2 G2 questions

markturner1960

Hi , I was watching a you tube video earlier about G2 tweaks and in it he was adjusting the FOV / IPD with what seemed to be some kind of software tool and the 2 controllers......I wondered if this was part of the initial set up of the G2 I may have missed....? Can anyone point me how to do this? See the video here, from 11 minutes onwards: 

Secondly, when in VR, I get a non full screen rendition of the VR output on my monitor.....is this correct, as I am unable to get it to render across the whole monitor. In another thread, I was told this was the cause of losing the mouse sometimes, but Alt / enter etc dont make it go full screen, and I also have full screen option ticked in the DCS GUI..... Does this matter or not? 

Thanks

Edited by markturner1960
found link

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

I've done no tweak to the G2 apart from using the WMR debug alignment tool that Bignewy posted here 

I swapped top and bottom and made symmetrical left/right.  That improved comfort in DCS tremendously.

Regarding screen rendition...yes have the same as you. not full screen. Don't think this has any impact on mouse losing etc.  This is more a WMR / SteamVR conflict.  Users launching DCS by simply clicking on the icon from a desktop window directly in WMR's cliff house say they have no mouse issue... I'll test that this week.

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

I get the same screen rendition as you do (no fix that I am aware of).  I also lose complete mouse "click-ability" in the FA-18C occasionally-- it usually corrects itself after a couple of minutes.  I get better reliability with the "mouse in window" option selected in the DCS "VR" option page.

Intel i9 10900K (OC to 5.3), 32 GB Fury 3200 MHz, GeFORCE RTX 2080 Ti (OC), NVMe KIOIXA 1.8 TB, Toshiba 1.8 TB (7200), Killer E3000 2.5 GB Ethernet, Realtek 7.1 Sound w/ Logitech 560, Alienware keyboard/mouse, HP Reverb 2, and Thrustmaster Warthog (FA-18C).  Use DCS 2.8 with no mods.

You might be losing the mouse because you are clicking on the task bar at the bottom of the screen.  I fix this by dragging the Windows task bar to the right when playing DCS.  (Just click and drag)

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

On 1/10/2021 at 11:01 AM, markturner1960 said:

Hi , I was watching a you tube video earlier about G2 tweaks and in it he was adjusting the FOV / IPD with what seemed to be some kind of software tool and the 2 controllers......I wondered if this was part of the initial set up of the G2 I may have missed....? Can anyone point me how to do this? See the video here, from 11 minutes onwards: 

He's just using the hardware IPD adjust slider.  The graphic you see appears in your G2 when being adjusted.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

1 hour ago, imacken said:

He's just using the hardware IPD adjust slider.  The graphic you see appears in your G2 when being adjusted.

Really?   don't see that in mine... I get an indication of the IPD when I move the slider but nothing like in the video where he adjusts left and right moving a green bar with his controller (I do not have controllers though). Am I missing out here?.

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

Yep, I see exactly the same as in that video when adjusting the slider when in SteamVR.

Edited by imacken

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box