[Version 1.8 released] iPad application for displaying and interacting with UFCs: iUFCExport

Version 1.6 was release on the Apple AppStore.

It adds M2000C PCN

M2000C-PCN.png

• Like 2

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

• lwalter changed the title to [Version 1.6 released] iPad application for displaying and interacting with UFCs: iUFCExport

What should come next?

I'm thinking of counter measures panels, but please provide your suggestions.

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, this looks great and exactly what I was looking for. However I cannot find it in the App Store!!!!  Has something changed??

Cheers

SubseaUK

ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII HERO (wifi) motherboard ( latest bios etc )

Ryzen 9 3900x CPU

Corsair Domiinator Platinum 32 GB (4x8Gb ) 3600MHz RAM

EVGA Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 11Mb graphics card

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVME M.2( Boot up and main program storage )

Fractal S36 AIO CPU Cooler

Oculus Quest + LINK system

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + CH Rudder Pro

Aircraft: Gazelle, Huey, AV-8B, A10C, Spitfire

Scenery etc: Super carrier, Syria, Persian Gulf, A10C Trng Qual, Worlds apart Spring 2025,

Hi @subseauk

The AppStore link in my original post didn't change and it's still working for me.

You can also try this shortened URL: https://apps.apple.com/app/id1551491580 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I'm loving this app. Thank you. I do need a little help. I don't know much about editing script. I do have an export file in my saved games folder. The only line in there is for my Simshaker. So, I've added the lines from your export.lua file to the bottom of what was already there. The iUFCExport app works great but my Simshaker won't work. They both work but I can only get one working at a time. I 100% convinced I have the info in the export.lua written wrong. This is what I have:

local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua')
dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]])
local iUFClfs=require('lfs');
dofile(iUFClfs.writedir()..'Scripts/iUFCExport.lua')

With these four lines, the iUFCExport works great but no joy on the SimShaker. And if I only have the first two lines in the file, the SimShaker works fine. 

Edit* - I'm now thinking that the script in my Export.lua is fine and the issue is something in the iUFCExport.lua that conflicts and causes the SimShaker to not work...

Edited by Sarge_DL

On 10/17/2021 at 9:58 AM, lwalter said:

Hi @subseauk

The AppStore link in my original post didn't change and it's still working for me.

You can also try this shortened URL: https://apps.apple.com/app/id1551491580 

Thanks Iwalter, unfortunately it won't run on my iPad ( 4th Gen ) but I appreciate the help.

ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII HERO (wifi) motherboard ( latest bios etc )

Ryzen 9 3900x CPU

Corsair Domiinator Platinum 32 GB (4x8Gb ) 3600MHz RAM

EVGA Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 11Mb graphics card

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVME M.2( Boot up and main program storage )

Fractal S36 AIO CPU Cooler

Oculus Quest + LINK system

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + CH Rudder Pro

Aircraft: Gazelle, Huey, AV-8B, A10C, Spitfire

Scenery etc: Super carrier, Syria, Persian Gulf, A10C Trng Qual, Worlds apart Spring 2025,

On 11/3/2021 at 10:26 PM, Sarge_DL said:

Hi. I'm loving this app. Thank you. I do need a little help. I don't know much about editing script. I do have an export file in my saved games folder. The only line in there is for my Simshaker. So, I've added the lines from your export.lua file to the bottom of what was already there. The iUFCExport app works great but my Simshaker won't work. They both work but I can only get one working at a time. I 100% convinced I have the info in the export.lua written wrong. This is what I have:

local SimShakerlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/SimShaker.lua')
dofile(SimShakerlfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua]])
local iUFClfs=require('lfs');
dofile(iUFClfs.writedir()..'Scripts/iUFCExport.lua')

With these four lines, the iUFCExport works great but no joy on the SimShaker. And if I only have the first two lines in the file, the SimShaker works fine. 

Edit* - I'm now thinking that the script in my Export.lua is fine and the issue is something in the iUFCExport.lua that conflicts and causes the SimShaker to not work...

I can't check right now, but I'm wondering if you could change the order: first iUFCExport then SimShaker. Could you try and let me know if it changes anything?

14 hours ago, lwalter said:

I can't check right now, but I'm wondering if you could change the order: first iUFCExport then SimShaker. Could you try and let me know if it changes anything?

Yup. That worked. I have three commands in my Export.lua file now. Lines 1 & 2 are for my Winwing, Lines 3 & 4 are for iUFCExport, and lines 5 & 6 are for the SimShaker. I'm so happy to report all three items are running properly. 

Thank you!

export winner.jpg

8 hours ago, Sarge_DL said:

Yup. That worked. I have three commands in my Export.lua file now. Lines 1 & 2 are for my Winwing, Lines 3 & 4 are for iUFCExport, and lines 5 & 6 are for the SimShaker. I'm so happy to report all three items are running properly. 

