Battle for Krasnodar 25 mission story driven campaign coming out soon.

SorelRo

April 25th, 1978 the USSR Chairman Leonid Brezhnev falls sick and relinquishes the control of the Communist Party.  

The newly appointed Chairman, Yuri Andropov takes the reigns of the USSR but there is turmoil inside the Communist Party. 

The party is torn between the partisans for the war in Afghanistan and the factions against it. Andropov opposing the decision to have a military intervention in Afghanistan is losing support and on August 23rd, 1978 a successful Coup d'état removes Andropov from Moscow. The country is torn and on August 30th, Ukraine declares its independence followed by the rest of the USSR regions. 

On October 15th, 1978 Georgia and Krasnodar declare their independence. In the following weeks, the communist party is trying to regain control of the former Soviet Union. The 127th Motor Rifle Division seized Tbilisi and reinstates the Soviet leadership. The Division continues north towards Krasnodar but due to the long supply lines and the lack of support from the locals the advance stops before crossing the rivers Pshada, Afips, and Bezeps. 

Under UN intervention, a cease-fire agreement was signed by all factions on December 20th hoping for a peaceful resolution of the conflict. 

The former Soviet provinces voice their concern to the UN about an escalation of the conflict once the USSR troops resupply and the weather permits. The UN agrees to maintain a peacekeeping force in the region of Krasnodar and NATO forces are tasked to deploy. 

The USSR declares that any foreign troops based on the territory of the Soviet Union are considered hostile. 

The US president Jimmy Carter fearing a nuclear escalation of the conflict and having low support after the Vietnam War, orders the deployment of a small force formed from elements from the 9th Infantry Division, 6th Cavalry Air Brigade, and a MEU from the 1st Marine Division. 

You are Major Vanea Gureevich pilot in the 982nd Fighter Aviation Regiment stationed at Sochi. The regiment is involved in providing air support in the emerging conflict, as the winter sets in, the pilots are training hard preparing to fight in the emerging conflict.   

The Patriotic War to restore the Soviet Union is about to begin… 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Hell yeah! 

Cant wait for it 🙂 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

26 minutes ago, john4pap said:

Very nice! Payware?

Seems you didnt watch the video ... it will be at ED's store on February  🙂

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Nice, thanks for this idea and work on it! Looks very interesting for me too! :thumbsup:

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Fictional Cold War campaigns are always welcome and this one might give me a reason to get into the MiG-21.

I know that DCS is rather limited in its assets (e.g. is there any older BTR in the game apart from BTR-80?), but some of the things in the video could have been avoided, surely (e.g. Su-17M3 could have been used instead of the Su-24M, M113 instead of M2 Bradley)? Unless the reason is that the mentioned assets are much older looking and that's why unsuitable but updated ones were used?

Edited by Dudikoff
  • Like 3

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

6 hours ago, Dudikoff said:

Fictional Cold War campaigns are always welcome and this one might give me a reason to get into the MiG-21.

I know that DCS is rather limited in its assets (e.g. is there any older BTR in the game apart from BTR-80?), but some of the things in the video could have been avoided, surely (e.g. Su-17M3 could have been used instead of the Su-24M, M113 instead of M2 Bradley)? Unless the reason is that the mentioned assets are much older looking and that's why unsuitable but updated ones were used?

All those units are in the campaign, Su-17's are not looking good enough to be put in a video, that model is probably from the Lock-on days, the same with the M-113, Bradley was introduced in 1981, since this happens in 1979, it's close enough in my opinion, also, SU-24 was manufactured between '71-'83, and the M was well into the final stages of design, I had to balance this somehow, and I think that it worked out okay so far. This is all in the end alternate history. 

I understand, but Bradleys are really sticking out like a sore thumb since they were deployed to Europe in mid-80s at best..

At least I hope they're not as deadly as BMP-2s are against A-10s.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I saw this trailer and it looks very good and promising. But please seek out help from Russian native speaking DCS community. The Russian dialogues are...well...garbage. Sounds like all dialogue was written using stereotypical Russian bad buy conversation from some generic action movie and then put through Google Translate... Would be sad to see this ruined by horrible dialogues as even watching this trailer was rather hard not to cringe or laugh.

Sorry if this sounds too harsh, but again, this really looks like something good, so it would be a shame if it was ruined by subpar dialogue.

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

4 hours ago, killkenny1 said:

I saw this trailer and it looks very good and promising. But please seek out help from Russian native speaking DCS community. The Russian dialogues are...well...garbage. Sounds like all dialogue was written using stereotypical Russian bad buy conversation from some generic action movie and then put through Google Translate... Would be sad to see this ruined by horrible dialogues as even watching this trailer was rather hard not to cringe or laugh.

Sorry if this sounds too harsh, but again, this really looks like something good, so it would be a shame if it was ruined by subpar dialogue.

No problem at all, feedback is good, voices can be redone, what pisses me off is the fact that I used a native russian speaker to translate this and it looks like he made a crappy job. Since I can't verify I took it for granted. If there's someone here willing to help it would be great. 

Thanks a lot. 

2 minutes ago, SorelRo said:

No problem at all, feedback is good, voices can be redone, what pisses me off is the fact that I used a native russian speaker to translate this and it looks like he made a crappy job. Since I can't verify I took it for granted. If there's someone here willing to help it would be great. 

