Mi-24P project manager live stream

Kate Perederko

On 1/12/2021 at 11:40 PM, zhukov032186 said:

Caucasus is 2008. It's the Russo-Georgian War in 2008. Virtually every campaign on that map, particularly for FC3 and the Su-25T is set in that war. Thus, the overall DCS World ''timeframe'' is 2008+, except for the Korean planes and WWII. 3rd parties are doing whatever they want more or less.

No it's not, just looking at Novorossiysk should tell you that - Myskhako airport/airbase has been closed and made unusable to aircraft since at least 2003, by 2008 it's barely recogniseable as an airbase, with only the former runway present (but unusable to at least, fixed wing aircraft).

And the map itself is based on the map found in LOMAC (2003), which is an evolution of Flanker 2.0 (1999) which all predate the Russo-Georgia War of 2008.

Not only that, but the main base of the Georgian AF, which was a key strategic target during the war (Marneuli) isn't present on the map, Poti is fairly inaccurate too (and doesn't even have its port) - another strategic target.

According to this thread a more suitable time is the early 90s.

Sure, campaigns and missions, but campaigns and missions can be dated anything the mission editor desires, from before the first manned, powered aircraft flew to 2100, the map itself however predates the war by at least over a decade.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

1 hour ago, S.E.Bulba said:

The screenshots of the pilot's and operator's cockpits have controls for the use of bomb weapons (aerial bombs and KMGUs). In addition, @PilotMi8 previously indicated that the DCS: Mi-24P will have the ability to use bomb weapons (АБ).

As for such 'exotic', IMHO, then probably it will not be… as probably the BST developers will use the standard bomb weapons available in the DCS World. 🙂

Thanks! They did make a comment about not bothering with 'exotic' loadouts that were only ever used in Afghanistan or Syria. (That said in my mind - those were major combat uses along with Chechnya... so aren't these loadouts actually more representative of service loadouts?)

Also - didn't you say that it was the same MDB racks used on the Su-25? So technically... the components for the FAB-100 loadout are already modelled in the game 🙂 

Anyway, thanks again - your contributions are always interesting.

I'm curious about two things, maybe Sebulba can clarify. 

- Fuel tanks: Will we get them along the way? are not a common use loadout?

- UPK-23: I know we get the front gun, but is the Mi-24P capable of carrying them or not?

We're seeing also updates on the damage model of several airplanes. Will we see a better damage depiction of the rockets concerning infantry and ground vehicles?

Edited by Stratos

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

15 hours ago, Snappy said:

Unless its an error in translation, I find the fact that there will NO training missions or training campaign included AT ALL quite disappointing for a hifi-module that will no doubt be sold for usual price tag.

Yea , official and/or user made videos are nice to have, but really its sounds like a chap excuse to skip the work of doing decent training missions to me, which I think almost every other full module offers in one form or another and usually add to the immersion.

hope they rethink their position on this.

kind regards,

Snappy 

Why are there no outcries over this?! I find the training missions in most aircraft to be more important than the actual campaigns. I mean Eagle Dynamics claims that 90% of it's player base fly in single-player, so both the training missions and campaigns are usually essential to each module. I for one will fly this helicopter in multiplayer, but learning how to operate ANY system is so much easier when there is a training mission available. This is hugely disappointing, and it will probably set a precedent. No more training missions or campaigns for any aircraft? Is that what they are telling us? I can understand these not being available at early access, and I can even understand them not wanting to invest the time into scripting a single-player campaign, especially if a dynamic campaign will become available in 2021 but having no training missions is inexcusable. 

• Like 6

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

3 часа назад, Stratos сказал:

I'm curious about two things, maybe Sebulba can clarify.

10.01.2021 в 22:10, Silver_Dragon сказал:

- Fuel tanks: Will we get them along the way? are not a common use loadout?

Цитата

<…>
Q: Will there be external tanks?
A: Not immediately.
<…>

- UPK-23: I know we get the front gun, but is the Mi-24P capable of carrying them or not?

Цитата

<…>
Q: What weapons will be available?
A: S-8, S-5, S-13 and S-24 rockets, initially the 9M114 Shturm and later the 9M120 Ataka. In terms of warheads, if the weapons are made available in the base game we'll add thermobaric ones too. There'll also be the R-60 after the thermal system is overhauled in game to engage ground targets. GUV pods like the Mi-8, no UPK-23 because they're basically nonexistent in Russian Mi-24P models and are only used by export Mi-35P users, and the 30mm cannon.
<…>

15.08.2020 в 20:49, PilotMi8 сказал:

да, на модификациях В и Д они были изначально. На П для СССР были убраны из состава вооружения (типа "зачем еще одна пушка ,если есть встроенная хорошая?"), а для экспортных образцов добавили такую возможность снова (видимо по просьбе тех товарищей). И да, не только в Ю.Америку, как Вы заметили в одном из постов. Очень многие экспортные машины в страны бывшего Варшавского договора были (есть) с УПК-23-250.

