VR and Changing Radio Frequencies-

Slick Twitchy

In VR-I am having problems "looking" down at my comms panel so that I can change frequencies. I have to crane my neck so far to look at the panel.

I am waiting on PointCTRL to become available, but in the meantime are there any workarounds?

CRX-Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K;4090; Varjo Aero; Winwing UFC/HUD/MFDs/Throttle/PTO Panel/Combat Panel; Winwing F-18 joystick; Buttkickers; Monstertech flight seat; PointCTRL.

You're the best. I'm focused on the A-10 II.

I am trying to get this profile working, but it may be outdated. Can't seem to get VAC to output key pushes etc.

Probably user error, but for now I guess I'll stick with easy comms.

Edited by Slick Twitchy

CRX-Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K;4090; Varjo Aero; Winwing UFC/HUD/MFDs/Throttle/PTO Panel/Combat Panel; Winwing F-18 joystick; Buttkickers; Monstertech flight seat; PointCTRL.

Depends on why you are having problems looking down, is it a biomechanical issue or a tracking one? You still have to be able to “see” the thing you want to press/manipulate with pointctrl.  And you need line of sight to your hand from your hmd (I assume)?

but voice attack certainly is a valid mechanism, I use Viacom which works well.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I was in the same boat so far as I was in a tight seat, and sometimes found it hard to look around and stay in a good position to do things on some panels.

For the hard to reach things I made some snap views , e.g. one that would position me to the left and farther back so I was just looking down at the comms.

I can’t seem to get snap views to work in vr it’s good for vertical head position but not rotational... could you describe what you have done there?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Hi, 

Yes the looking down difficulty is how I am physically seated, and my HOTAS set up, as well as my VR cameras lose 'tracking' as I turn my RL head left and down that far.

I can't get Bailey's VA profile to work. Any other solutions etc.  A snap to comms panel would work.....

I have the same issue, but there's a couple workarounds you can try and see if they work out better for you:

1. Use mouse option.  Basically, instead of having the mouse tied to the center of your vision, it'll be moveable using an actual mouse.  The downside is you'll need a mouse on hand while in VR, but this isn't ideal for my setup.  I don't use this workaround.
  2. Re-center VR position towards and looking away from desired console.  Basically, you lean towards the console you want to click, look away from it, re-center, and now it should be way easier to access with your head-bound mouse.  See below:
    https://imgur.com/R6CUmty

Edited by Tuuvas