Roadmap 2021 for the Typhoon ?

Steph21

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm yet again amazed by how naive even some of the older DCS players are when it comes to release timelines. I would be very much suprised if the Eurofighter comes out before 2023, so I wouldn't expect much at all happening in 2021 in this regard, as the team will probably be busy with basic coding and modeling.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 12

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly with a project of this magnitude I wouldn't expect it anytime soon. I think you guys underestimate how complex the system and flight modeling of a Typhoon really are. Let alone the work and research required for its projected weapons.

Edited by Skysurfer
  • Like 2

I was initially just asking TG to share a roadmap for 2021 if they have one to share 🙂

Could be simple like "we'll be focusing on data gathering, 3D modeling, and working on the FM" for example.

It's a shame we haven't heard about TG since Christmas 2020, but i guess they have nothing new to share yet.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Hummingbird said:

If it isn't in EA sometime 2022 I'd be quite surprised tbh.

Prepare for a suprise then :wink:

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

45 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

Prepare for a suprise then :wink:

Im basing it on the work done already, and how long it took for example HB after they announced the F14 was coming. I think EA ~2 years after announcement is reasonable, as most often the project was started way earlier than the date of the official announcement.

But ofcourse I won't be complaining if it turns out taking longer, it's gonna take as long as they need it to, sometime in 2022 (i.e. within the next 19 months) is just what I'm currently thinking is plausible. 

Edited by Hummingbird

53 minutes ago, Hummingbird said:

Im basing it on the work done already

So do I and there hasn't been much work done on the Eurofighter so far. It's in an incredible early stage of development and it is rather unusual that a project is being officially announced that early in development.

• Like 1

Tornado3 small.jpg

It's a common mistake for people to look at the visual artwork and 3D modelling and base their expectations off of that. From everything programmers told me, that's a big fallacy. The visuals are easy, they're among the first things finished. The code is what needs time. Not the 3D model. Whenever I see a 3D model, personally for me that's just a confirmation that yes, they are serious about doing it. But never an indication of how far the project is along.

• Like 5

http://www.csg-2.net/ | i7 7700k - NVIDIA 1080 - 32GB RAM | BKR!

2 minutes ago, Slant said:

It's a common mistake for people to look at the visual artwork and 3D modelling and base their expectations off of that. From everything programmers told me, that's a big fallacy. The visuals are easy, they're among the first things finished. The code is what needs time. Not the 3D model. Whenever I see a 3D model, personally for me that's just a confirmation that yes, they are serious about doing it. But never an indication of how far the project is along.

This!

• Like 1

Tornado3 small.jpg

8 hours ago, Slant said:

For sure, however again, we also saw the first 3D pictures of the HB Tomcat about 2 years before EA.

So whilst I'm definitely not claiming my prediction to be accurate, it is at least based on something comparable 🙂

That said, again if it takes longer, even let's say 4 years, then so be it, rather wait longer for a finished & accurate/authentic product than get an early release full of bugs and large inaccuracies.

Edited by Hummingbird

We last had an official update was December 20th with promises for updates in the new year which have yet to materialize. Four days before airbus made an offer for a tranche 5 eurofighter to replace the Tornado and tranche 4 order. I wonder if their licensor approach truegrit with some kind of deal like ED had with the makers of the KA-50. It wouldn’t be the first time a big manufacturer used a sim for advertising or PR. Thus potentially causing a change of plans.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2021 at 5:42 AM, Slant said:

That's why some of the other flight sims (err... games) out there have tons of bling, but no substance in terms of flight- and systems-modeling. DCS is a totally different animal with a bar raised high above the rest. 

Edited by rrohde
  • Like 1

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

On 4/21/2021 at 1:42 PM, rrohde said:

That's why some of the other flight sims (err... games) out there have tons of bling, but no substance in terms of flight- and systems-modeling. DCS is a totally different animal with a bar raised high above the rest. 

By High bar you must mean "meme" level FM's in EA, and joke level radar modeling, or joke level missile modeling. But its all "EA" so in your book its "A-OK" because "surely" thats better than 'some other sim", I'm not goona bring on the failings of things like TGP's or EW (you know that "modern combat stuff". Bottom line is that DCS "tries" to be better, but falls way way way short of its hype to any half educated customer. 

Edited by Harlikwin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• ED Team

Between the bickering, OT and silliness this thread has went to, I am closing this. Guys please be nice to each other, focus on the topic, and if you dont like DCS, then maybe discuss the sim you like better on their forums. Thanks.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png