Different pilot voices

112th_Rossi

Yes this has been requested over and over again for DCS in general, over the past few years, yet there seems to be very little movement on that front - if any.
Especially the super deep male pilot voice that came with the supercarrier is very immersion breaking for us women 😞

• Like 2
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

On 1/8/2021 at 10:28 PM, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

Yes this has been requested over and over again for DCS in general, over the past few years, yet there seems to be very little movement on that front - if any.
Especially the super deep male pilot voice that came with the supercarrier is very immersion breaking for us women 😞

Absolutely agreed with the radio communication! Frankly the more voices, and the more diversified the voices are the better. DCS has had an attack of the clones vibe for ages and adding more voices, with more variety would be a massive step forwards and would be a marked improvement for everyone.

You mentioned the super deep pilot voice, I would argue it's immersion breaking as it is regardless, because it's only when talking to the carrier where this voice is present, for everything else it's a substantially different voice, it's like my pilot is 2 different people with 2 wildly differing voices, or that my pilot feels the need to put on a really deep voice when talking to the carrier; but worse is that the Tower (I guess airboss) voice sounds almost exactly the same.

The other sim has equal numbers of male and female voices, as well as having female AI entities such as other aircraft, ATC etc and much more variety overall - it's so much better than what we have currently in DCS.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.