Battle for Krasnodar 25 mission story driven campaign coming out soon.

SorelRo

Hi there. Thanks for bringing this up. Couple of things. What version are you playing? The English voices or the Russian? You have to make sure that you are over 10.000 the missions are done in metric system, the trigger there it's quite simple, your plane must be over 10.000 barometric altitude, or how DCS interprets that. In tests I've never had any problems reaching and going over 10.000 to stay on the safe side. 

The only problem that I see is that if you are not managing your turn well and you drop your altitude during the instructed turn you will get the "Not good enough message" However, if you keep your altitude as instructed, over 10.000 shouldn't be a problem. 

Careful that your altimeter is not adjusted to the pressure of the day. When you are on the ground it is indicating 300 meters. Also, in transonic speeds, your altimeter and speed will have erroneous indications that you should take into consideration. To stay on the safe side maybe go over 10000 there's no limitation on how high you can go.  

Thanks SorelRo. You're right, I had not checked the briefing pictures and I apparently misread the briefing about getting to Gudata as fast as possible. Could you bring them to the kneeboard in a future update? I managed to get pass the Gudata trigger. It was what you said about the altimeter. No luck getting any messages after getting to waypoint 2.

I understand it's early so I'll be expecting your updates

Edited by john4pap

I'll put the objectives in the kneeboard files. That shouldn't be a problem. I'm assuming that you are drifting on your turn and not reaching the trigger around WP2, that has been adjusted in the update. Flying this thing accurate can be a challenge. 

On 10/19/2021 at 3:19 AM, SorelRo said:

I'll put the objectives in the kneeboard files. That shouldn't be a problem. I'm assuming that you are drifting on your turn and not reaching the trigger around WP2, that has been adjusted in the update. Flying this thing accurate can be a challenge. 

Right, I had not realised I needed to fly it accurately at this point. I just turned back towards Adler beacon since I presumed that I should just get back to the area of the starting airport (Similarly to what I did for reaching the first waypoint, Gudata, following the waypoint's beacon). My main problem is that I do not understand precisely what I am expected to do. For instance, in this case I just mentioned: I am taking a test for scrambling out of the airport and going to reach a desired level at wp1. What happens next? Am I getting a vector for the target or am I just navigating in the area. The way I see it there is a huge difference between the two. If I'm just following waypoints I don't see any reason reaching a point (that's in wp2) some 10 miles off a beacon in a scramble scenario (unless, again, I am told that that's where the bombers are or the nature of the mission is explicitly a navigation test). Furthermore, and for the reason above, I am not sure what my speed is going to have to be after I reach wp1. Am I still in a hurry to catch some imaginary bombers or should I consider that this part of the test is over? In other words should I still be burning all my fuel and stressing my engine for wp1-wp2 or not?

After your suggestions, I took a smooth turn on wp1 and reached wp2 where I got the next message for vector and altitude for wp3. Nothing happened after that I'm afraid.

Well, for the above, it maybe is just me but I thought that I should share my thoughts with you in case you find something useful while you're still working on it 🙂

I understand your frustration. Clearly i'm not communicating properly what needs to be done in the briefings. I posted on the main forum that I'll re-work the briefings. The first PDF version will be available in the following days and then i'll push it as an update. In my head, this should be clear. You take-off, fly WP1 then instructed you turn to WP2 and navigate to it. Once you reach it it instructs you to go towards WP3, giving you a heading to it and a required altitude. Then, you see what happens. 

I'll add all those where it seems fit. 

Cheers, and thanks for the understanding. 

Thanks for that SorelRo! As I said it's still early and my comments aren't intended to be a complaint or criticism. I understand that building a campaign must be a huge task!
I just saw the briefing files you uploaded. Good work!

I'm still having trouble getting anything to happen after I turn towards WP3. Perhaps I'm doing something stupid, I don't know. Would you mind taking a look at the attached tackview file?

Tacview-20211022-210142-DCS-Mig-21_01_EN_Voice.zip.acmi

1 hour ago, john4pap said:

Thanks for that SorelRo! As I said it's still early and my comments aren't intended to be a complaint or criticism. I understand that building a campaign must be a huge task!
I just saw the briefing files you uploaded. Good work!

I'm still having trouble getting anything to happen after I turn towards WP3. Perhaps I'm doing something stupid, I don't know. Would you mind taking a look at the attached tackview file?

Tacview-20211022-210142-DCS-Mig-21_01_EN_Voice.zip.acmi 314.78 kB · 0 downloads

I'll have a look and i'll let you know. 

Hi SorelRo

What a joy, mission 4 here and loving every minute of it. I hope you gonna make more campaings. Keep up the good work.

On 10/17/2021 at 12:31 AM, Sirchuzzalot said:

Tried this first mission about five times now.  Each time I get the "not good enough".

I don't know what I'm doing wrong - climb over 10,000 and then head to Gudata as fast as possible.  

Seems kinda broken... not a great start for the first mission.

@Sirchuzzalot, follow your orders like a good Russian pilot and it will work, go lower then the mentiond 10.000 meters and you fail. Make sure you fly to the mentiond wp1 thats passed the airfield. there you get your second set of orders.

Good luck. 

• Like 1