Thank you!

export winner.jpg

I'm glad it worked. I read somewhere that the SimShaker export file doesn't play well with other export script and that it was better in general to put in at the end.

Hi, I have purchased the app and followed the instructions on github including setting up the firewall advanced settings for the inbound rule at 7677 and the outbound at 7676. The app will send instructions to DCS and I can see the change in the UFC on DCS. However, the app does not update to the display from DCS - not an issue in the F-16 but for the F/A-18 this is missing. I have changed theiUFCExport.lua to reflect the IP address for the computer as follows:

iUFCExport.HOST = "10.0.4.179" -- local network multicast IP address
--iUFCExport.HOST = "10.0.4.179" -- local network multicast IP address
iUFCExport.OUTBOUND_PORT = 7676 -- change this port if already taken. If you do that, don't forget to adjust the iPad application ports too.
iUFCExport.INBOUND_PORT = iUFCExport.OUTBOUND_PORT + 1

The PC IPv4 address is 10.0.4.179, the Default Gateway is 10.0.4.1 and the Subnet Mask is 255.255.255.0

Am I missing something in the configuration

Thanks

[Update}

Resolved changed the 10.0.4.179 to 10.0.4.255 in iUFCExport.lua and Network Configuration on the iPad config to 10.04.255 and all is now working inbound and outbound - thanks for a great tool 👍

Edited by Lynchsl62

PC: 9980XE @ 64GB RAM /2080Ti, Samsung C49RG90

Joystick bases: VKB GFIII, FSSB R3L, Brunner CLS-E, Virpil Mongoos CM2

Joystick grips: Realsimulator (F-18CGRH, F-16SGRH-CE), VKB (MCG Pro, F-14, KG-12), Virpil Warbrd

Throttles: Virpil CM2, Kantorrin,

Other: TrackIR, TM MFDx2 (Cubesim Screenx2), Virpil Control Panel 1

On 11/10/2021 at 6:38 PM, Lynchsl62 said:

Hi, I have purchased the app and followed the instructions on github including setting up the firewall advanced settings for the inbound rule at 7677 and the outbound at 7676. The app will send instructions to DCS and I can see the change in the UFC on DCS. However, the app does not update to the display from DCS - not an issue in the F-16 but for the F/A-18 this is missing. I have changed theiUFCExport.lua to reflect the IP address for the computer as follows:

iUFCExport.HOST = "10.0.4.179" -- local network multicast IP address
--iUFCExport.HOST = "10.0.4.179" -- local network multicast IP address
iUFCExport.OUTBOUND_PORT = 7676 -- change this port if already taken. If you do that, don't forget to adjust the iPad application ports too.
iUFCExport.INBOUND_PORT = iUFCExport.OUTBOUND_PORT + 1

The PC IPv4 address is 10.0.4.179, the Default Gateway is 10.0.4.1 and the Subnet Mask is 255.255.255.0

Am I missing something in the configuration

Thanks

[Update}

Resolved changed the 10.0.4.179 to 10.0.4.255 in iUFCExport.lua and Network Configuration on the iPad config to 10.04.255 and all is now working inbound and outbound - thanks for a great tool 👍

Sorry I missed you original question, but I'm glad you finally found a way to make it work! Enjoy!

Edited by lwalter

• 1 month later...

@lwalter

I have tried everything today to get this to work and I'm obviously doing something wrong!

I did initially edit the Export.LUA in the DCS World folder under program files, but soon realised the error and put everything back!

Anyway, my DCS World works fine after that error, and I have now installed the LUA files in the correct Saved Games>DCS area under Scripts, but I just cannot get the iPad to interface with my PC - and I have tried all of the options including the final one to set it to my iPad's IP address too. I have reinstalled twice now, both the lua files and the iPad App, and gone through all of the options again too.

The Inbound Port has been configured for 7676 and the Outbound for 7677.

I did notice in the original iUFCExport.lua file it stated 2x IP addresses of 224.0.0.1 as the "local network multicast IP address" and 192.168.86.33 as the "local network multicast IP address". I tried both of those too with the Config option on the iUFC App - neither worked.

Any ideas on where I'm going wrong? I use a wired ethernet connection - does it only work on WiFi? 

Cheers, Gaz

These are my config particulars:iUFC Config Particulars.png

Edited by Gazzer

3 hours ago, Gazzer said:

@lwalter

I have tried everything today to get this to work and I'm obviously doing something wrong!

I did initially edit the Export.LUA in the DCS World folder under program files, but soon realised the error and put everything back!

Anyway, my DCS World works fine after that error, and I have now installed the LUA files in the correct Saved Games>DCS area under Scripts, but I just cannot get the iPad to interface with my PC - and I have tried all of the options including the final one to set it to my iPad's IP address too. I have reinstalled twice now, both the lua files and the iPad App, and gone through all of the options again too.

The Inbound Port has been configured for 7676 and the Outbound for 7677.

