Inserting Static Template resets all units skill level

Deliverator

Hi all.

There is a big bug with Static Templates nowadays. Inserting one can cause all your current mission units to reset their difficulty to 'veteran' when they are airplanes and such, and 'blank' when they are ground units

To check the bug, just do as follows:

1) Start an empty mission in any map
2) Place for example an airplane and tank anywhere in the map and specify the difficulty values for them
3) Save it as Static Template
4) Create a new mission
5) Put once again some airplanes and ground units just to check
6) Load the static template we created beforehand
Result: The existing units within the mission will have reset their difficulty settings, while the ones added with the Static Template will be added perfectly fine

This is a serious bug for mission designers, just tested it and seems that ground (a T-72) and ship units are not affected, but air units do have their skill level changed to "veteran"  😞

Edit: Please, can a Moderator move this thread to the Mission Editor Bug section? 

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/485-mission-editor-issues/

Thanks.

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 3 months later...

I would like to bring this one once into attention, as seems that with 2.7 we have received a big update to the ME itself but this feature seems to still be causing problems and would give a better way for multiple people to work into the same mission and merge it all into one mission.

Thanks!