This has happened a few times of late. When I land on the supercarrier, as the aircraft starts to roll back, the nose wheel lifts off the ground and get a tail strike. Also, the cable is stuck on the hook. I tried going full power then idle with the hook down and up. It just tail strikes again and I'm stuck on the runway. I forgot to save the trk file but next time I have it occur, I'll add it below.

INTEL i9 9900k @ 5Ghz, Asus Z390 strix ROG, 32gb 3200mhz Ram, Nvidia GTX 1080Ti, Corsair RM850i, Corsair H110i,, HP REVERB, Win 10 64bit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 minutes ago, Tholozor said:

Sounds like you have the Anti-Skid switch turned on, make sure it's off so the aircraft can roll backwards.

I'll give it a try tomorrow. Thanks for the reply. 

INTEL i9 9900k @ 5Ghz, Asus Z390 strix ROG, 32gb 3200mhz Ram, Nvidia GTX 1080Ti, Corsair RM850i, Corsair H110i,, HP REVERB, Win 10 64bit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all, so did some more testing. Added the trk file to show what i ment. The anti skid switch was set to off. Still did it. this happens as seen on the stennis and supercarrier.

F18c wire bug.trk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Turn on your controls indicator and you'll see for some reason you're getting a small amount of braking (not on hard, but definitely on).  Nose up like that is a classic symptom of having brakes ON after catching the wire (it's pulling you back and since the wheels can't turn the plane can move back so it's pulling the tail down/nose up, pivoting on the wheels).  As soon as I take control the brakes drop to zero.

And unrelated, this is EXACTLY why a track is so valuable even on something that's seems easily reproducable.  I'll almost guarantee if asked the OP would have said they weren't touching the brakes (and may not really have been).  So thanks for providing the track OP!

Edited by rob10

Thanks for the info guys. I'll do that. I always have my feet on my pedals. I have a deadzone but maybe I'll look at increasing it to allow for foot pressure.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]