Пока у нас вертолет традиционный для АА РФ. Может потом "доработаем"... время покажет))

… Will we see a better damage depiction of the rockets concerning infantry and ground vehicles?

ED probably has plans to add an advanced DM to ground units in the future (at least @Dr.lex talks about it in the next video starting at 1:56, for example).

However, I suppose hardly anyone will tell you when this will happen. 🙂

9 часов назад, Avimimus сказал:

… Also - didn't you say that it was the same MDB racks used on the Su-25? So technically... the components for the FAB-100 loadout are already modelled in the game 🙂 

I just wrote my IMHO, however I cannot speak for the BST developers. Give your reasons to @PilotMi8. If you can convince him that such weapons are "major combat uses", then probably the BST will certainly add them to the DCS: Mi-24P. 🙂

Скрытый текст

Original in Russian

… Will we see a better damage depiction of the rockets concerning infantry and ground vehicles?

ED вероятно планируют в будущем добавить продвинутую DM наземным юнитам (по крайней мере об этом говорит @Dr.lex в следующем видео начиная с 1:56, например).

Однако полагаю Вам вряд ли кто-нибудь скажет, когда это произойдёт. 🙂

9 часов назад, Avimimus сказал:

… Also - didn't you say that it was the same MDB racks used on the Su-25? So technically... the components for the FAB-100 loadout are already modelled in the game 🙂 

Я лишь написа́л своё ИМХО, однако я не могу говорить за разработчиков BST. Приведите Ваши доводы @PilotMi8. Если Вы сможете его убедить, что такое вооружение является «основным боевым применением», то вероятно BST непременно добавят его в DCS: Ми-24П. 🙂

Edited by S.E.Bulba
UPD.
  • Like 1

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use Google Translate.

Why are there no outcries over this?! I find the training missions in most aircraft to be more important than the actual campaigns. I mean Eagle Dynamics claims that 90% of it's player base fly in single-player, so both the training missions and campaigns are usually essential to each module. I for one will fly this helicopter in multiplayer, but learning how to operate ANY system is so much easier when there is a training mission available. This is hugely disappointing, and it will probably set a precedent. No more training missions or campaigns for any aircraft? Is that what they are telling us? I can understand these not being available at early access, and I can even understand them not wanting to invest the time into scripting a single-player campaign, especially if a dynamic campaign will become available in 2021 but having no training missions is inexcusable. 
I agree. Must be an error, as training missions are essentials.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

I agree. Must be an error, as training missions are essentials.

From the translation, I got the impression that he was saying that there won't be a training campaign as such as that's what the main question was and this was then spinned into "no training whatsoever".

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

From the translation, I got the impression that he was saying that there won't be a training campaign as such as that's what the main question was and this was then spinned into "no training whatsoever".
Of course. You must be right.
Come to think of it, might not need that many training missions anyway.
Cold start, NAV, weapons.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, Dudikoff said:

What exactly is a training campaign? Has eagle dynamics ever provided a training campaign for any of it's modules? I wish I could share your optimism, and hope you're right. Maybe someone can clarify or a russian speaking member can send a private PM to PilotMi8 for clarification. 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 2

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

Thanks for the clarification S.E.Bulba! I hope they add the fuel tanks as soon as possible, really sad not to see the UPK-23 pods.

And I'm really looking forward to that damage model update, it will be nice to have it for the Mi8 and Mi24.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

What exactly is a training campaign? Has eagle dynamics ever provided a training campaign for any of it's modules? I wish I could share your optimism, and hope you're right. Maybe someone can clarify or a russian speaking member can send a private PM to PilotMi8 for clarification. 

This is from the translated Q/A session on the stormbirds link posted on the previous page:

Q: Are you planning to do video lessons and familiarisation ones like the F-16 and F/A-18 or a training campaign?
A: We’re only planning to make a combat campaign, no trainaing campaign and some video lessons. Usually at release the users make so many good tutorial videos, but we’ll try to make some of our own. I can’t promise it though.

So, based on this translation, it was never asked if there will be training missions included nor did the interviewee deny such a thing which is presumably a standard feature.

Edited by Dudikoff
  • Like 1

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

The way the question was worded, they meant a training campaign like the 'Kursant' one for the L-39.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lurker said:

Why are there no outcries over this?!

