AuthentiKit Spitfire MkIX Flight Stick Version 2

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome work. The design seems like it'd be fairly easy (albeit with different electronics) to redesign for modern jets too (the split axis reminds me of the F18 and F14 stick column). I'd like to see this type of split axis modified to fit virpil's desk mounts and able to fit either one of their or thrustmaster's grips. As it is currently, it could very easily be made to fit a virpil desk mount simply by changing the mounting block.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, avidflyer said:

Thanks for the great effort and contribution. 

i like to build a throttle but can you please provide the colors do you used for pla or paint. 

thanks

Thanks! Have you downloaded the ZIP? Open the assembly guide PDF and every item is listed along with suggested PLA and colours. Towards the end. Have fun !

1 hour ago, Sokol1_br said:

Nice job.

The "Take off ratted" plate have functional (boost) detent inside?

Yes, it has a step as a detent. I'm actually having more fun with the Mk1a version for WEP mode.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2021 at 6:20 PM, TomVR said:

Have you considered adding an axis or encoder for the gyro gunsight? Maybe include a hat switch on the throttle grip for POV functions?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3452944

Axis for gunsight is definitely an option. Hat switches are probably outside the scope for core AuthentiKit unless you know one that requires no soldering. All AuthentiKit projects can be done at a kitchen table without any tools.

A slightly less distressed quadrant and its trim.

IMG_3709.jpg

IMG_3684.jpg

I love the weathering on these, really makes them not look like printed parts.. same with the texturing like the faux turning grooves on the face of the trim wheel, nice to see attention to detail like this, temps me to build a WWII pit even though I have little interest in those planes