Cannot change Maverick mode

Donglr
Go to solution Solved by SickSidewinder9,

I am sometimes unable to change Maverick target modes. I tried to switch from PRE to VIS but it stayed in PRE. I tried clicking the PRE OSB while the WPN page was SOI. I tried the ENABLE button as well. Tried both with the HUD as SOI also. I even tried to CZ on the TGP prior to attempting to change MAV mode, still nothing. On other occasions it works. So I guess it is a user error. What is the problem?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Donglr said:

I am sometimes unable to change Maverick target modes. I tried to switch from PRE to VIS but it stayed in PRE. I tried clicking the PRE OSB while the WPN page was SOI. I tried the ENABLE button as well. Tried both with the HUD as SOI also. I even tried to CZ on the TGP prior to attempting to change MAV mode, still nothing. On other occasions it works. So I guess it is a user error. What is the problem?

Thanks.

Hi,

Try TMS down on WPN page.

Best regards,

falconbr

I think I ran into this as well and if I remember correctly you need to go back to the SMS page and then switch to VIS or BORE, then flip back to the WPN page.  I'd have to try it again to make sure but that is sticking in my head.

My Specs: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, i7-9700K @ 3.6GHz, 32GB RAM, RTX2080

F-14B Tomcat Guide

I know this topic says cannot reproduce but I've run into this and reported it previously as well.  I promised BIGNEWY a track file but I got so frustrated with Mav's I switched to A2A exclusively for a while.  I was planning on trying Mav's again and will upload a track if I run into this in the future.  This definitely is an issue and very frustrating.

• 2 weeks later...

Enable switch is supposed to switch EO submodes regardless of SOI. In DCS it is requiring WPN SOI.

DCS also prevents submode switching in certain states (e.g. locked on ready to fire) which I don't know if that's right or not. When in doubt cycling dogfight switch and then back into AG should enable it.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I just experienced this today, first time back in the Viper in a bit. I am completely unable to change the Mav mode. Clicking the OSB does nothing. Is this common or only happening to a lucky few of us?

Edited by ZeroReady

11 hours ago, ZeroReady said:

I just experienced this today, first time back in the Viper in a bit. I am completely unable to change the Mav mode. Clicking the OSB does nothing. Is this common or only happening to a lucky few of us?

It's common. It happens to me most often when using the TGP and pressing TMS fwd. It tries to auto-handoff, then fails and I can't switch from PRE to BORE or VIS afterward. If I have some time I'll make a track.

• Like 1

Well it seems I figured out the problem but I don't know which it was. I ran a repair (stand alone version) then I got the bright idea to TMS down with Mav as SOI before trying to change modes. I'm inclined to believe the problem was that I wasn't hitting TMS down first but who knows. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Old thread, same problem...

For anyone that also maybe flies the f18... does this difficult stuff happen with it too?

I really want to love the Viper but I'm having some difficulty with some seemingly core functionality. Is it the plane and it's unique sensors, the dcs module implementation or... 

Thx

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Keith Briscoe:

Old thread, same problem...

For anyone that also maybe flies the f18... does this difficult stuff happen with it too?

I really want to love the Viper but I'm having some difficulty with some seemingly core functionality. Is it the plane and it's unique sensors, the dcs module implementation or... 

Thx

Track?I had no problems switching modes with enable.