NEW Charles de Gaulle 2022 Version 003 for 2.7.14 by Cuesta brothers industrie

Hi All, I tweaked the parking spots on the empty deck version of the R91 'Charles de Gaulle' carrier, so that now 5 aircraft can park correctly on the aft deck. Two of the parking spots are located on the forward lift behind the island. See the screenshot below. I also slightly increased the speed of the aircraft going to the parking spots on the deck after recovery in order to avoid wave-offs of the following recovering aircraft. Hope we can have now more realistic carrier ops with the R91. This is still WIP. Tested OK with the SEM, and currently being tested with the Rafale. Fly low 😜

R91_220305.jpg

Screen2_220305.jpg

Edited by toan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Hi Cao, attached is my LUA file for the clean deck variant of the R91 'Charles de Gaulle' carrier, with 5 correct parking spots. This is still WIP, not yet fully tested for the Rafale and mix with SEM aircraft (see screenshot below). But it's well on its way to completion. I hope to find later the way to define 5 more parking spots on the forward deck, where there is a lot of free space 😋 Fly low... 😜

Screen_220305.jpg

Charles deGaulle.lua

Edited by toan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ejection position modification:

{{-14.00,  16.25, -19.50},       359.00,                    135.0,               25.0,     0, 2.5, 2.8, 3.0, 3.0, 3.2, 3.5},              
      {{0.00,    16.25, 25.50},        356.00,                    90.3,               25.0,     0, 2.5, 2.8, 3.0, 3.0, 3.2, 3.5}, 

Hi, I didn't modify the catapult launch coordinates at all. This is not the goal of my update 😀 I don"t have your parking positions either on my R91 carrier for recovering aircraft in all of my tests. 🤔 They don't correspond to the updated coordinates of the new parking slots 😬 see my screenshots below with 4 parked AI Rafale defined in the ME. They recovered on the carrier and parked corrctly as shown 😀 You need the last R91 'Charles de Gaulle'  update, version 003, for DCS 2.7.1, for this to work 😀 Fly low...

Screen_220306.jpg

Screen_220306_.jpg

Edited by toan

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bonsoir, 

j'ai une petite question toute bête, j'ai bien essayé de chercher avant pour ne pas vous faire perdre votre temps, mais rien.....

je n'arrive pas à bloquer le train du Rafale dans la catapulte, quand je mets les gaz il avance. J'ai testé avec un Hornet et là, cela fonctionne, mise de gaz et déclenchement de la catapulte.

j'ai du rater un truc mais là pour le moment c'est la cata 😂

Merci d'avance.

The Jab

On 4/27/2022 at 6:10 PM, The_Jab said:

Bonsoir, 

j'ai une petite question toute bête, j'ai bien essayé de chercher avant pour ne pas vous faire perdre votre temps, mais rien.....

je n'arrive pas à bloquer le train du Rafale dans la catapulte, quand je mets les gaz il avance. J'ai testé avec un Hornet et là, cela fonctionne, mise de gaz et déclenchement de la catapulte.

j'ai du rater un truc mais là pour le moment c'est la cata 😂

Merci d'avance.

The Jab

Oui ne vous inquiétez pas le rafale apponte mais n'est plus catapultable et oui c'est la cata, c'est la cata c'est la catapulte 🤣

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Passion

18 hours ago, Patrick56 said:

Oui ne vous inquiétez pas le rafale apponte mais n'est plus catapultable et oui c'est la cata, c'est la cata c'est la catapulte 🤣

Bonjour, ha ok, c'est pas une cata, quand on le sait😂, c'est un super mod surtout, je n'avais jamais apponté dessus, c'est là que l'on s'aperçois de la différence de gabarit avec les bâtiments américains  🥴

bonne continuation à vous.