I did notice in the original iUFCExport.lua file it stated 2x IP addresses of 224.0.0.1 as the "local network multicast IP address" and 192.168.86.33 as the "local network multicast IP address". I tried both of those too with the Config option on the iUFC App - neither worked.

Any ideas on where I'm going wrong? I use a wired ethernet connection - does it only work on WiFi? 

Cheers, Gaz

These are my config particulars:

@Gazzer

So far, I have only supported the configuration where both PC and iPad are on the same wifi network. 

It should work more generally if the PC and the iPad are part of the same local network, but there are so many different possible network configuration, depending on routers, on your Internet box, etc... Unfortunately, I don't have the time to support all these combinations out of the box.

Please message me your PC IP and your iPad IP. I may try to suggest you a way to connect them tomorrow, but I can't guarantee you anything.

• Like 1

Hi Luc

PM sent with thanks. That will be why I couldn’t get it working then as I use a wired Ethernet connection for my PC. I have sent you a PM with my IP addresses, if we can’t get it working I can try switching to WiFi (I’ll need to configure WiFi on my PC!).

It looks like an amazing App and I’m really keen to get it working. Having an ability to switch between UFCs is really great for those of us that use more than one aircraft type. The F15E expected from Razbam soon would also be a great addition.

Thanks again for the swift reply over Christmas.

Best, Gazzer

• 3 weeks later...

@Iwalter

I have downloaded the App and tried to get it working (I use an ethernet connection). I get the IPad showing the datas from DCS but inputs from IPad to DCS are not working (button press). Is it really only working with both devices connected to Wifi? I tried allready all the troubleshooting advices.

The APP looks awesome!

Daniel

Edited by vfighter
Name

On 1/14/2022 at 10:41 PM, vfighter said:

@Iwalter

I have downloaded the App and tried to get it working (I use an ethernet connection). I get the IPad showing the datas from DCS but inputs from IPad to DCS are not working (button press). Is it really only working with both devices connected to Wifi? I tried allready all the troubleshooting advices.

The APP looks awesome!

Daniel

@vfighter

if you can see the data from DCS, then you should also be able to send commands, even if you're mixing ethernet and wifi. The only constraint is to be on the same local network.

I noticed that I had a mistake in the firewall configuration documentation, where I inverted inbound and outbound port. I fixed that now. Please have a check here: https://github.com/wluc9875/iUFCExport-LuaScript#configure-windows-10-firewall and let me know if your iPad commands reach DCS.

Just found by chance this video suggested to me by YT. I was surprised to see it was a review of my application.

Thanks to the author for publishing it! (so much better than my own small, and old, video on YT)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

everything works almost fine!! Seriously thank you for this nice app.

the problem i have, is when i click on letter or digits, let say 2 on the ufc, it will write 22, looks like theres a double click! Do you think u can find a fix for that

thx Simon

Hello Luc, thank you for very useful app. I have just found it few days ago and I am really appreciating it.
Are you thinking of adding MFDs as well? That would be very handy, even without image outputs of FCR and TGP just as a controller input device... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2022 at 5:24 AM, Devils48 said:

Hello

everything works almost fine!! Seriously thank you for this nice app.

the problem i have, is when i click on letter or digits, let say 2 on the ufc, it will write 22, looks like theres a double click! Do you think u can find a fix for that

thx Simon

Hi Simon,

Do you have more details on how I could reproduce this issue? Is it for a specific plane?

Thanks

On 2/7/2022 at 10:32 PM, thrston said:

Hello Luc, thank you for very useful app. I have just found it few days ago and I am really appreciating it.
Are you thinking of adding MFDs as well? That would be very handy, even without image outputs of FCR and TGP just as a controller input device... 

At some point probably. It is possible for sure, but I try to find a way that makes it easy for the user, without the need for example to configure iPad as an external screen.

For the moment, I will focus more on adding countermeasures panels first, then weapon panels.

• lwalter changed the title to [Version 1.6.1 released] iPad application for displaying and interacting with UFCs: iUFCExport

Here's a teaser for the next update that is going to become available beginning of March on the App Store. 

No more a teaser: it was released today.

Here are my thoughts for upcoming releases. I don't yet which ones I'll tackle first:

- weapon panels

- FC3 panels (become clickable through the iPad)

- MFD contents (sometimes in the future, but not before I find a way that is efficient and easy to setup for streaming the video of the MFDs)

- maps (could actually be the next one, as it's very easy to add, and I've always wanted to follow my path on an actual map, like Google Maps)

- other? (it's up to you, users of iUFCExports, to give me suggestions)

CMS.png

Edited by lwalter
  • Like 2

• lwalter changed the title to [Version 1.7 released] iPad application for displaying and interacting with UFCs: iUFCExport

You can actually check the details of which buttons and displays work for each panel and how they work here: https://wluc9875.github.io/iUFCExport/