Broken replay tracks in DCS in 2021

alphagamer4

2 hours ago, Nealius said:

Jutter’s technique only works one certain modules for me. The Tomcat is hopeless. The only reliable workaround I’ve found is to host on a dedicated server then use that track file.

Just like you, The Tomcat was always hopeless for me! This work-around worked 100% for me with the Tomcat! please make sure that your strictly using SP track and make sure your saving and leaving DCS to window right after! You can than try to watch it in Replay right after you load back in to DCS, I hope it works for you....Thanks. Please note that recording any BVR or BFM may still present unreliable track probably due to how the AI works and is recorded. 

• 2 months later...

Stupid question alert:

Do track files from previous versions of DCS not work in updated versions? I had some server side track files that were playing perfectly recorded from the patch before the Apache release, and they no longer work in the current open beta (Apache release vers). It's not even that the track files are replaying inaccurately, but the aircraft aren't even spawning in. I CTRL+Z the time and wait, and wait some more, and no aircraft are spawning in or flying around.

53 minutes ago, Callsign JoNay said:

Do track files from previous versions of DCS not work in updated versions?

Some did work, depending on what was in the track file and what was changed in the updates.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

It is about time to seriously UPDATE the replay sector of the game. This is so usless now.

Whats indeed funny, 1st time I watch replay its all fine (for example I shoot down the AI) , all next times, track is broken (AI shoots me down). 

Come on, replays are an important part of the game, so I would kindly ask admins, to pass forward the mesaage to the devs to fix this issue ones and for all.

Thank you.

• Like 2

I submitted an F-5 bug report yesterday because i ran into an issue and miraculously the track i attached resembles what happened, at least on my end. I often click on watch track after the sortie and sometimes it actually works, but like one in 3 or one in 4 times. I don't see a relation to the lenght of the track, sometimes a 30min track works just fine, sometimes i emerge victorious after the first turn and when i watch that 30 seconds track its completely different, i shoot the air and the enemy rips me apart. This needs fixing badly 😞

• Like 2

I tried generating a track file today to show a bug in the Apache, and I got this screen:

trackfilereplayerror.jpg

Ran a repair using DCS_Updater.exe in the command line, but it didn't fix anything.

*edit*
RESOLVED. A while back I had disabled track files in the autoexec.cfg file and had forgotten about it. Oops 🙂

Edited by key_stroked

• 7 months later...

I had this replay problem as well. I would land perfect on the carrier then watch the replay crash my F18c into the sea 200 meters away from the carrier. Every replay was the same. Crash, crash, crash. I rolled back a few releases until I got to 2.7.16.28157 and now all my tracks replay as recorded. Not sure if will fix everyone's issues but for me it was the solution.

Lenovo Legion 5 Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800h - NVIDIA 3070 - 32 GB RAM - 1TB SSD - Mi 27" monitor - Titan Wolf Hotas

On 1/10/2021 at 2:19 AM, dorianR666 said:

1) The track file only records inputs, the rest is independently resimulated. So as time goes on, the imprecision increases. This isnt really a bug, just a tradeoff. Recording changes of all states of all objects several times a second would be problematic and track files huge. If it worked this way, someone else would complain about 2GB files.

Just FYI here, this shouldn't cause any problems until the game is updated. Recording inputs is standard for video game replays and many many developers have systems that don't go wrong except for extremely rare occurrences. This is also nothing new, reliable track style replays go as far back as PS1 games and probably even earlier.

• Like 1

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/23/2021 at 4:40 AM, Jutter said:

Now if you save a track you want to watch, you save the track, EXIT out of DCS WORLD and then load back in, watch your track and enjoy! Please note that after you do this and watch your now accurate replay track that if you go right back into flying, anytime you finish your flight and try to "replay" or "Watch Replay" It will be Broken Again! You need to exit DCS world First and load back in. Now you may watch the replay accurately as many times as you want just as long as thats ALL you're doing in the first start-up of the DCS! Hopefully this works for you guys, I really hope it does....it did for me! like I said, my testing was limited, but hopeful so far! 

I tried this.. F18, Nevada Mig29 and was broken after a.) saving track b.) exiting DCS c.) replay track Bandit was doing it's own thing off the bat. Weird thing is that when I first started playing I rewatched without exiting.. and was accurate track. I really like the idea of rewatching and creating videos, I've asked the YT channels that have cockpit and other replay action how they do it, I haven't gotten a reply which I guess I don't blame them lol. I guess I can make a server on a 2nd PC in the house. 

If you install DCS's dedicated server on a 2nd pc for purposes of getting better tracks.. can you log in with same user / pass as your primary account? I just have the one 

13 hours ago, Splashtrick68 said:

If you install DCS's dedicated server on a 2nd pc for purposes of getting better tracks.. can you log in with same user / pass as your primary account? I just have the one 

hi if you run a dedicated server, an account is not required.

as far as the tracks and content creation. how i understand it, the creators run short bits like a scene in a movie. after all the movies are not recorded from beginning to end without a break. they run that one section track, exit, check the track, "film" it. the tracks being long causes a problem with what really happened.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

• 3 weeks later...

I know its a common issue but the replay function is still as bad as it ever was. Other than the first 5 min of the replay everything longer is not worth watching either. In 90% of the cases things happen which never happened when actually flying the mission so i wonder why we still even have that "replay" function when its just not working.

I am really hope we get a proper replay function because for now its just not working good.

38 minutes ago, Fanki 17 said:

I know its a common issue but the replay function is still as bad as it ever was. Other than the first 5 min of the replay everything longer is not worth watching either. In 90% of the cases things happen which never happened when actually flying the mission so i wonder why we still even have that "replay" function when its just not working.

I am really hope we get a proper replay function because for now its just not working good.

this issue does indeed go back a long way. see this comment from a DCS team member.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

I heard ED is working on the Replay System. Can anyone tell how long it takes to give us a proper replays. Replaya are not only important for content creators. I want to see my cool carrier landings and when i took down a bandit in a cool way or something.

Edited by Maberickxx88

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2022 at 3:56 PM, Maberickxx88 said:

I heard ED is working on the Replay System. Can anyone tell how long it takes to give us a proper replays. Replaya are not only important for content creators. I want to see my cool carrier landings and when i took down a bandit in a cool way or something.

Where did you hear that? 

• 6 months later...

Here we are almost 3 years later after I had created this thread in early January 2021. And the DCS replay system still hasn't been fixed / updated to accurately live up to its billing in promotional, marketing materials. Just thought I would drop by to see what progress had been made on this issue.

PC Setup: i7-8700K CPU @5 GHz | 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200 MHz | EVGA RTX 3080 GPU | LG 27GL83A-B 27" Ultragear QHD IPS 1ms 144Hz NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible Gaming Monitor | VKB Gunfighter Mk.III ‘Space Combat Edition’ Premium Grip | TrackIR5 system | Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle.

Airframes: A10C | A10CII | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-5E | F-86F | JF-17 | M-2000C | AV-8B | MiG-15Bis | MiG-15Bis | Ka-50 Black Shark 2 helicopter | FC3. (All  purchased on STEAM)

Modules: Supercarrier | WW2 Assets Pack | Raven One | Serpent's Head 2 | The Ultimate Argument | The Georgian War | Aggressors BFM | M-2000C Red Flag | F-15C Red Flag | Aggressors ACM | The Enemy Within 3.0 | A-10C Red Flag | The Museum Relic Campaign. (All purchased on STEAM)

Maps: Persian Gulf | Nevada NTTR. (All purchased on STEAM)