Hornet defensive systems update

Wizard_03

Great stuff. Looks like Hornet is going to have a great update day. 

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus MOBO||Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core, 24 Thread Processor || MSI GTX 1070Ti 8GB GPU OverClocked || 32GB GSKILL DDR4 RAM @3600 || Samsung 1TB SSD || Samsung 250GB SSD || WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD || WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD || Thermaltake ToughPower GF1 850W PS || Thermaltake Tower || Windows 10 Pro 64bit || Thrustmaster Warthog and Cougar sticks, throttles and MFDs || Saitek Rudder Pedals || Trackir 5 ||

1 hour ago, NineLine said:

Hey Wizard, We plan to add a new flare type later that will increase the count. It is much more than just changing a data value. The next Hornet update will allow MAN programming with WOW. thanks!

Oh ok I see, I Appreciate the info, looking forward to the update. We're on the home stretch now! 

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

So once ECM xmt activate the AA radar goes to standby mode???

Sorry mi ignorance!!!!

My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 T Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 64-bit on SDD 500 and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals

2 hours ago, Andartu said:

The Legacy Hornets actually cannot expend CM with Master Arm off. So this would be a "correct as is".

Oh ok, yeah when the hornet first came out, many were absolutely certain you could, but I don't know myself. Maybe its a difference in suites or not legacy like you said. 

4 hours ago, NineLine said:

The next Hornet update will allow MAN programming with WOW

Great news!!!! Excellent! Thank you!

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, Peter22 said:

So once ECM xmt activate the AA radar goes to standby mode???

Sorry mi ignorance!!!!

Yeah from what I understand setting the dial to XMIT arms the system so when it detects a threat it does EW stuff to counter and that would also affect ownship radar so it silences it while it does it's thing. 

Just now, Wizard_03 said:

Yeah from what I understand setting the dial to XMIT arms the system so when it detects a threat it does EW stuff to counter and that would also affect ownship radar so it silences it while it does it's thing. 

Maybe it is so powerful that it would jam its own radar. 

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

• ED Team
7 hours ago, falcon_120 said:

I wonder if they dynamic we see in the video against SAM, will be also effective against airbone radars tracking you, as well as active missiles (amraams, phoenix,r77...)

of course. as mentioned in the video, it is effective against airborne and surface based radars

12 hours ago, Wizard_03 said:

correct, when in XMIT, the system will only actively jam when the ownship is locked up in a guidance mode. when not locked, it automatically, uses REC only.

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, Boogieman said:

Interesting. So will the ASPJ placed in XMIT jam enemy fighter radars that are painting ownship in TWS mode, for example? Or will they be unaffected? 

They will be unaffected. It will only jam if hardlocked (STT).

• Thanks 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

So there isn't any way to deny range information by manually using the ASPJ? It'll only work if we're STT'd?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

1 hour ago, Harker said:

So there isn't any way to deny range information by manually using the ASPJ? It'll only work if we're STT'd?

Appareantly no.

We will be in a universe where all ECM in every DCS aircraft works one way, and just one plane that works differently (hornet).

I love the way it looked from wags video. But it surely rises many questions about other current simulations in the same game.

Edited by Joni

Having the ability to break someones lock with ECM is an enormous advantage, I'd take that over the current "jammers" that just make radar not lock beyond X range any day of the week. 

SARH missiles can basically be turned off now lol 

Edited by Wizard_03

All the FC3 jammers seem to be a rudimentary noise jammer or barrage jammer, and nothing more. 

This function in the Hornet looks to be something like a range gate pull-off attack, which is totally different. I wonder if the ASPJ has additional modes or functions that we may yet be getting in the future? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bunny Clark said:

All the FC3 jammers seem to be a rudimentary noise jammer or barrage jammer, and nothing more. 

This function in the Hornet looks to be something like a range gate pull-off attack, which is totally different. I wonder if the ASPJ has additional modes or functions that we may yet be getting in the future? 

Anyway, I understood that doppler radars didn't use range gate but a velocity gate.

6 hours ago, Wizard_03 said:

Having the ability to break someones lock with ECM is an enormous advantage, I'd take that over the current "jammers" that just make radar not lock beyond X range any day of the week.

Oh, most definitely, I'm not complaining in the slightest. I'm just wondering if we'll be able to have any control on when and how the ASPJ works. From the video, it seems like it's completely automatic. No idea how the real thing works, maybe it's solely intended for self-protection, as the name implies. I just think it'd be nice if we could also create an ECM environment in order to deny information, which we now cannot.

Again, no idea how the ALQ-165 works, maybe it's programmed to attack enemy radars only when they're locking you.

• Like 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

7 hours ago, Joni said:

Anyway, I understood that doppler radars didn't use range gate but a velocity gate.

They use both. Or more generally, pulse Doppler radars use frequency analyzation algorithms to solve both range and velocity ambiguity, and in both cases those algorithms are vulnerable to false return attacks by EW systems. 

10 hours ago, Boogieman said:

So I've been looking through the control settings on the Hornet and I can't seem to find where I can bind ECM XMIT/OFF to anything? I have a BlackHog panel that I'd like to bind it to. Any clues? 

There's never been one since release, probably because the switch has been completely nonfunctional. Hopefully we get it as an available keybind when we get functional ECM. 

• Thanks 1