Shadows and clouds to see only on one eye

A.F.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2021 at 12:36 PM, flusim3 said:

For example, I placed some of the deck crew from the Super Carrier at an airfield in the Persian Gulf.
The shadow of these people is shown only on the left lens.

Same issue here.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

+1

You could try using the stereo_mode_use_shared_parser option (search forums). Please note that this is not supported by ED, and will break some cockpit lighting in most modules. It prevents eye strain and headaches in day-time missions (for me).

Edited by Dunx

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

On 1/7/2021 at 4:41 PM, flusim3 said:

Hello,
I have the problem that in VR (Hp reverb g2) I can see some clouds on the horizon only on one eye (one lens).
This also happens with some shadows and objects.
Does anyone have a solution to this?

Yeah same here, it is usually stuff that's far on the horizon that gets rendered on one panel only, probably due to differences in calculation about the distance the said object should disappear between an eye and the other. IDK if it has to do with DCS or the VR reprojection, although observing the same on a Rift S Iàd be keen to think it's a VR implementation problem, not a platform-specific issue.

This said, I don't really find the thing that annoying.

On 1/7/2021 at 4:41 PM, flusim3 said:

Hello,
I have the problem that in VR (Hp reverb g2) I can see some clouds on the horizon only on one eye (one lens).
This also happens with some shadows and objects.
Does anyone have a solution to this?

Pretty sure that everyone using VR has this issue. Most of us just learned how to live with it, but is it still annoying and nauseating? Definitely! 

I've seen this issue being reported on this forum ever since I started with VR (a few years ago). But the fact that this problem still persists, probably points out to an issue that can't be solved in DCS' current state (but I'm just guessing here)

Let's pray and hope that DCS World 2.7 will finally fix this :worthy:🤞

(This object/shadows flickering can also be rightfully used by the "VR isn't there yet" camp 😋)

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Someone has already mentioned it above (stereo_mode_use_shared_parser) - Are you using Frustrum Culling in the autoexec.cfg file?

Regards,

Paul "Dodge / LondonLad"

SYSTEM SPECS: AMD Ryzen 7 5800x , 64GB 3600MHz RAM, ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming, NVIDIA RTX 3070 8GB GDDR6, IIYAMA 34" Curved GB3466WQSU Monitor, Thrustmaster Warthog (Joystick (Backup) + Throttles),VPC WarBRD-D Base,VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC ACE Interceptor Pedals, VKB Pedals (v4) (backup)  + TM MFD w/CUBESIM (x2), PointCTRL, HP Reverb G2 VR  Headset & Oculus Quest 2 VR Headset + TrackIR

Group: DCAF

• 2 weeks later...

Using a Valve index on a gtx1080ti, Some clouds, shadows, and crash debris show up in the right eye and not left. I get the feeling it has something to do with the way the game tries to deal with eye dominance. 

Gunna have to say between all my VR enabled games (HL:Alyx, Ace High III, IL2:GB, SW:Squadrons) DCS is the absolute worse when it comes to VR implementation. 

• 2 years later...