Because it's stupid kneejerk reactionism as is typical on these forums and there is nothing to ''outrage'' over?

• Like 1

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

not too bothered really. if there's no training missions i'll just read the manual lol

Edited by Sceptre
  • Like 1

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Wasn't the M-2000C campaign refered to as a "training campaign"? Didn't played it but i think i remember comments like that(meant positive).

Also the MI-24 is only a fency MI-8, how hard can it be? -> famous last words 😂 before i look into the manual. Also i don't use raining missions anymore, i like the manual and sitting in the cockpit playing freely with the stuff. But i get it, no training missions would be problematic for some people.

• Like 1

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

14 hours ago, Sceptre said:

if there's no training missions i'll just read the manual lol

Exactlly. Modules are very close to reality and it is necessary to RTF :). Honestly - I am kind a manual guy, I read manuals often just for get interesting info from it, even if I can handle aircraft very well. 

If people are giving their opinions, I'm going to say that for me at least, training missions are absolutely essential even if there are basic and few of them. Nevertheless, hasn't ED got a policy where any module should come out with at least the bare minimum of training missions ?

• Like 2

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

16 hours ago, zhukov032186 said:

Because it's stupid kneejerk reactionism as is typical on these forums and there is nothing to ''outrage'' over?

So you are calling me stupid because I care about a feature that might possibly be dropped? I don't speak Russian, and it's not entirely clear what they mean and if my "kneejerk" reaction can help clarify this (thank you @Dudikoff) why is it stupid? 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 3

On 1/12/2021 at 8:30 PM, Northstar98 said:

Novorossiysk? Plus the map predates the 2008 war - it traces back to Flanker 2.5. According to this thread a more suitable time is early 90s.

Sure, campaigns and missions, but the map itself predates the war by over a decade.

speaking of the map.. and the fact that theres a somewhat loose line from Su 27 Flanker to DCS...  And the fact that Crimea is on the map - I never ever understood why they didnt flesh out Crimea.  Even in the redone Caucauses map.  Or even as a money upgrade - imagine the possibilities if they filled the Crimea with cities airfields etc.  Itd change the entire balance of the caucauses map. Itd also make for way better campaigns as you could present the 2 as seperate nations in whatever form you like

5 hours ago, notproplayer3 said:

If people are giving their opinions, I'm going to say that for me at least, training missions are absolutely essential even if there are basic and few of them. Nevertheless, hasn't ED got a policy where any module should come out with at least the bare minimum of training missions ?

training missions *are essential* if ED doesnt do em someone will but theyre absolutely key- for me - to learn planes. ESPECIALLY planes Im not as familiar with and are not American with english labels

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sublime said:

speaking of the map.. and the fact that theres a somewhat loose line from Su 27 Flanker to DCS...  And the fact that Crimea is on the map - I never ever understood why they didnt flesh out Crimea.  Even in the redone Caucauses map.  Or even as a money upgrade - imagine the possibilities if they filled the Crimea with cities airfields etc.  Itd change the entire balance of the caucauses map. Itd also make for way better campaigns as you could present the 2 as seperate nations in whatever form you like

Crimea was populated(airfields, towns...)in LockOn and in DCS, but it was removed at some point in DCS.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

1 hour ago, sublime said:

I never ever understood why they didnt flesh out Crimea.

Because of politics: ED is a Russian company, and there has been some "action" recently in that area.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

36 minutes ago, unknown said:

Crimea was populated(airfields, towns...)in LockOn and in DCS, but it was removed at some point in DCS.

jeez. even with the political stuff youd think itd be worth it. Idk.. I mean the russians got it back anyways and its a game

-shrug-  I just think itd really make the map like... itd be a new map almost you know?

On 1/14/2021 at 2:40 PM, sublime said:

speaking of the map.. and the fact that theres a somewhat loose line from Su 27 Flanker to DCS...  And the fact that Crimea is on the map - I never ever understood why they didnt flesh out Crimea.

Pretty sure it was due to licensing (Ubisoft or something, I forget the details). Either that or due to political sensitivity (though I would've thought Georgia was pretty politically sensitive, especially in 2008).

Even in the redone Caucauses map.

Don't forget the map wasn't redone, it is still very much the exact same map from before 2.5, it's just been upgraded for 2.5. The only changes to the map itself was a mesh resolution upgrade (but still using the same data set by the looks of thigns) + tunnels (even if they're kinda wonky) and new structures. That and now every NAVAID has a 3D model.

Beyond that, not much else has changed.

Edited by Northstar98
formatting

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.