Thanks a lot. 

For real? I think you should ask for a refund 😄

Like in campaign trailer at ~1:26 pilot says "ракеты прыг, прыг" which translated means "rockets jump, jump." What does that even mean? Or was it "rockets, eject, eject"?

Also on takeoff ATC says to the  departing planes "прощай", which means "farewell." Does ATC not expecting them to come back?

There were plenty of such things.

Was this person just an ordinary translator or did he/she had a background in combat flight sims? While some of the stuff might be okay without context, but once it's put into DCS it makes no or questionable sense. That's why I suggest translators with DCS background. They will know what's going on.

Also interesting voice actors didn't pick up on some of the stuff, but again, they probably don't have DCS background.

• Like 1

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

14 hours ago, killkenny1 said:

For real? I think you should ask for a refund 😄

Like in campaign trailer at ~1:26 pilot says "ракеты прыг, прыг" which translated means "rockets jump, jump." What does that even mean? Or was it "rockets, eject, eject"?

Also on takeoff ATC says to the  departing planes "прощай", which means "farewell." Does ATC not expecting them to come back?

There were plenty of such things.

Was this person just an ordinary translator or did he/she had a background in combat flight sims? While some of the stuff might be okay without context, but once it's put into DCS it makes no or questionable sense. That's why I suggest translators with DCS background. They will know what's going on.

Also interesting voice actors didn't pick up on some of the stuff, but again, they probably don't have DCS background.

We're fixing it. Thanks a lot guys for the feedback. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, SorelRo said:

We're fixing it. Thanks a lot guys for the feedback. 

There are also too many words "Товарищ" ("Comrade"), I'm not think that the USSR Air Force used it. This makes what is happening unnecessarily comic.

• Like 2

Wish list:

-> MiG-3, MiG-9, MiG-17F, MiG-21F-13, MiG-23MLD, MiG-27K, MiG-25PD, MiG-29K, MiG-31, Su-17M4, Su-24M, Su-27SM3, Su-30SM, Su-34, Su-35S, Yak-3, La-7

-> Me.262, F-4D/E Phantom II, F-100 Super Sabre, F-104 Starfighter, Mirage III, Mirage F1, Saab 35 Draken, Saab JAS 39 Gripen, IAI Kfir

9 hours ago, strelok2014 said:

There are also too many words "Товарищ" ("Comrade"), I'm not think that the USSR Air Force used it. This makes what is happening unnecessarily comic.

Correct me if I'm wrong here. During the communist times. Ground personnel and lower ranks where addressing a Major with the form of "Comrade Major" Where I grew up that was the case. But maybe we were more Catholics than the Pope 🙂 In this campaign that's where the term is mostly used. When ground crew is talking with the pilot. Also there are some instances through the story where the political officer has something to say, and the zampolit, or whatever the term is, is abusing the term, Try not to judge a narative that's 25 missions long from a 3 minutes video, you wouldn't do that when you go to movies, right? A lot of it is done to look cool in the video but not following a certain story, and for us the ones that are not speaking Russian it's even more difficult to vet certain dialogues.

As always, thanks for all the feedback on this. It's all being listen and taking care of. 

Cheers,   

• Like 1

6 часов назад, SorelRo сказал:

Correct me if I'm wrong here. During the communist times. Ground personnel and lower ranks where addressing a Major with the form of "Comrade Major" Where I grew up that was the case. But maybe we were more Catholics than the Pope 🙂

Such an appeal to the chiefs and senior in rank, as well as, if desired, to subordinates and junior in rank (or to unfamiliar junior in rank), was prescribed by the Internal Service Regulations of the USSR Armed Forces. However, in any case, after the word 'comrade' one should have named the military rank of the military personnel (or, if desired, his surname, if referring to a subordinate or junior in rank).

IIRC, just the word 'comrade' (without a military rank or surname) in ordinary life during the Soviet era was usually addressed to unfamiliar men (while there was also an equivalent address 'citizen'), which was actually not so often… therefore, the abuse of the word 'comrade' looks like a parody of American films about Russia, which must include ushankas, vodka and bears with balalaikas. 🙂

Скрытый текст

Original in Russian

Такое обращение к начальникам и старшим по званию, а также по желанию и к подчинённым и младшим по званию (или к незнакомым младшим по званию), предписывал Устав внутренней службы ВС СССР. Однако в любом случае, при этом после слова «товарищ» следовало называть воинское звание военнослужащего (или при желании его фамилию, если обращались к подчинённому или младшему по званию).

ЕМНИП, в обычной жизни во времена СССР просто словом «товарищ» (без воинского звания или фамилии) обращались как правило к незнакомым мужчинам (при этом существовало и равноценное обращение «гражданин»), что в действительности было не так уж и часто… поэтому злоупотребление словом «товарищ» выглядит как пародия на американские фильмы о России, где обязательно должны присутствовать ушанки, водка и медведи с балалайками. 🙂

• Like 1

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use Google Translate.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, like all the DCS campaigns, this is going to be published to Steam a few days after the release. However, this will happen after the March update. I have a feeling there will be a quite a few changes and I want to make sure the there are no problems with the campaign. 

Cheers,  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1