On 3/6/2022 at 4:22 PM, toan said:

Hi Cao, attached is my LUA file for the clean deck variant of the R91 'Charles de Gaulle' carrier, with 5 correct parking spots. This is still WIP, not yet fully tested for the Rafale and mix with SEM aircraft (see screenshot below). But it's well on its way to completion. I hope to find later the way to define 5 more parking spots on the forward deck, where there is a lot of free space 😋 Fly low... 😜

Screen_220305.jpg

Charles deGaulle.lua 20.07 kB · 44 downloads

🥲

Hello Toan, could you do this for the Clemenceau too? Now when one Super Etendard lands it blocks the deck and all others wave off.  🥲

Edited by roobarbjapan

Hi roobarb, I've only managed to modify 3 parking spots for the Clemenceau so far, on or near the aft elevator. The space is very limited at the aft of the island, and I haven't tried to use the forward deck spots, which would be much more convenient. Attached is my updated taxi and routes. It's far from perfect, but it helps avoidng wave-offs for recovering aircraft. However, due to the unknowm AI behavior, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.... 😀 Included in the attached file, I've also modified the helicopter landing spot, moving it forward on the deck😉 Fly low...

Screen_220307n.jpg

Screen_220307.jpg

TaxiRoutesClemenceau.txt

Edited by toan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/1/2022 at 10:48 PM, toan said:

Hi roobarb, I've only managed to modify 3 parking spots for the Clemenceau so far, on or near the aft elevator. The space is very limited at the aft of the island, and I haven't tried to use the forward deck spots, which would be much more convenient. Attached is my updated taxi and routes. It's far from perfect, but it helps avoidng wave-offs for recovering aircraft. However, due to the unknowm AI behavior, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.... 😀 Included in the attached file, I've also modified the helicopter landing spot, moving it forward on the deck😉 Fly low...

Screen_220307n.jpg

Screen_220307.jpg

TaxiRoutesClemenceau.txt 1.93 kB · 2 downloads

Thank you sir! You are a true gentleman!

It's my pleasure, roobarb ! 😀 I'm still currently tweaking the routes and parking spots file trying to improve it, because when the aircraft stop at the parking spots, the pilots step down on the deck in front of it, and remain there for 5 minutes, sometimes engaging (aka, 'fooling') the deck. This unfortunately means wave-offs for the next recovering aircraft during 5 long minutes, which is quite unrealistic... 😉  I'll keep you informed 🙂 Fly low...

Edited by toan
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2022 at 12:14 AM, toan said:

It's my pleasure, roobarb ! 😀 I'm still currently tweaking the routes and parking spots file trying to improve it, because when the aircraft stop at the parking spots, the pilots step down on the deck in front of it, and remain there for 5 minutes, sometimes engaging (aka, 'fooling') the deck. This unfortunately means wave-offs for the next recovering aircraft during 5 long minutes, which is quite unrealistic... 😉  I'll keep you informed 🙂 Fly low...

Hello Toan, I have a small update for the Etendard, I managed to get the AI to fold their wings after landing and spawn with wings folded! Hopefully this helps with parking and routing! 😉

ETENDARD_IV.lua SEM.lua

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey roobarb, I've been waiting for a long time for the SEM folding wings, thanks 😉 Here is a screenshot taken on the R98 Clemenceau  of AI SEM after recovery 😀 One question puzzles me : how did you manage to get those wings to fold, and the pilots not stepping down on the deck after recovery ? 🤔 Excellent job, indeed ! 😃 Fly low...

Screen_220608_SEM.jpg

Edited by toan

19 hours ago, toan said:

Hey roobarb, I've been waiting for a long time for the SEM folding wings, thanks 😉 Here is a screenshot taken on the R98 Clemenceau  of AI SEM after recovery 😀 One question puzzles me : how did you manage to get those wings to fold, and the pilots not stepping down on the deck after recovery ? 🤔 Excellent job, indeed ! 😃 Fly low...

Screen_220608_SEM.jpg

Hello Toan, sometimes model don’t have animations, however in this case I knew the wing fold animation was available because the flyable version lets you fold the wings. This told me it was a code problem! So I compared this mods lua file with other mods and found some code missing. By trial and error I added in the extra animation code and it worked! I left out some of the code hoping it would stop the pilot getting out and it seems to have worked too! I am not a coder at all but I enjoying looking in the lua files to see how things work. 😉 Try try and try again 😂

• Like 2

• Patrick56 changed the title to NEW Charles de Gaulle 2022 Version 003 for 2.7.14 by Cuesta brothers industrie
  • 4 months later...