then back again to full aft, no change in aircraft response.  Still "nose heavy".

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Jafferson said:

Inversed key bindings?

Nope. I checked that, as well as checked to make sure that there wasn't another device with the same binding.

I was able to fix it with a complete reinstall from Steam. And when I say complete, I mean killing everything, including the files in the //Users/SavedGames/DCS folder. Of course this meant I had to reset all of my bindings for all my aircraft, but at least the Jug is flyable again.

Thanks for the reply!!

• 6 months later...

i don't use P47 because of the trim bug since day one. wheel turn in cockpit view with no in flight effect as  other modules does. 

MSFFB 2 here with FFB, but reading above, i think FFB is not the issue ... 

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

• 1 year later...

I have this issue as well.  Best I can recall it started somewhat recently.  Weirdly it affects all of the allied warbirds I've tried but insofar as I can tell only pitch trim.  Aileron and rudder trim both work as expected.  I've tried the Spit, 51 and 47 and they all seem to have the same issue. I use VKB stick through joystick gremlin.  I have also tried directly using keypresses, remapping joystick presses to the joystick buttons, and remapping a joystick axis to the trim wheel.  In all cases, you can watch the pitch trim wheel spin (or the indicator in spit) and there is no effect on the actual flight trim of the plane.  

Mission was free flight on Normandy instant action.

Elevator Issue.trk

I bet you have Force Feedback checked within the options misc tab. Turn it off and you can trim again.

Edited by RazorbackNL
  • Like 1

Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)  | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 4,5Ghz | 128Gb DDR4 3200Mhz | beQuiet! Dark Power 12 1200W | 2 x 2Tb M.2 Samsung SSD | 2 x 4 Tb M.2 Samsung SSD |  Aorus RTX3090 Xtreme 24Gb | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Quest 2 | VoiceAttack

Aviate Navigate Communicate